December 2013 Rainbow Babies

Sugarbeth that's my appointment date too and will be the 1st time I get a peek inside, we can count it down together :hugs:

:hugs: Sugar Beth - sorry your scan didn't go as planned. 6 weeks is early and sometimes babies measure a few days behind and at this point that makes a huge difference. Also, are you sure of the day you ovulated? With DS I thought I was at my 6 week scan but he only measured 5 weeks and there was only a gestational sac. A week later...there he was!

Have they scheduled a follow-up scan? Usually when a scan can't determine the viability of a baby there is usually another scan a week later. It is very stressful to wait.

wanta - sorry your betas didn't double. But at least they went up by a fair amount. I wish they could do some sort of follow up scan or something to help ease your mind. I once read a 60% increase is acceptable too. With my latest loss my increases were barely borderline around 59% (6000 to about 10 000) in two days).

AFM - had my check up and it went OK. It was the usually introductory appointment with going over my history and having an internal. It was disconcerting to see all the red blood on the swabs and cultures but I haven't had any actual spotting since then...not even when I wipe. And the doctor said it all looked fine (I had told him about the spotting...he approved of my plan to take it easy). The best part was I convinced him to give me an early dating scan! I have to wait for the referral in the mail but I hope it comes quickly. I don't want to have to argue due dates for longer than I have to. He's put me at a due date of November 22 but I know that is not correct. I was a POAS addict this cycle and didn't get bfp until March 28 (though I got crazy super faint like evap lines 3 or 4 days before that).

We've only recently gotten this doctor as we have moved only 2 years ago and I'm still getting used to him. He has an odd bedside manner that I'm struggling to overcome as he seems to be a competent doctor. If anyone has seen The Simpsons he is like Dr Hiebbert who chuckles after everything he says even when it is wildly inappropriate....like talking about miscarriages and such. I know I have to ignore it but it's tough.

Sugar Beth- I have so much hope and faith that your next scan will be perfect! I'm so sorry that you have to o through the wait and worry. The other ladies stories of seeing heart beats a week or so later, is very reassuring. Xxxx

Wanta- I'm sorry that your levels didn't double completely, but I agree- they went up a good amount! Hcg varies so much between women and defn slows down as the numbers get higher. I hope the time to your next appointment flys by!

Starry- great news that you had a good first appointment and will have a scan soon! Im sorry your doctor is not so great in bedside manner though... When do you think your correct due date is? Hope you're keeping your feet up and taking is easy xxx

Elleff- I loved your post about us sharing this journey and chatting about the different stages as we grow our beautiful babies :) xxx

Afm- morning sickness is still kicking my butt! I have another beta on Monday and my first scan on Tuesday! I'm counting down now.... I'm so nervous and excited at the same time. My scan is at our fertility clinic - so it will be hard to go into the same room with the same machine, doctor etc... It just hold such bad memories for us! But hopefully this time will bring joy. Please please please!

Just a quick question- do you lovely ladies have any thoughts on safe skin care in pregnancy? I've been using a mask with sulfur and a spot cream with benzyl peroxide.... Have decided to stop using both but am hoping I haven't already done something wrong!

Just a little tip for everyone lucky enough to have ms!! I ordered some travel sickness wrist bands, they arrived yesterday and they are saving my life!!! Even if I already feel sick I put them on and they just seem to make it go away!!!
I was sick yesterday because I had left them off all afternoon and I didnt put them back on in time, but the rest of the time they have been amazing!
I do take them off from time to time to check I actually still have ms as its such a reassuring symptom and I need to know its still there!

How is everyone today? The sun is shining here, and our babies are growing beautifully inside us I just know it :hugs:

Sugarbeth-i agree your scan was still a little on the early side. so i think you saw exactly what you should see and by the time you go back you will see a baby's heart beat!!!!

Wanta- those are awesome numbers!!!!! i mean my beta at 4w4d was 1748 and my doctor said that it was a great number and yours is well above mine. also once you hit a certain number, i forget what it is doubling goes from 31-48hrs to 48-72hrs. so i think all signs are good for you to sweety!

Starry-hopeuflly you dont have to wait too long before you can get that scan. where i live they call the hospital and schedule it i have been able to get it the same day no need to what for referals or anything which is good.

Kirs-sorry about the ms i hope it gets better for you. as far as skin care my dr told me i could use the over the counter face scrubs was ok. just check with your dr.

elleff- good morning!!! how are you doing today love?

afm- the spotting i had on tuesday has not come back at all thank god! i have a good feeling about this baby. i have my next u/s on the 27th. i have bad some ms off and not no puking yet thank god!!! so happy 6 weeks today! and my day off so i cant wait to put my feet up most of the day lol

Sugarbeth that's my appointment date too and will be the 1st time I get a peek inside, we can count it down together :hugs:

That's great! I'll be praying for both of us to get great news that day!

:hugs: Sugar Beth - sorry your scan didn't go as planned. 6 weeks is early and sometimes babies measure a few days behind and at this point that makes a huge difference. Also, are you sure of the day you ovulated? With DS I thought I was at my 6 week scan but he only measured 5 weeks and there was only a gestational sac. A week later...there he was!

Have they scheduled a follow-up scan? Usually when a scan can't determine the viability of a baby there is usually another scan a week later. It is very stressful to wait.

I actually have no idea when I O'ed. The reason I really thought I didn't have a chance to be pregnant last month was because I never spotted O, when usually I can tell the exact day. My theory is that we hit it exactly as it started, so I don't know when that was. My cycles after the miscarriage have been a bit off, lasting anywhere from 26 days to 30.

My follow up scan is on May 6th - 2 1/2 weeks away. By then they'll definitely be able to know more, so I guess it's better than only waiting a few days, but it'll be a long wait!

Sugar Beth- I have so much hope and faith that your next scan will be perfect! I'm so sorry that you have to o through the wait and worry. The other ladies stories of seeing heart beats a week or so later, is very reassuring. Xxxx

Thank you so much! Leaving the doctor's office, I felt hopeless. All I could feel was this was the beginning of a repeat, and I was so crushed. But I feel better the more I think about it, I think hormones and fear gripped me earlier and I didn't give this baby a chance, fearing it would be like the last baby.

Sugarbeth-i agree your scan was still a little on the early side. so i think you saw exactly what you should see and by the time you go back you will see a baby's heart beat!!!!

afm- the spotting i had on tuesday has not come back at all thank god! i have a good feeling about this baby. i have my next u/s on the 27th. i have bad some ms off and not no puking yet thank god!!! so happy 6 weeks today! and my day off so i cant wait to put my feet up most of the day lol

Thank you! It's so wonderful to get so much encouragement from women who have been in these hard situations. First tri with a rainbow baby is definitely mentally difficult. I'm so glad your spotting hasn't come back!

I spent all of yesterday very sick. For the doctor appointment, I was nearly late because I almost lost it several times and wanted to pull over. I kept dry heaving when I walked into my kitchen. I got even more sick, even with a full belly, when I went to go to bed. It seems like morning sickness is suddenly smacking me for some reassurance, so I'm embracing it. I forgot how rough it makes you feel, but I definitely want to feel as pregnant as possible, so I'm fine with it!

Well, my numbers did not double. In fact, they only increased by 200 to 1500. My doctor was honest and said that it does not look good. I am devastated and can barely keep it together at this point.:cry:

Hopeful i am so sorry! what did they say is the plan from here on out? i still wouldnt give up hope though. honestly with my first child i couldnt even get a bfp till i was 6 weeks pregnant. when i was 4 weeks along with him i had a blood test done that said bfn and it was 2 weeks or so before i finally got a bfp at home. so everyone is different. praying for ya girl!

Sugarbeth-not a problem i had something similar where my dr said since my hcg was 1748 they would do an u/s bc over 1500 you should see something. went in at 4w5d for the u/s and the tech may have saw a small something not sure. in the end they all decided i was too early...well duh lol....my next scan is on 27th and i will be 7w1d so should see that hb..i am nervous though but i want this so bad! i had a dream that we see the heartbeat so i am hopeing that is a good sign.

Hopeful-i found this site helpful when trying to understand hcg levels

https://www.babymed.com/tools/hcg-calculator

:hugs: Hopeful, I'm so sorry. I hope your baby defies the odds but I'm glad your doctor is being honest with you. I hate it when doctors just blow you off or act like they don't care.

Kirs_T - I think my correct due date is December 8th but I could be off a few days. My cycles are generally in the 40 day range but I've never been super regular and my cycles were still somewhat messed up after my miscarriage. I got about a week of ovulation signs from about March 10th to the 16th but couldn't get a proper bfp until about March 29.

Good luck with your betas and scan!

afm - had a little bit of brown spotting after my doctor's visit but it seems to have gone again. My morning sickness isn't getting any worse so I'm grateful for that. It's there but I can deal with it.

Krissy- The plan is for me to attend my regular Tuesday appointment and still have the ultrasound. Her guess is that it is either an ectopic pregnancy or simply a pregnancy that never actually developed a baby, maybe just a sac. They just need to see what is actually going on. She told me that I may start to bleed. Now, I am terrified that something terrible is going to happen over the weekend when they are, of course, closed. I am so tired of being scared and disappointed. I can't even imagine the disappointment that our daughter is going to feel when she finds out that this baby isn't coming either...not sure how much disappointment a first grader can handle in 9 months.:cry:

:hugs: Hopeful, it really is unfair how these things work. I would never wish a loss on anybody but it really sucks that it seems to be the same people who keep having them. I hope your baby proves everybody wrong. And it is so hard when you have to explain things to a child.

If something does happen over the weekend go to the emergency department. In Canada, that is where we have to go in miscarriage situations. They should be able to look after you. But I hope you won't have to do that.

Big hugs, Hopeful. I'm so sorry to hear this news! I'm praying for you and your baby, hoping that they find a healthy baby when they look next.

If you need to go to the hospital, go directly to L&D first. Most hospitals have a special section for those emergencies when you need to get checked out right away. ER doctors usually have no idea what to do with a pregnant woman and can misdiagnose, plus they make you wait for hours for something like this. When I was told I might be miscarrying last time, my midwife said if I ever felt the need to go to the hospital, go straight to L&D and explain the situation there.

Hopeful-i still got my fingers crossed for ya! I know it is scary and i know what you mean about telling your daughter. i had my first mc a yr ago and it was hard to tell my kids then. then i got pg again in july and told my kids right away and then mc a week later and that was hard to tell them again. so this time around we still have not told them and i have known for 3 weeks. after we see a heart beat is when we agreed to tell the kids i cant keep putting them through it. i really do hope that they see a heartbeat tuesday. :hugs:

Can I join too?
I had delivered my full term daughter in Jan, she was born sleeping. I just found out this last week that we are having another baby! Shocked, Yes! But excited. I am more worried that I got pg so soon after my c/s. My due date is Dec 25th :)

Welcome missy mo! What a fantastic due date :) Christmas love!

Hopeful- how are you going over the weekend? I am hoping and praying for you too.... Hope that you have some good news on Tuesday at your appointment. Xxx lots of love

Any others out there? I just got my BFP yesterday at 10 DPO with a clearblue digital. With my January pregnancy, I didn't get a BFP until 5 days after my expected pregnancy, which I would estimate around 20 DPO. Hopefully it's a good sign! Currently fertility friend says my EDD is 12/11/13 - I hope this is a sticky one!!

Random, but that's my birthday!
Got my BFP this month on the 18th. Expecting December 25thish :happydance:

Hopeful- how are you going over the weekend? I am hoping and praying for you too.... Hope that you have some good news on Tuesday at your appointment. Xxx lots of love

Overall, I'm okay but I feel like I'm on a rollercoaster. Yesterday morning I believed that I was accepting that this baby (if there is a baby) is not coming, but then I spent the better part of the day on the internet looking for similar situations as mine that ended with full-term babies. So, by the end of the day my hopes were up. This morning I'm down again. I keep replaying the doctor's tone in my head and the fact that she kept saying that my numbers just weren't looking good. The bottomline is that I need a miracle and given my last few months, I feel like miracles don't happen to me. I thought this baby was a miracle, being conceived so quickly and we found out on April 1st (the month that our Zoi Emerson would have been born). But now it is looking like April is going to be a double whammy for me.:growlmad:

Welcome to MissyMo and SloppyJoe,
I am so very sorry for your losses, but congratulations on your new pregnancies! I wish both of you a happy and healthy 9 months. :hugs:

My first pregnancy ended in a mmc at 8 weeks in October. After 3 long cycles (49, 40, and 42 days) we found out we conceived this month! I had a bfn on April 2nd, and my bfp :happydance: on April 10th. Technically I should be due December 10th, but I'm pretty sure I ovulated late. I'll have my first appointment on Wednesday (7 weeks 1 day if I ovulated on time). I am terrified and thrilled. I've felt a lot different than last time, so I hope that's a good sign! I did have my progesterone levels tested this last Wednesday, they're at 15.1. We're retesting at my appointment since they give supplements under 15 and I was pretty close. I hope this is my sticky little one, I've had a little trouble connecting because I'm so nervous about the unknowns. I've found talking to the baby has helped. Can't wait to see what the next year has in store for all of us!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->