December 21, 2012......

I dont think MORE disasters are happening just that they are easily publicised now and also areas are more densely populated, more built up, more people!

I agree, I read something on the NASA website a few days ago about there not being any more natural disasters now than there have been in the past, it's just that we have the media to SHOW things like that now!

It may not be the end of the world, but like the end of an era, if you get what I mean? Could be like a new one beginning?

I dont think MORE disasters are happening just that they are easily publicised now and also areas are more densely populated, more built up, more people!

I agree, I read something on the NASA website a few days ago about there not being any more natural disasters now than there have been in the past, it's just that we have the media to SHOW things like that now!

I think we are seeing a greater frequency of extreme weather events and I also think that the severity of these events is on the rise. I agree about the higher density of populations and the greater amount of media reporting, but I think there is a definite documented trend towards more extreme weather.

According to the USGS, the number of earthquakes has increased exponentially, even over the last 30 years.

Natural disasters I can cope with. We dont own planet after all. Sadly though the amount of money spent on submarines and nuclear worries me. I think humans will be the end of life as we know it and it comes with war :( I think the threat of that is the most likely threat of all.

I don't believe it for one second. All I know is my son better get to open his flipping Christmas presents I spent hours wrapping!! :rofl: I don't understand why everyone is worked up TBH, this is not the first prediction, and it won't be the last. I believe people get off on getting others scared, and honestly that is just sad. As some others have mentioned, I'm a Christian and the bible states that no man will be able to predict such a thing. I see a lot of facebook of people claming that planet x with do something I don't rememeber, or that the north and south pole will switch BLAH BLAH, but NASA actually has a websit that has a Question and answers about December 21st saying everything is false, and it looks to be earth has no threat. There is some sort of solar storm that happens every 11 years or so but nothing harmful.

But no lie, my dad's bestfriend is a nut. He's prepaid for doomsday and has stocked up on years of those food kits that last along time.

I honestly dont think government would tell us anything too serious, why would they? BUT I also dont think anything will happen LOL.

I agree MF. Mass hysteria wont help anyone if it was going to happen. Not that I think it is.

Part of me thinks they wouldn't but part of me thinks they might play into it a little bit so it could boost the economy. :haha:

ooo I wonder why when you spell Illuminati backwards followed by.com it takes you to the national security page :S

Okay. I got bored :haha: and did some research. I looked on wikipedia because it's the most concise source of info I know, lol.

"Misinterpretation of the Mesoamerican Long Count calendar is the basis for a popular belief that a cataclysm will take place on December 21, 2012. December 21, 2012 is simply the day that the calendar will go to the next b'ak'tun, at Long Count 13.0.0.0.0. The date on which the calendar will go to the next piktun (a complete series of 20 b'ak'tuns), at Long Count 1.0.0.0.0.0, will be on October 13, 4772.

Sandra Noble, executive director of the Mesoamerican research organization Foundation for the Advancement of Mesoamerican Studies, Inc. (FAMSI), notes that "for the ancient Maya, it was a huge celebration to make it to the end of a whole cycle". She considers the portrayal of December 2012 as a doomsday or cosmic-shift event to be "a complete fabrication and a chance for a lot of people to cash in." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maya_calendar#Long_Count

I am now slightly terrified about next week after a story xsadiex told me earlier....involving a ouija board. Obviously legit :haha:

6 years ago I was told by a 'spirit' that the world is going to end December the 21st and it will be aliens :'(

It was probably someone else doing the quiji board as a joke but I do think aliens are quite cool lol

6 years ago I was told by a 'spirit' that the world is going to end December the 21st and it will be aliens :'(

I hope it was someone messing around! Aliens fascinate me but at the same time terrify me.

i know, it's so scary. I doubt it will happen. Aliens really scare me though, they are so unknown. Maybe they'll come but be friendly?

I think they play a big part in mankind's history. It's just the unknown part that makes me nervous!

If I where a ghost I would scare the crap out of someone and say that to . For now I will pretend all that isnt real.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->