December Snowflakes 2015! Come join me 74 ladies, 10 angels, two sets of twins!

I have this bad throbbing pain from my right side just around the pelvic bone...the pain from right side is constant from last 24 hours... at times from left side too...Any one had this kind of constant throbbing pain? Can it be relating to UTI or something to do with ovaries? (the 12th week test showed no UTI and clear ovaries though) I am just worried...I am in the process of changing OB and cant meet the new one until this 23rd.

Indian Maa, I have been having this too for the past few days. I was worried at first, but I can't find much info on it online. I'll bring it up at my doctor's appointment next week and let you know what she says.

Thanks a lot justplay.. Looking forward to it.
Many Days into it is surely not easy for you... Hope both of us feel better soon..

I have a pretty big bump I developed suddenly over a week. Have horrible back pain too which I never had in past or previous pregnancy. But this throbbing pain from sides is horrible. Was just wondering if it uterus putting pressure... Looks unlikely though. Can't have a throbbing pain from that...I am just taking a chance by buying a maternity support belt today... I will let you know if it helps..,

But nothing like an assurance from doctor. I will wait to hear from you about your visit and doctors take. Thanks again.

All my bloods came back perfectly fine, I was 7+6 by LMP at the time I had them but then I got put forward 12 days would have been closer to 10 weeks. My BP has been perfect at every appointment too.

My bump seems to have shot out too, seems to have doubled over night! 18 weeks today so will be taking another bump pic later.

I have never been a good sleeper my whole life but between the constant peeing, my back problems, the heat, hayfever and not being able to get comfy I am barely sleeping. Oh and my eczema has had another flair up, and in some odd places too .... damn pregnancy hormones ... so when I wake up for other reasons then I start getting itchy. *sigh* Will have enough sleepless nights when baby comes, I do not need practice thanks, let me sleep! haha!

So hubby decided he likes but doesn't "love" the name Atlas, refuses to look at names with me... FFS I JUST WANT TO FIND A NAME! I'm about to just pick a name and refuse to use any other name. Jesus christ man.

Hi girls if ur reli concerned about your baby will ur doctor check for heartbeat or anything I don't really want to be ringing the midwife because they don't have a good reputation in my practice ? I'm sort of at a loss here of what to do next . I'm not seeming to get any bigger not that I notice and I'm feeling nothing yet . The very lower part of my abdomen goes very tense at times and mostly on one side but other than that Nothing I'm 17 weeks +3 days. I have no one else to talk to about it I don't want my oh thinking I'm silly I'm just really scared and anxious

Call your midwife hun. That's what they're there for. Even if they give you issues about it - that is why they're there so use them. They may well check for a heartbeat. We got a home doppler for this reason. When I get anxious I use it. Of course if there was any bleeding or anything unusual I would go straight to EPU, but it's good for comfort.

Can't believe I'm 15 weeks today. Never thought we'd see the day

Hi girls if ur reli concerned about your baby will ur doctor check for heartbeat or anything I don't really want to be ringing the midwife because they don't have a good reputation in my practice ? I'm sort of at a loss here of what to do next . I'm not seeming to get any bigger not that I notice and I'm feeling nothing yet . The very lower part of my abdomen goes very tense at times and mostly on one side but other than that Nothing I'm 17 weeks +3 days. I have no one else to talk to about it I don't want my oh thinking I'm silly I'm just really scared and anxious

Did the midwife not check the heartbeat at your 16 week appointment? If you are really concerned, I would just contact your midwife to ask to be checked. I remember with DS going to my 16 week appointment and questioning whether there was a baby in there as I definitely did not feel pregnant at all. I had no movements and no bump until 19/20 weeks plus.

I don't have a 16 week appointment I don't see my midwife til 28 weeks :( ! I don't want to be ringing annoying them either because I know there's women out there who really need them and may be in a worse situation than me . I just can't shake the feeling of being very anxious and worried ? I may order a Doppler later but what if I can't pick anything up ? Do they work and if so what ones are best and what stage can they pick up the heartbeat ? I know I'm probably just being silly but I really can't shake this awful feeling it's not nice

We've been picking up baby since about 9 weeks. Ours is a Hi Bebe, but one of the older models as we got it second hand.
Seriously hun, if you need reassurance, contact your midwife. I'm sure they would much rather you contact them than worry yourself too much. Give them a call.

I just rang there she said I won't be seeing them until 28 weeks and Id have to wait 3 weeks til my scan she said if Im not having any bleeding to not be alarmed and different baby's gore at different rates and I'll feel the baby soon. I already know all this but it doesn't stop me being so anxious she said to make an appointment with the doctor if I'm still anxious so that's made now for tues morning :( I really don't want to feel like this and I know it's probably for nothing but I can't shake it :( I must order one Laura thank you , do you hear the heartbeat strong

I'd go to GP for peace of mind. I'm sure everything's fine as we're still very early for feeling movement etc but if it would put your mind at ease I'd pop in. I find it crazy that's there's such a long wait between 1st and 2nd appt here! I had booking appt at 12 weeks and then told to go back at 24 weeks. When I popped into GP for headaches this week she said 'who was telling you that, we'd normally do a visit about now anyway' and done a quick antenatal check - dipped pee sample and checked baby hb with Doppler. Could you just play dumb and book a GP appt and say you thought you were due visit in between the hosp ones? (That's if you're doing the combined GP/hosp care)?

Sorry she couldn't be more reassuring hun. But she is right. But at the same time I know how that feeling must feel.

The doppler we have, we used to have to try for a while to find baby, but once we got the hang of it we can usually find baby within five minutesn ow. Just takes a bit of getting used to. We watched some youtube videos as well as there's lots of other things you hear in there, so sometimes it's hard to work out what is baby. They're great once you get the hang

Well.. my son is definitely a boy =P

https://i62.tinypic.com/16a5ceu.png

I don't have a 16 week appointment I don't see my midwife til 28 weeks :( ! I don't want to be ringing annoying them either because I know there's women out there who really need them and may be in a worse situation than me . I just can't shake the feeling of being very anxious and worried ? I may order a Doppler later but what if I can't pick anything up ? Do they work and if so what ones are best and what stage can they pick up the heartbeat ? I know I'm probably just being silly but I really can't shake this awful feeling it's not nice

What they say is correct. It is absolutely fine not to feel movements until about 20 weeks, even for the subsequent pregnancies. I go to an OB and it was mentioned that I had an anterior placenta. I never expected to feel movements so soon and was patiently waiting to reach 20 weeks or so. In the mean time I got a Doppler, which was a smart choice. It comforts me.

You are going to meet doctor this week. It's highly possible that you feel the movements soon after that it even before that. Doppler will be a good idea because babies don't 'play' everyday it seems like. Some times long silence scares you.

Mine is Angel voice. Comparatively cheap I think. But damn good quality. Just have to apply some oil or water on stomach and start moving the sensor over the skin firmly and it picks up hb in 30 seconds. If you know the exact location where you got the hb last time it's just takes 10 sec to pick it up. It can detect hb from 12 weeks and can be connected to a computer for playing it loud or saving. I don't do all that though.

Girls thank you's for ur comments feeling a lot more settled , going on now to order a Doppler :)

So sick and tired of the exhaustion now. I still isn't getting any better. I can barely function. I just want to have it ease off enough for me to get thru the day. I have zero motivation as I just feel so weak from the exhaustion and I am having difficultly just mustering up enough strength to get thru school runs and making dinner. Between my back problems, the heat, constant need to pee and eczema flair ups I am getting barely any sleep at night and if I try and have a nap in the day it makes no difference. Tried going for walks in fresh air and that sort of thing and nothing perks me up. I am starting to get very moody, ratty, struggling to concentrate and completely loosing my patience purely from being so tired all the time. There are no other symptoms that could suggest anything like a B12 or Iron deficiency but just incase I have taken measures to increase my intake/absorption and it has made no difference.

You mention taking iron or trying to increase your iron intake. Have you have low iron in the past? If your iron levels ARE low, it can take quite a while to get your levels up. I think because it takes weeks to make hemoglobin ( I could be wrong about this).so You need to be persistent in taking a daily supplement before you can expect to see an improvement.

I also am getting a flair up of (what I assume is) eczema. Is that common during pregnancy? I didn't have it last time I was pregnant.

You mention taking iron or trying to increase your iron intake. Have you have low iron in the past? If your iron levels ARE low, it can take quite a while to get your levels up. I think because it takes weeks to make hemoglobin ( I could be wrong about this).so You need to be persistent in taking a daily supplement before you can expect to see an improvement.

I also am getting a flair up of (what I assume is) eczema. Is that common during pregnancy? I didn't have it last time I was pregnant.[/QUOTE]

No, never had low iron before. I eat plenty things like spinach and kale anyway so I would be very shocked if I did actually have an iron problem.

My GP just said it is common for ladies who have eczema to have flair ups in pregnancy, I have always had eczema since being a baby. Didn't say anything about wether it can happen in ladies who don't usually suffer with it. Try using and emolient/aquos cream. A basic aquos cream is the same stuff as E45, can help with mild eczema.

Stacey... I don't know how the emergency care system works in Ireland but here if you go to an ER and complain of no fetal movement (after having felt it obviously) or bleeding or anything else that could indicate a pregnancy emergency they will do a scan and bloodwork and stuff. Obviously you end up with a big bill unless you have insurance, but sometimes peace of mind is worth it. Please nobody judge me for this but if you absolutely needed someone to tell you everything was okay, and you can't get any doctor to help you out, and Ireland has a similar situation, you could lie and say you've had bleeding or you've felt baby moving and now you don't. I know that's probably a horrible thing to suggest but I feel like your intuition is worth something and it's not healthy or mentally safe to be that stressed and afraid and sometimes we have to take our health care into our own hands to get what we need.

I'm so sorry you're feeling such stress. I would be terrified no matter what people told me was "normal."

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->