December Snowflakes 2015! Come join me 74 ladies, 10 angels, two sets of twins!

Congrats Indian maa! So exciting!

Just play, yours is the same day as mine :D I am getting a little bit nervous now and then but so far able to push it aside quickly. Hoping I won't get like I did in the couple days leading upto my dating scan. Hope your scan goes well and you can relax. :)

Thanks everyone!

Justplay, I was super tensed - especially because I was alone in the room, my husband doesn't like to watch scans. Unlike last time, I was worried, if everything will be alright or not. But it went smoothly. I am not excited about the gender - A healthy sibling for my son is all I wished. But I always knew its a boy. My husband doesn't even want to know gender it seems like. But our parents would have loved a girl I think. All grandchildren - from both the sides - are boys.

Twinmom, Justplay and Knees - good luck for your scans! It will all be fine.

Knees, I liked the name you chose. Too good!

Congrats on your baby boy Indian Maa! This thread really is a mostly boy zone! LOL.

My next scan is Tuesday and I am equally nervous as this is the Anatomy scan where they measure everything to make sure he's growing on track, but hoping and praying for the best!

Knees, when I got the private ultrasound done to find out the gender I got a dvd done for hubby since I went without him to find out the gender and then surprise him LOl. So maybe you could try and get a dvd so hubby and you can see the baby move around when you're home?

Thanks everyone!

Justplay, I was super tensed - especially because I was alone in the room, my husband doesn't like to watch scans. Unlike last time, I was worried, if everything will be alright or not. But it went smoothly. I am not excited about the gender - A healthy sibling for my son is all I wished. But I always knew its a boy. My husband doesn't even want to know gender it seems like. But our parents would have loved a girl I think. All grandchildren - from both the sides - are boys.

Twinmom, Justplay and Knees - good luck for your scans! It will all be fine.

Knees, I liked the name you chose. Too good!

Congratulations on your boy! My scan is in two weeks despite being 19 weeks tomorrow. We are staying team yellow though. I have a feeling it's another boy but we'll have to wait until December to find out if I'm right!

Hi all! I've been trying to read and catch up but this thread moves so fast!

My gender scan is Sunday! And my 20 week one is 27th I'll be 20+4. I'm excited to see baby again and find out gender!

Seems such a boy heavy year, when I had my daughter it was just allllllllll girls!

I wouldn't have anyone else in the scans with me either, if they asked. Nope, my boyf, and his kid and my kid are the only ones I'd want. I did consider taking my mum and sister to the gender one but that was when my boyfriend had his freak out and I didn't know if he would be around or not. But hospital appts are not for all family unless you.. The pregnant person.. Wants someone specific for support! Nobody should feel pressured to let people go it's not just for fun, it's a medical check up at a hospital!

Anyone else having hip pain? I've been referred to physio, have a gradually getting worse pain in hip when I walk or stand too long.. And once I stop at the end of the day it's like sciatica up my back from my bum but only the left side? Can hardly get out of bed sometimes. 😢 bit worried about how it'll all pan out.. Only 18 weeks I want to work till 38! But I do a lot of walking with work :/

I see a.chiropractor and rmt for my hip pain it helps so much, I just alternate and go whenever it starts getting sore again

Pearlie, I hope you have tried maternity support belt. I get a considerable relief as soon as I wear it. I have this very bad catch towards the left side of the lower back. Its so bad I cry when I have turn in bed or stand for more than 15 minutes. This belt is really helpful. Mine is from babies r us - something with three different belts in a single set.
I never had this - but today I fainted and fell down bad to wake up in about 5 minutes. I didn't have the belt on then. It worsened the back pain.

Had some hip pain, but using body pillows at night (especially between my knees) has really helped. Stretching lots too.

What does the chiropractor do? Or the other one? I'll hold off fr the referral as they can provide the support belts free, don't live anywhere near a babies r us! Def find using a pillow between my legs at night helps but it never stays there all night! I just worry I'll make it worse by walking a lot but would that help??

Pearlie, its not just babys R us. Many brands have this. It looks complicated. But provides much relief than the other models.

Attachments

• BabiesRUs-Maternity-Support---Medium--pTRU1-8866043dt.jpg
    BabiesRUs-Maternity-Support---Medium--pTRU1-8866043dt.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 1
Indian Maa, I'm so glad your scan went well and baby and you are healthy. It's nice to have you joining us on team BLUE!! I think both of our two boys witll be very close I age :thumbup:

Blinker, I sympathize with the MIL drama. This is why I'm glad my inlaws live out of state. :haha: My parents (whom I adore) are very hands-off. Because of this, my MIL often seems intrusive to me, but I often try to remind myself that she's just being a normal grandma who wants me be very involved with her grandson(s). I TRY not to take it personally.

Also, I had my 20 week anatomy scan on Friday. Im happy to say, all looked good. Baby was measuring 6 days ahead, but I'm glad they didn't officially move my due date ahead.

I was a bit disappointed with the quality of our scans. He was curled up really tight with one or both hands in front of his face the whole time, but still managed to wiggle the whole time..probably trying to get away from the pokey probe lol. But with DS1 we got really adorable scans pics at 20 weeks, and I was expecting the same this time. I know, a very shallow thing to complain about. I really am thrilled that all measurements indicate a healthy lil boy.

Thank you Elma!
Glad your scan went good. We, hopefully will have our babies at least during the same week. Mine will be another c-session it seems like.

Are you ok with another c-section? Would they not let you try for a VBAC if you wanted? I'm really feeling like I will be having a November baby, since baby is measuring ahead. They usually schedule c sections a week or two ahead yeah? Maybe we'll both have our babies on thanksgiving! I'm sure hospitals have good thanksgiving food, right? :haha:

Anyone else really struggling with names? I read my list of faves to DH and he only liked one, maybe two. But those two don't really feel right.

Anyone want to suggest some of their fave boy names to give me some ideas? (Ones you wouldn't mind me steeling?)

17 weeks today ! 6 days until we find out if we're having a Harrison or an Elowyn. So exciting ! Getting lots of popping and bubbles and what feels like vibrating. Can't wait until I have definite movements !

I have suggested one name to hubby and he didn't like it and told me we have tons of time :dohh:

Glad your scan went well Elma, despite the little monkey covering his face! :p

OH is still yet to pick boys names or really actually talk about it. He seems to have his heart set on Sophie, although it was 1 of the names on my list it was not my favourite but I am trying to get used to it as so far it seems he is not open to anything else. I have suggested 2 boys names and both he said no to but wont pick anything out himself. My son is Elliott, I really like Nicholas and I came up with Matthew as a maybe when OH said no to that so I am all out of ideas now. I like Elena and Eliza for a girl more than Sophie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->