December Snowflakes 2015! Come join me 74 ladies, 10 angels, two sets of twins!

I wrote OH a list this week of names I like as he wants a Celtic/Gaelic name for baby. He crossed out the ones he didn't like so we've got 2 boys names and 2 girls names we both like now: Morgan/Carson for a boy and Daisy/Maisie for a girl. I am over the moon that he likes Darcy as I've loved it for ages and at first he said he didn't like Darcy but seems to have changed his mind. Riley, our 3yo wants to call baby Darcy if he has a sister and has said so for the last 4 weeks lol xx

Congrats on your girl Pearlie!

I have my girls name sorted and have done for a long time. She'll be called Freya Willow (willow is only my user name on these forums, not my real one) although I am tempted to spell it as Freja. Boys names, we're struggling with. I find lots of boys names either really boring or too out there. At the moment, the only one I like is Felix. I quite like Isaac as a middle name so he would be Felix Isaac. I'm unsure though about it though.

Congrats Indian Maa and Pearlie!

It's getting harder and harder to stay team yellow as more people find out, but I really want to stay strong!

Our boys name is looking like being Arlo William, and at the minute we like Ivy Grace for a girl, but there are other girls names we really like too so that may change.

I love Ivy, for about 2 years. But...Ava and ivy is a bit much.. So it's out lol. I have no names picked yet!

I have suggested one name to hubby and he didn't like it and told me we have tons of time :dohh:

This is what my DH says to me. Well, we won't have tons of time to choose if he keeps avoiding talking about it! But I did get him to say Peter was 'not terrible'. Peter is one of my top choices. Earlier he said we can't name a boy Peter cause he will get made fun of, since Peter can supposedly be a term for penis...? This is dumb, right? Has anyone every known a Peter/Pete getting teased about this?

I have suggested one name to hubby and he didn't like it and told me we have tons of time :dohh:

This is what my DH says to me. Well, we won't have tons of time to choose if he keeps avoiding talking about it! But I did get him to say Peter was 'not terrible'. Peter is one of my top choices. Earlier he said we can't name a boy Peter cause he will get made fun of, since Peter can supposedly be a term for penis...? This is dumb, right? Has anyone every known a Peter/Peter getting teased about this?

I have never heard of the Peter nickname! I think it's a cute name. Probably not so common these days, too. I have a 26yo cousin called Peter, so I think it's more that vintage so nice to have a name that's not altogether common. :flower:

I mean I've heard of it but it's not really common as far as I know, Jack and William could also both turn into dick jokes and people still use them so I think Peter is okay. :D

My step-dad is called Peter, there was a Peter in my class at school and one of my old bosses was Peter and none of them had ever had that reference made to them never mind teased about it lol!

My OH keeps acting like we have forever to pick out names for this baby too and it is peeing me off. He is constantly saying 'I will look this weekend' then constantly makes excuses. Sick of asking him now. This baby was 18 months in the planning before we started TTC and now half way to delivery and he still wont look.

Morning ladies! My Anatomy scan was changed for this afternoon instead of tomorrow so will be seeing my baby boy this afternoon!!! :)

Sheeeesh, the name discussions have me kind of happy that hubby and I decided to just got with Travis like hubby. Speaking of my minion, I FINALLYYYYY felt movement yesterday!!!! I rolled over in bed and subconsciously laid my hand on my belly and there he was! Tapping away. I literally laid in bed and cried of how happy I was. December is not coming fast enough!!!!

Yaaaaay indhira! So happy you felt baby! It's so fun.

I guess it's a husband/man thing to be like "I don't wanna talk about names we have so much time." My husband did that too. I basically had to find the names and bring them up and then push him until he gave me an answer. SO annoying. Like, yeah, 9 months is a long time but it also goes by really fast and I don't wanna refer to the baby as Baby for that entire span of time. I'm so glad we finally picked a name.

For ladies on their subsequent pregnancies - how did you feel the second time around? Because I always thought that my second pregnancy would somehow feel less special, or that I would be incapable of feeling much affection for the baby due to all of my love for my daughter. But somehow after going through my first pregnancy and having my baby, it's all even more special this time. The first movements, now the kicks and taps, seeing him on ultrasounds, I don't know... I feel so much love for him whereas with Caoimhe I didn't feel like that until after she was born tbh. I loved her obviously but I mean that overwhelming never-felt-this-before kind of love. Maybe it's because I know what having a kid is like or something now? Idk...I love it but it also makes this pregnancy much scarier than my first because I have so much more attachment to this baby than I did the first time around...and that is saying something because I was pretty in love with my daughter when I was pregnant.

btdubs - I don't want that to come off like I'm saying you don't "really" love your baby until it's born or something. I know that there are plenty of first time moms who are just as in love with their unborn baby as I am my kid now. <3

Knees, I definitely think there's something special about the second pregnancy. In my case, with my first I had no idea what to expect. I wanted him but I don't think I loved him per se until he was born (not saying it's like that for everyone). This time I knew what parent/child love is like and found it much easier to bond straight away.

Anyone else planning on hypnobirthing ? I've got a book that I plan on starting to read tonight and I've been doing meditations I found on YouTube and I am going to get a cute notebook and write down some affirmations as well. So excited by the prospect of hypnobirthing ! Especially when people say I can't do it, makes me more determined !

Are you ok with another c-section? Would they not let you try for a VBAC if you wanted? I'm really feeling like I will be having a November baby, since baby is measuring ahead. They usually schedule c sections a week or two ahead yeah? Maybe we'll both have our babies on thanksgiving! I'm sure hospitals have good thanksgiving food, right? :haha:

Anyone else really struggling with names? I read my list of faves to DH and he only liked one, maybe two. But those two don't really feel right.

Anyone want to suggest some of their fave boy names to give me some ideas? (Ones you wouldn't mind me steeling?)

Last time until the last day I believed it will be a vaginal birth. But I had inadequate labour. Did not dilate a bit. The contractions did not progress despite of waiting for 2 days. Somehow they suggested a c-session. I think such will be the case this time too. I am just waiting for Doctors opinion. Not sure if insurance will have a problem if I elect for it. I think we will have a date chosen for c-session and if I have adequate labour before that, its good. To be true, I am scared of vaginal birth. :dohh: Really scared! No idea about thanksgiving time in hospital. My first experience in US. Will love it if its around thanksgiving and I am very adventurous with food. I can remember how hungry I was after my last delivery. You seem to be looking forward to a nice thanksgiving time. I have this gut feeling that, yours will be around thanksgiving.

I like Joshua and Joel for Boys. Have I had a choice, I will prefer them.

I have an easy but no-fun life - The first boy is Joseph(DHs fathers name) and this one is George (my fathers name). Nick name we use for for Joseph is Jonah and George will be Geo.

Anyone else planning on hypnobirthing ? I've got a book that I plan on starting to read tonight and I've been doing meditations I found on YouTube and I am going to get a cute notebook and write down some affirmations as well. So excited by the prospect of hypnobirthing ! Especially when people say I can't do it, makes me more determined !

I have been looking into it but I am really unsure on what to go for as I can't really see what style/method each is to see what will suit me. I just want to learn how to keep relaxed and confident and listen to my body not like the CD things I have listened to when watching you tube where it's all 'the pressure is empowering' type stuff. That's not really me.

I have been reading about several natural birthing methods. I may try a combination of several methods. I definitely want to have a doula as I have heard this truly helps. I think it will be good to have a voice of reason just in case. I wish I could go to a birthing center but the closest one to me is way upstate. The hospital I am birthing in is very good, I just don't trust doctors. I am going to stay home as long as I can to ensure the birth I want. As long as the baby is healthy I see no reason to be tethered to a bed plugged up to machines. I think it is great that we have the technology to help mommas that need it, but if nothing is wrong with me I'd rather be left alone.

I have been reading about several natural birthing methods. I may try a combination of several methods. I definitely want to have a doula as I have heard this truly helps. I think it will be good to have a voice of reason just in case. I wish I could go to a birthing center but the closest one to me is way upstate. The hospital I am birthing in is very good, I just don't trust doctors. I am going to stay home as long as I can to ensure the birth I want. As long as the baby is healthy I see no reason to be tethered to a bed plugged up to machines. I think it is great that we have the technology to help mommas that need it, but if nothing is wrong with me I'd rather be left alone.

You sound a lot like me - I am probably not going to have a fully natural birth, I'm not against pain meds (though would like to avoid an epidural). However, I definitely don't trust doctors and hospitals as much as I'd like to, due to past experiences. So I will be trying to stay at home as long as possible too!

I really wanted to stay home as long as possible then go to the midwife led unit but they refuse to accept vbacs. I had an emergency section last time but it was due to twin 1's partial cord insertion plus the cord possibly being looped over the top of his head (wasn't 100% dicernable on the scan but they thought there was a very high chance). My labour progressed well, I dilated well, babies never got distressed etc so no reason to suspect anything would happen this time. I was originally planning to try and labour as long as possible at home but then I think of how fast my labour was progressing last time before I was put onto the drip to try any stop my labour (long story behind all this Chaios lol) and I do worry if this happens again I would end up delivering unassisted at home or en route. However after discussing things with my consultant I am pretty confident i will get the birth I want, I know birth can be unpredictable but they have agreed to letting me be mobile and to intermittent monitoring, thou it would be in stints of 40 mins, they have agreed to let me stay sat on the ball when hooked up just not walking about. I am not too keen on the idea of being in hospital for the whole thing but my worries of delivering unassisted outweigh my worries of spending the full labour in hospital. If they had told me I needed to be on the bed constantly hooked up I would have risked staying at home till I felt like I was needing to push soon lol!

Hopefully they will pretty much leave me to get on with it. I will no have an epidural for several reasons but I will just see how I feel at the time and how my labour is going with regard to other pain relief. If I want it so be it, if I don't great. You never know until it's happening and things like how long the labour is can change wether you need it or not.

Last time I did deal very well with extremely intense contractions with nothing at all for an hour, I had gas and air for a couple hours previous to that. But I am terrified of going thru the pushing stage with no pain relief, mostly incase I tear.

Pushing hurts less than transition IMO. And there was so much pressure I didn't even feel it when Dr douchebag cut me

My first labour was so fast we will be doing a home birth as long as I get cleared for it, just hope we have time to get the pool set up :haha:

I had a 3rd degree tear and didn't even feel it.

I feel more comfortable in hospital just in case something went wrong. Last time I was on the consultant led wing of the hospital mainly as DS's heartbeat kept being a bit odd which meant it needed monitoring. This time I want to be in the midwife led section where it's a lot more cosy and welcoming. I need to check with my midwife though as in my notes, it mentions that I'll be consultant led again. I don't understand why this would be the case though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->