December Snowflakes 2015! Come join me 74 ladies, 10 angels, two sets of twins!

Hi ladies, anyone had their 24 week app? what happened at it?

I see a high risk OB due to complications early on, so I had a scan, they checked my urine, did measurements and then scheduled my glucose screening for 27 weeks. I also got this cute picture :)

Attachments

• 10354731_10102780176036955_1185400667689561171_n.jpg
    10354731_10102780176036955_1185400667689561171_n.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 7
This morning something cool happened. I have my alarm set so that I can hit snooze and it goes off every five minutes. Baby was clearly reacting to it every time it would ring! It was really funny. My phone would make its buzzing sound and he would start moving and kicking, as soon as I switched it off he would calm down. Soooo cool :)

So cute, Poco! They really look like babies now, don't they? So exciting!!

Aw great scan pic!

I had an appointment last week at 23 weeks we did bp, fundal height, Doppler and discussed GTT

I don't get a 24 weeks appointment this time. My next one is 28 weeks but from what I remember from the last time everything the other ladies have said sounds the norm. I can't think of anything else she does.

Seems such a long time till my next appointment. Although my private 3d scan is the week before so I really can't wait. I'm hoping I will have a more obvious bump by then as well.

X

Had what was meant to be my 24 week appt today and we done blood pressure, urine, fundal height, feel of baby's position, doppler and quick review of notes etc, much like the other ladies!

Fab pic poco :flower: so cute that he was reacting to your alarm!

*think* I'm starting to feel hiccups every so often... But not completely sure!

Had my 24 week appointment today as it should be on Monday but had it today as next week is Bank Holiday Monday. Same as others have said - urine dip, BP, measured my bump (I'm measuring 24), listened to heartbeat, foetal movements, discussed notes and next appointments.

Gorgeous photo Poco.

Hope everyone is well.

xx

I don't get a 24 weeks appointment this time. My next one is 28 weeks but from what I remember from the last time everything the other ladies have said sounds the norm. I can't think of anything else she does.

Seems such a long time till my next appointment. Although my private 3d scan is the week before so I really can't wait. I'm hoping I will have a more obvious bump by then as well.

X

Yeah, I have to wait until 28 weeks as well. It seems such a long time going from 16 weeks to 28 without seeing a midwife.

We had our follow up scan today to look at additional anatomy that couldn't be seen at our last appointment. We learned that baby has a slightly enlarged left kidney, which was diagnosed as Pyelectasis. From what the doctor said and from what I've read, this is a fairly common finding during 2nd tri and is more prevalent in males. There's about a 90-95% chance that it will resolve on it's own, but if not, baby may need surgery later on. We have another appointment in 6 weeks to get more measurements and see where things are at. Everything else was fine and he's growing as he should, so that was a definite plus. I've been feeling okay about it so far, but there's still that thought that something is "wrong", which is a little unsettling. I'm trying not to read into it too much for now until we have more answers, but I'm good at overthinking things, so it's hard! Just crossing my fingers that all will be okay when we return.

Fingers crossed for your next scan Blinker but those odds seem very promising.

I know willow it does seem such a long time to wait between appointments. At least after the 28 week they get a little more regular

X

Sounds like great odds that surgery will not be necesarry, fingers crossed it resolves it self.

FX for your next scan blinker. Odds are great for it resolving itself.

When are you ladies who work finishing? I'm meeting with my manager today to hand over my MatB1 and I know she's going to want a date, but I really don't know when to say. I want to maximise the time Ia ctually have with Eden, not spend ages sitting around being pregnant. I'm tempted to say I will finish at 39 weeks as a preliminary date, but how do I know how I will feel at 39 weeks? I know it can always be changed as well, but mehhhhhhhh! It's like they're asking me to look into the future!

I'm due on 17th Dec & am hoping to finish on Friday 27th Nov as I'm a SEN Teaching Assistant so on my feet a lot x

I have my date set as my due date but I have 3 weeks holiday so using that up so I finish at 37 weeks.

X

I plan to finish around 37 weeks, just to be safe. I figure, if I feel really good and have no labor signs,it will be easier to extend the time that I work rather than shorten it. Setting it earlier will give me the option to stay home if I am well and truly miserable at the end.

FX crossed for your next scan Blinker! :hugs:

Thanks to everyone who commented on my photo! We LOVE our little guy :-D

I went for 38 weeks and then tagged three weeks on the end of mat leave, so hopefully will still cover her first birthday

I'm finishing at the end of October when I'll roughly be about 36 weeks. I've got leave to take so my maternity leave won't actually start until my due date. I really enjoyed having time off last time before DS arrived and I feel even more in need of a rest this time around!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->