December Snowflakes 2015! Come join me 74 ladies, 10 angels, two sets of twins!

What kind of crib/basinett/etc. does everyone plan to use when baby comes? Right now, my hubby wants to move our big crib into our room and have me just get up and walk over to it to feed the baby at night. I don't think he "gets" what this is going to be like for me. I want to buy a pack n' play and use it as a bassinet and keep it right next to the bed, so that I don't have to get up and walk just roll over and pick him up. Hubby seems to think I am being unreasonable... I think I am going to say "you're dumb" to him and just buy what I want.

We are using a moses basket for downstairs and a space saver cot in our room. Oh yeah that would be a nightmare . Just buy whatever you want!. Dont think he realises how many times you may be getting up lol x

Yeah, that is what I will do, he just doesn't understand :)

We're going to get a Moses basket for downstairs. With DS, he napped in a reclining bouncer but I found out recently you're not supposed to do that, I had no idea! I'm quite tempted to get a side by side crib for upstairs as it will fit on to our bed and is the next best thing to co-sleeping. They're quite expensive though.

We'll use our Moses basket from ds1 until baby decides otherwise. DS1 only got about 6 weeks or so out of it before deciding he didn't like sleeping in it anymore and then we had his cot in our room beside the bed. Have the travel cot there also from DS1 so suppose it'll be whatever the little man settles in best once he gets here.

Welcome ever! :hi:

we did the pack n play beside the bed for Devyn but he was such a horrible sleeper I often had to get up anyways and walk him around for ages to get him to go back to sleep. This time we are doing a side car crib so I can just scoot them over to bed with me and (maybe) scoot them back :thumbup:

I am currently reading Sweet Sleep I highly recommend it, it came out after Devyn was born and would have been so helpful the first time around with setting realistic expectations for infant sleep as well as setting up for safe cosleeping before you get desperate in the middle of the night and bring baby into an unsafe environment :)
https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-c...m.html?ikwid=sweet+sleep&ikwsec=Home&ikwidx=0

We're going to get a Moses basket for downstairs. With DS, he napped in a reclining bouncer but I found out recently you're not supposed to do that, I had no idea! I'm quite tempted to get a side by side crib for upstairs as it will fit on to our bed and is the next best thing to co-sleeping. They're quite expensive though.

Have you seen the ones you can rent, they're about £70 for 7 months, so a bit cheaper. I'm considering one.

I have a Moses basket for downstairs, and then they sleep in a crib in our room until I'm ready to put them in their own room in the cot bed.

We're going to have baby in a cosleeper/bassinet next to the bed in our room. We have also bought a crib, and she will be transitioned to that in her own room when she gets to be about 6 months old. With my son, we had his crib in our room with us but it was so huge and took up tons of space. Then at about 6 months, he completely stopped being able to sleep if we were in the room, so we ended up having to sleep out in the living room until we moved to a 3 bedroom apartment a few months ago!

Have you seen the ones you can rent, they're about £70 for 7 months, so a bit cheaper. I'm considering one.

I have a Moses basket for downstairs, and then they sleep in a crib in our room until I'm ready to put them in their own room in the cot bed.

I didn't even know it was possible to rent them! What about the mattresses though? Aren't you supposed to have new mattresses for each baby?

I have a moses basket in our room, an extra stand downstairs s take the basket down during the day, then I have a playpen/travel cot downstairs too and a cot in our bedroom that will eventually go into my DD's bedroom. Twins got 5 months out of the moses baskets and even then I only moved them into cots as they were starting to sit up and roll over not because they outgrew them! I know I wont get 5 months with a full term baby so got the cot set up in our room ready for when baby outgrows the moses basket or starts rolling over.

I didn't even know it was possible to rent them! What about the mattresses though? Aren't you supposed to have new mattresses for each baby?

They provide a brand new mattress and sheets for each new rental, it looks really good!

https://www.bednest.com/Shop It's £99 for 7 months if you book at least 8 weeks in advance, but I'm always seeing adverts on facebook for it on offer at £70/75.

I reckon if you don't think you'll have anymore, it works out better than buying one for £250.

We've got 2 moses baskets that were given to us when pg with the twins. One for downstairs and one in the bedroom and a cot in the nursery for later. That's the plan! Can I check with people who know-do I get new mattresses for all 2nd hand cots/baskets? Amd what's the difference between cellular blankets and normal baby blankets?

Thanks everyone for sharing your sleep plans with me!!! I will have DH read this, so he can see very clearly that I am not being unreasonable! :)

Also: It's V-day for me today!!! Wooot woot!!! :) Baby is celebrating by kicking me a little extra yesterday and today, sweet little lamb :cloud9:

Happy v day poco!!

Nessaw, yep the recommendation is new mattresses with new baby and the cellular blankets are the ones with the little holes in them for when baby is sleeping, to do with air circulation, keeping baby from overheating etc. I'd use the normal/heavier blankets maybe over a car seat/buggy if it was cold and you're out and about or for lying on for tummy time etc

Re: Baby blankets, do you mean baby mattress sheets? I thought babies weren't supposed to have blankets?

I got a travel bassinet that will go on the bed next to me, or possibly next to the bed on the floor. I also have a pack n play that will be set up probably in the living room. I figure in those really rough first weeks DH and I can tag team, with one of us taking the early shift with baby in the living room, while the other tries for a 4 hour sleep stretch. Then we swap.

I really wish we'd done something like this with DS1, because DH would get a good night sleep most nights (by which I mean 4+ hours), and I would go for days on end without ever getting a sleep stretch longer than 2-3 hours. Then I'd eventually reach a breaking point, have a meltdown, and we'd fight. Then I'd somehow manage to get a 4 hour sleep stretch in, my body would reset, and I'd be good. But the whole cycle would repeat itself over an over. Not healthy for me, or our marriage. This time I'm going to be much more proactive in making sure a system is in place where DH is able (and expected) to deal with nighttime wakings.

Re: Baby blankets, do you mean baby mattress sheets? I thought babies weren't supposed to have blankets?

Here we are advised to use thin blankets, not talking quilts, they have to be tucked in so they cannot be pulled up over babies head or wriggled loose, or gro bags. Depends on your individual house and what temp babies room is depends if you need both gro bag and blanket.

We always just used swaddlers (when he was tiny) or sleep sacks. I'm way too nervous to have blankets in the crib. Even now at 12 months, I still don't give my son a blanket. He moves around so much at night that I just don't quite trust him yet!

25 weeks today! 15 weeks until due date, 14 weeks until possible induction! We're getting there, ladies!

With our DS I always just used a sleeping bag until he was 1. Anyone else impatient for the winter baby stuff to come out in the shops? I want to buy a sleeping bag but there are only the 1.5 Tog ones out atm xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->