December Snowflakes 2015! Come join me 74 ladies, 10 angels, two sets of twins!

Sleeping bags are not that popular here (yet?), in the hospital they use the cellular blankets. It's amazing the huge differences between countries in so many things, even the likes of sterilising and stuff is so different!

Rileys mammy, yep there's lovely newborn stuff but it's mostly romper type clothes with the shorts/ short sleeves. Probably a good thing tho as I'll maybe hold on to my money a little longer :haha:

I spent loads when I went shopping the other week, OH has put me on a baby buying ban as I bought so much :blush: oops lol. Got some gorgeous stuff tho. And got DS a top that says Best Big Bro :thumbup:

Although I did go shopping on Tuesday and bought one thing for the baby because DS picked it in the Disney Store and wanted it for his sister so I HAD to buy it, right?! This is what he picked :flower: xx

https://cdn.s7.disneystore.co.uk/is/image/DisneyStoreUK/425283997746?$yetidetail$

Any ladies in UK where is best for cheap(ish) maternity clothes ? Or are you just wearing bigger sizes ? I went to New look and they have some but not loads. Got a dress for £15. Anywhere else that's good ?

Any ladies in UK where is best for cheap(ish) maternity clothes ? Or are you just wearing bigger sizes ? I went to New look and they have some but not loads. Got a dress for £15. Anywhere else that's good ?

I don't live in the UK so I can't help with that but imo maternity clothes are largely overrated. Or, rather, they're not a necessity. They are definitely nice to have and they are super comfy but if you're on a budget you can totally get by without them. Both pregnancies now what I've done is basically I just get long camis/tanks to wear under normal shirts so that it covers and smooths over my belly. That way I can basically wear whatever. I think every preggo lady probably does need at least one good pair of maternity pants, or a belly band, just because that support band is really nice to have. I cut the spandex/band part off of an old ugly pair of maternity jeans and I just wear it under my clothes like a belly band. So other than the pants thing, I really recommend just getting lots of long shirts, regardless of maternity or not. It's sooo much cheaper!

H&M do some cheap ones. Maternity clothes are just rubbish though!

I always just went up a size or bought a few stretchy tops or baggy dresses from primark or h&m. I did invest in some black work trousers from new look maternity section when I was pregnant with my first and they were so comfy I didn't want to stop wearing them after.

X

Maternity clothes are ridiculously overpriced. I bought 2 tops and a pair of jeans from new look on my first pregnancy and a black top from peacocks on first pregnancy but this time, I'm wearing what I've got already and have only bought a bump band from Asda for £5. I feel better with the bump band on with leggings tho cos of the support it gives you xx

I got one pair of maternity jeans, half price at £15 from mothercare. Other than that I got a couple maxi dresses from M&S, some flowey tops from Asda and a maxi skirt and a pair of jogging bottoms from Peacocks. Everything else I already owned, I have had to pack away a fair bit of my clothes this time round thou. All my jeans, half my shorts (I have 2 pairs from Tesco that have an elastic waist so still comfy) then I have been wearing leggings and my long tops/jumper dresses. Usually I am in a size 10, sometimes a 12 depending on the store so I just bought the new stuff in a size 12 and all is comfy and roomy still so far. All my old clothes I still fit into so far are size 10, my normal T-shirts ride up over my bump now but I had a handful that were a bit longer so living in those lol!

guess i'm in the minority when it comes to maternity clothes...?:shrug: of course i have some clothes like stretchy waisted skirts, flowy dresses, larger t-shirts, etc. that still fit and i wear, but now that i have a belly, wearing maternity clothes makes me feel SO MUCH better about how i look. they aren't pulling or pushing in weird spots and sometimes i actually feel cute instead of just fat.:blush: i bought a bunch of tops on sale for about $4-8 each in styles that i would wear even if they weren't maternity clothes, a pair of maternity jean shorts, and 2 maternity dresses. i'm going to the states for my brother's wedding in less than 2 weeks, so i need a couple "nicer" outfits for things like the rehearsal dinner and the bridal luncheon, etc. but i will likely wear them a lot after that because they are all jersey knit and super comfy without looking sloppy.:thumbup: my bridesmaid dress is the maternity version too because the regular one would definitely not fit with my belly now!:dohh:

guess i'm in the minority when it comes to maternity clothes...?:shrug: of course i have some clothes like stretchy waisted skirts, flowy dresses, larger t-shirts, etc. that still fit and i wear, but now that i have a belly, wearing maternity clothes makes me feel SO MUCH better about how i look. they aren't pulling or pushing in weird spots and sometimes i actually feel cute instead of just fat.:blush: i bought a bunch of tops on sale for about $4-8 each in styles that i would wear even if they weren't maternity clothes, a pair of maternity jean shorts, and 2 maternity dresses. i'm going to the states for my brother's wedding in less than 2 weeks, so i need a couple "nicer" outfits for things like the rehearsal dinner and the bridal luncheon, etc. but i will likely wear them a lot after that because they are all jersey knit and super comfy without looking sloppy.:thumbup: my bridesmaid dress is the maternity version too because the regular one would definitely not fit with my belly now!:dohh:

I agree with you! I got a few bits from Seraphine which some people have gulped at as they are expensive but they make me feel nice and I always get compliments when I wear them :) other than that, I went to debenhams and got some clothes on sale from Red Herring. I found that bigger clothes just hung like a tent, whereas maternity clothes give me a nice shape. Each to their own though!

I have been wearing the hell out of two maxi dresses and two maxi skirts. SO COMFY!

I also agree that the maternity pieces I've picked up make me feel good about myself since they actually fit correctly. I do think that maternity clothes are often overpriced, but I'm a very thrifty shopper and have gotten some great deals on my items so far!

I definitely prefer mat clothes especially fitted tops, I bought a bunch of stuff for my first pregnancy that I am reusing though I will need to try to fond a few more warmer things for the fall. I really like.old navy for inexpensive pieces, I don't do pants really but their leggings are a necessity the waistband digs in horribly if I try to wear my regular ones :dohh:

I also prefer maternity clothes. I know it might seem to some like an unnecessary expense, but during a time when you don't always feel particularly petite and lovely, its kind of nice to have clothes that fit you properly. I mix my wardrobe with some things that are just oversized and flowing and some actual maternity clothes. I love the maternity tops and skirts, they just fit right.

I was dumb and gave away most of my maternity clothes from last time, so I've had to pretty much start from scratch. But I'm ridiculously frugal with clothes, so I refuse to buy a whole wardrobe of new maternity clothes. I got some pants and tops from a lady on Craigslist and some more from Goodwill and Volunteers of America (thrift stores where I buy nearly all my and DS's clothes). for all that I paid less that $50. I did buy a couple cute new tops on sale at Target (like Tesco?).

I also really do prefer maternity clothes to just sizing up. Especially for work, where I need to look semi-professional.

I have been doing a mix. Some slightly bigger clothes and some maternity. I do love the comfort of the maternity clothes

I was dumb and gave away most of my maternity clothes from last time, so I've had to pretty much start from scratch. But I'm ridiculously frugal with clothes, so I refuse to buy a whole wardrobe of new maternity clothes. I got some pants and tops from a lady on Craigslist and some more from Goodwill and Volunteers of America (thrift stores where I buy nearly all my and DS's clothes). for all that I paid less that $50. I did buy a couple cute new tops on sale at Target (like Tesco?).

I also really do prefer maternity clothes to just sizing up. Especially for work, where I need to look semi-professional.

yeah, i am planning to box up my stuff once i don't need it anymore (though i plan on wearing some for awhile post-postpartum of course!:winkwink:) and saving it for (hopefully, eventually!) baby #2!:thumbup:

had guests and then a break of 2 days at DC... missed a bit ...

congrats blinker on your blue bump! very happy for you....

Hi ladies, anyone had their 24 week app? what happened at it?

BP, urine dip, fundal height, listened to heart beat, asked how I have been feeling, asked if I was feeling regular movement. She tried to have a feel where baby is lay but it is too early really and she couldn't feel much but thinks transverse as whole abdomen is hard but can't tell which end is what lol! She gave me the info for the whooping cough jab but that is usually given at 28 weeks but as I have a scan and review booked for 28+3 weeks I am just going to ask them to do my bloods so no point in seeing MW too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->