December Snowflakes 2015! Come join me 74 ladies, 10 angels, two sets of twins!

Here the latest we can finish up work is two weeks before the end of the week your due (if that makes sense!) So the latest I can start my mat leave will be 20th November but I'm hoping to take 2 weeks annual leave that will be left before that so finishing up on November 6th @ 36+1.

So sorry they've found an issue blinker but fingers crossed all is ok at next scan, those are great odds that you have :flower:

I was going to work until 39 weeks with Devyn but then he arrived earlier :haha: working towards the end was utterly exhausting I only worked part time so it was OK but I was quite sore walking and had to pee constantly

I get 4 weeks before my due date - it's take it or lose it so I'm taking it - plus I'm adding 2 weeks of vacation beforehand so my mat leave will start at 34 weeks. Counting down!

Blinker - fingers crossed that the issue resolves itself. Like the other ladies said, those are great odds. Try not to worry and trust that everything will be alright. xx

Poco - I'm jealous of your pic! I want one!! :)

Blinker, I hope everything ends up being ok with baby, but the odds do sound encouraging. Keep us posted.

I will be working up until the day/hour I go into labor. It would be nice to take a couple weeks off before, but I only get 12 weeks off total (and only 6 paid, though I can use 4 weeks of paid sick leave, so really 10 weeks paid), and I want to spend all that time with baby boy.

I work half a block from the hospital I'll deliver at. Just a 1-2 min walk. So I actually would prefer to go into labor while I'm at work. I think that would be preferable to a 20 min drive from home.

I get 4 weeks before my due date - it's take it or lose it so I'm taking it - plus I'm adding 2 weeks of vacation beforehand so my mat leave will start at 34 weeks. Counting down!

That is so awesome!

Wow, you guys get a lot of mat leave over there! Luckily I'm a SAHM so I don't have to worry too much about the US's awful maternity leave policy. But grrrr.

Wow, you guys get a lot of mat leave over there! Luckily I'm a SAHM so I don't have to worry too much about the US's awful maternity leave policy. But grrrr.

Being on this forum makes me so sad about all of the problems with the US. We're so backwards it seems. :dohh:

Today is V day for me! Yay!! I am going out December 1st at 38weeks. I live in USA so I only get about 12 weeks out but I have private insurance also so my leave will all be paid. Still haven't bought any maternity clothes yet but I do have to but new clothes...especially since my puppy thought it was ok to eat all my comfy pants, lol.

Elma - I work in the hospital I'm booked at! I kind of hope labour starts at work...

happy v day ladybug!

I'm definitely jealous of everyone. I plan to work up until the last minute as long as I'm able, considering I only get 6 weeks unpaid maternity leave. I do have quite a bit of sick time and vacation time that I've been trying to save, so at least I should be able to cover those 6 weeks and still get a paycheck. I'd ultimately like to extend it to 8 but will have to play that by ear.

Thanks for all the well wishes. I have an appointment with my regular doctor today, so hopefully we can discuss the ultrasound findings further for more clarification.

I'm definitely jealous of everyone. I plan to work up until the last minute as long as I'm able, considering I only get 6 weeks unpaid maternity leave. I do have quite a bit of sick time and vacation time that I've been trying to save, so at least I should be able to cover those 6 weeks and still get a paycheck. I'd ultimately like to extend it to 8 but will have to play that by ear.
I'm the same as you blinker. 6 weeks unpaid (like with my last pregnancy). I did sign up for AFLAC this time, so hopefully that helps some. I hope all goes well with your next ultrasound!

Hello hello - I've had a pregnancy diary since I got my BFP in April, but I've only just found this thread.

My EDD is 29/12/2015 and we are Team :pink:

Which gives us 1 of each and we are thrilled.

I'd love to be added to the list :)

It's sad that I can tell which of you are in the US just by reading how much mat leave (or lack thereof) that you'll get. We really are backwards in some ways, aren't we Knees? Smdh.
Welcome, Fliss! I too am team :pink: after having a little boy.

Welcome fliss :)

Yes the mat leave in the US is utterly ridiculous, I can't even imagine having to work with a 6 week old baby :nope: I am not currently working but we get 1 year of partial pay in Canada as long as you work a certain number of hours in the past year, we can even split it between parents so with Devyn my hubby took 3 months off since he could.collect the maximum weekly benefits (I was so sick of him by the end! :haha:) and I claimed the rest. He is actually eligible for this baby even though I don't work but he will probably only take a month since the pay is quite a bit lower than what he usually makes

Welcome fliss! We're also team pink after having a boy already :flower:

I'm a Christmas nut and buy presents all round so look what got delivered for baby's Christmas present today :blush: lol xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 1
Welcome fliss! We're also team pink after having a boy already :flower:

I'm a Christmas nut and buy presents all round so look what got delivered for baby's Christmas present today :blush: lol xx

that is too cute! !. I have started looking at Christmas gifts for my DD. Very excited ! .

Hello hello - I've had a pregnancy diary since I got my BFP in April, but I've only just found this thread.

My EDD is 29/12/2015 and we are Team :pink:

Which gives us 1 of each and we are thrilled.

I'd love to be added to the list :)

hey congrats on your baby girl!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"