December Snowflakes 2015! Come join me 74 ladies, 10 angels, two sets of twins!

Good luck wishingonastar and justplay! Knees, any news?

Willow, I'm glad all is well, but damn! That's sounds dramatic. Are you home with baby yet?

I've been home for 3 days with lil man, and my nipples hurt, and I'm ridiculously sleep deprived, but OMG I'm so in love! :happydance:

We're home but finding feeding really really hard. She can latch but it's quite painful and despite seeing breastfeeding support workers in hospital we've still not mastered it. She also wants to feed constantly throughout the night and is refusing to go in her crib whenever she does sleep. I am beyond exhausted.

I've not been able to look at this thread so much as a result but wow, the babies are coming thick and fast and we're only a few days into December!

I just want to say massive congratulations to all those that have had their babies and good luck to all those whose previous bundles have yet to arrive.

Speaking as someone who nearly gave up with breastfeeding due to pain and poor latch the best thing you can do is call your local surestart if you're in England and ask when their breastfeeding support group is on. Get yourself along to next one. Then also look at YouTube video on latch. I have fed two children and this is my third yet I've had to reremind myself of latch as have done it wrong already and nips so sore :dohh:

You have to hold them from back of neck and gently bob their top lip on your nip then aim so your nipped is in line with their nose so they have to tip their head to take it in mouth. Your nipple should be at roof of their mouth and they should have good mouthful of areola from underneath nipple. If don't get that balance you end up with sore nips. Partly unavoidable as their mouths are so teeny now but as they grow it's easiest thing ever

Lansinoh ointment (free prescription in uk) is what you need to get straight away. Put it on before a feed and after. It heals cracks and reduces friction when baby feeds

Congratulations Riley!
Congratulations to everyone with their new bundles. So exciting!

Congrats Riley she is a wee gem ! Darcy is the name I have chosen if I have a little girl , we have good taste ! Hope you're well :)

So exciting hearing how everyone is progressing ! I am 4 days away from my due date I don't see things happening naturally not getting much pains but sometimes feeling a lot of pressure. I've tried sex , the ball , raspberry leaf tea, evening primrose oil , pineapple, hot curry , power walks the works ! I think it'll just happen when it's meant to :(

I have a sweep on Tuesday then another on Thursday so just hoping they set the ball rolling :( has anyone had two sweeps close together with any success ??

Good luck ladies thinking on u all ! x

Congrats RileysMammy, she's adorable! Now if these babies could have a word with my little man and tell him to get a wiggle on, that would be great :haha:

Arghh whats the point of getting the flu jab if you get the most horrendous cold ever!!. Im really starting to get frustrated especially as my due date is getting closer.

I wouldn't mind so much but the fact that my nose is all stuffy and really hurts :-/

Sorry for the rant just needed to get it out there!!.

Eek so many babies!

My son was born December 1st at 1:14 pm, 6 pounds 11 oz and 19 inches, I was 38+5. He is a tiny little thing! Got induced because the ob was concerned about a bp reading especially with my history. Labor went great, only pushed for forty five minutes. Unfortunately he's been dealing with some issues, his bilirubin was rising too quickly so he was under the lights for a whole day which was awful because I couldn't hold him. Then he started having trouble regulating his temperature and his weight was going down and they were worried about a potential infection so they've been giving him antibiotics. If his weight gain is better by tomorrow and his new blood tests come back ok, we might get to go home tomorrow! They put us in a family room after I was discharged so we've been staying here with him. I love him so much.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 18
Congrats rileysmammy!! Darcy is so lovely!!

Willow, sorry to hear about your rough start with breast feeding. I've had a rocky start too, despite having successfully BF DS1. I had cracked nipples after only one day. Lansinoh helps a bit, as does being really watchful of the latch, but I think, for me, it was bound to happen.

But I'm hanging in there. The worst part really in the sleep deprivation, esp at night, when baby won't sleep for longer that 40 minutes at a time unless being held. What I'm doing to survive right now, is to nurse him to sleep around 4 am or so, then I pass him off to DH, who parks it on the couch holding Ike until either baby or DS1 wake up. That got me a 2.5 hour stretch of sleep last night, enough to ALMOST feel normal (I had a few short naps too).

As for not being able to lay baby down, I can certainly relate. Are you swaddling? Tightly? I would definitely do that. No way I could lay Ike down in his bassinet if not swaddled. Also I have to wait till he's on a "deep sleep", no eyelid motion and shallow breathing, before I set him down or else he's instantly awake. That takes tought 20 min or so.

Congrats knees!

Many babies refuse to sleep alone, it's totally against all their instincts. With Devyn hubby and I took turns staying up and holding him. This time we are just cosleeping right from the beginning

He's a lovely boy, Knees. Congratulations! Hope y'all get to go home with him soon.

Congrats rileysmammy!! Darcy is so lovely!!

Willow, sorry to hear about your rough start with breast feeding. I've had a rocky start too, despite having successfully BF DS1. I had cracked nipples after only one day. Lansinoh helps a bit, as does being really watchful of the latch, but I think, for me, it was bound to happen.

But I'm hanging in there. The worst part really in the sleep deprivation, esp at night, when baby won't sleep for longer that 40 minutes at a time unless being held. What I'm doing to survive right now, is to nurse him to sleep around 4 am or so, then I pass him off to DH, who parks it on the couch holding Ike until either baby or DS1 wake up. That got me a 2.5 hour stretch of sleep last night, enough to ALMOST feel normal (I had a few short naps too).

As for not being able to lay baby down, I can certainly relate. Are you swaddling? Tightly? I would definitely do that. No way I could lay Ike down in his bassinet if not swaddled. Also I have to wait till he's on a "deep sleep", no eyelid motion and shallow breathing, before I set him down or else he's instantly awake. That takes tought 20 min or so.

Thank you. It helps to know I'm not alone. I hope that it gets easier for you. Thank you to wishing for the advice as well.

Unfortunately Freya has lost 12.6% of her birth weight so we've been advised to top her up with formula. We're on a breastfeeding/expressing/cup feeding formula routine which is exactly what we ended up doing with Reuben and he ended up being bottle fed. We're persevering but I don't know how long we can go on for really.

Congrats knees!

I realised I never posted a photo of her :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 14
oh she is beautiful willow! So sorry you are having trouble, hope things pick up for you both.

Knees he is lovely, he looks so tiny. Fingers crossed you get home soon, but it's nice they have you in a family room so you can all be with him.

X

Congrats RileysMammy, she's adorable! Now if these babies could have a word with my little man and tell him to get a wiggle on, that would be great :haha:

He's here!!! Little man is 5 hours old and is a little chubster at 9lb 1/2oz! Got to hospital at 6am and he was here at 10.06am after an hour of pushing. So in love!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->