• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

December Snowflakes 2015! Come join me 74 ladies, 10 angels, two sets of twins!

Congratulations to all the new mommas! Babies coming everywhere! Can't wait to see more pictures.

Speaking of which, I'm finally going to post a few of my little 4 day old girl!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1449452946183.jpg
    FB_IMG_1449452946183.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 13
  • FB_IMG_1449452967917.jpg
    FB_IMG_1449452967917.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMAG0546.jpg
    IMAG0546.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 13
Congratulations babybump!

Good luck 2ndtime, I hope this is it for you!

Justplay, you girl is precious. And I'm jealous you got your Xmas tree up. I'm starting to think ours will never go up.

ElmaWG, thank you! And yeah, we got it up before she came, knowing there's no way we'd get it up once she got here!

Congrats on all of the babies. Hope everyone is doing well. But to be honest I am jealous that you have your little ones and I am stuck over 40 weeks. I feel like this pregnancy is never going to end. I just want my little guy here. Sorry for the rant but I never expected to go over with this one since my dd came a few days early.

Also, my friends and family are driving me crazy. Every day I get text messages from several people asking if the baby is here yet. I keep telling them I will let them know when he arrives, but they keep bothering me. I also fear that a few of them will not respect my desire to not have visitors for the first few days after he does arrive. I am so over this.

Éclairs am with you. Am 6 days over now and had enough. Calling the midwife for a sweep today.
congrats to all the new mums-gorgeous babies.x

Eclair - Sorry some of you are overdue and suffering :( I expected to still be overdue as was with both my first two. I guess the only thing I can suggest is to think of anything you really want to or should get done before baby here so you can feel better by doing it and distracting yourself...?

We got overwhelmed with visitors with first baby and I was firmed with second and now with this...if people don't respect wishes and turn up either don't open door and pretend didn't hear it saying you were asleep or say you couldn't get there as feeding/in bath. If that's unavoidable if you have partner at home they can say you're upstairs asleep then arrange they come back a few days later

Fingers crossed this is it for you 2ndtime!

Oh she is adorable Justplay! And you have a lovely tree.

Sorry to here you are still hanging on eclaire. I was late with my first so I expect it again. Hope you aren't waiting too long. I would just ignore the messages or say you are still in hospital and not having visitors when you have had baby if you aren't ready for the intrusion. Some people don't understand boundaries when it comes to new babies. My SIL sat in the waiting room from 8-2 when I was having my little boy and then the in laws were at our house waiting when we got discharged so I feel your pain.

This time I'm putting my foot down and so is OH. I'm hoping we can go to the midwife led unit and be discharged quite quickly after and I'm not allowing visitors at ours for the first day as I don't want my little boy to feel left out. I have a feeling MiL will cause some issues though as she was already stroppy and crying to my OH yesterday about how she doesn't see our little boy (they have him every Wednesday and we try to visit on Sunday's) but they never come here to visit. But apparently they aren't welcome at our house, yet when they come to drop our little boy off they stay 2 minutes and make excuses to leave so neither of us are given her an inch. I told OH she's doing it on purpose to get sympathy and make an issue before baby comes so everyone will feel sorry for her and she will get to come round every day like when our first was born but it's not going to work.

X

Nope. Still here!

Went to my consultant referral today, after being quite worried she totally put me at ease. As I'm healthy and 'a good birther' she's not worried about iron levels. They might decide to do it post birth if I lose blood. But she said the midwife led unit at the hospital is a good choice. We then a bit of banter - and this is from a consultant don't worry about prawns/eggs and just cook any cheese! (I had joked about bringing a picnic).

Congratulations on the safe arrival of all the babies so far! My yellow bump turned pink yesterday, little Edith Grace (Edie) was born 16 days early by EMCS after a suspected infection in my womb. I was still half expecting to be pregnant come January!

Congratulations Maz! Hope you are feeling well

X

Congrats maz!

:hugs: to the overdue ladies, baby will come out and they will be nice and ready :) if people were bothering me I would.just start ignoring them, everyone knows you can't plan when baby arrives! I caught my mil telling people recently that I was due at the beginning of December simply because my first arrived a bit early I was so mad as I had made it a point to tell people December and that's it so I wouldn't be made to feel shitty about baby being early if they were. Well now I'm kind of.hoping baby comes even later just.to spite her! :haha:

Well, I got to the hospital at 7pm last night for my induction, and it's now almost 2:30pm and I'm only at 2cm, which is where I was 5 hours ago. Starting to feel rather discouraged, as I had thought that things would go faster than they are.

Welp, I'm not going to be *allowed* to go past 40 weeks (thank the tiny baby Jesus) as my high BP is pregnancy related so they want this kid OUT if I haven't delivered by then.

I have a bit of a quandary about actually booking an induction for Xmas, but I feel so shocking that honestly it might be for the best.

I've got a fortnight to decide though.

I am going to the midwife this afternoon and asking for a sweep. Then I have an acupuncture appointment shortly afterwards in hopes of inducing labor. Fx this works since nothing else seems to have helped.

Hope your induction goes quicker and easier blinker.

for those being annoyed by questioning friends and family, send this in response to any and all "is baby here yet?" texts:

haveyouhadthatbabyyet.com

:rofl:

As much as it must suck to be overdue, take solace in the fact that your baby will be as ready as possible for life outside the womb! My son was born at 38+5 and I'm glad I got to meet him early but I also feel bad because he's struggled so much with keeping up his temperature and jaundice and weight. He's so tiny. I wish he could've stayed in my belly and gotten a little more prepared so he didn't have to deal with all this crap.

Almost got sent to the hospital again for low temps today, (we've been home for a few days now) but luckily got him warmed up after some extended skin to skin plus being smothered by three blankets lol.

Nursing is going well... He's gaining weight again finally but he's still tiny, only 6.2 now whereas he was born 6.11 so got a ways to go just to get to birth weight.

I'm sooo in love with him, and so is our daughter. She absolutely adores him and it's everything I could've asked for. Last night she insisted on having cuddles with him in her bed before she went to sleep, and then was super super sad she couldn't just cuddle him all night. :cloud9:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 12
That's so sweet knees! Although my first LO was only 6lb when born at 40+3 so I'm glad he was a little over and I'm feeling the same about this one as well as I'm measuring the same so I can't see him being much bigger, maybe half a pound.

Fingers crossed the sweep and acupuncture work for you eclaire!

Hope the induction is progressing for you blinker! I've never been induced but at least it has started so you will have baby with you soon.

X

Our Lisa Nichole arrived December 3rd at 6:06 pm. 6 lbs. 11oz. 21 in. She is simply perfect. She did a brief stint in the NICU because I spiked a fever which they suspected to be an infection in her sac but we're both great now. She absolutely loves the boobies thank goodness and they've been good enough to oblige. In fact I look like a rail with melons lol! We definitely kept it quiet that we were in the hospital so we could have some privacy. Thankfully my parents understand boundaries and my MIL is fairly reasonable. I'm so over the moon right now :cloud9:

image.jpg

Ah congratulations ladybug!

I have had a whole day of backache and braxton hicks. Just been waiting for it to turn into established labour but no go :(.

Feel like I'm on tipping point for early labour but it just won't happen, hmpff!

Congrats ladybug!

I hope.your little guy keeps doing well knees, I totally understand we went through a similar experience when Devyn was born he really wasn't quite ready to be on the outside. So glad.this baby had made.it to 39 weeks, I never thought I would:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->