• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

December Snowflakes 2015! Come join me 74 ladies, 10 angels, two sets of twins!

Congrats Leanne!

Willow we had to do the same routine with Devyn when he lost 11.5% of his birth weight. What worked for us was go get off formula asap so that my supply met his needs. Not sure.if you have been told the amount you shouldbe ssupplementing per feed but for us they said 40-60mls so I had an exhausting routine of attempting to nurse for about 20 minutes every feed (this was definitely the hardest part to stick to because it was just so exhausting!) then I would pump andfeed whatever iI could pump then top up wwith formula if Ididn't pump enough. He was completely off formula within a week which was important to us because it was making him way to sleepy on top of hisjaundice and mmaking nursing really difficult. Then we continued the nursing pumping feeding until he reached his birth weight at 12 days then went to just nursing. I did attempt cup and syringe feeding for the first week but I just couldn't handle it so we did do bottles, I really think that as attempting nursing at every feed ni matter what was the key to our success. Good luck!

Ugh I've caught Devyn's cold I'm so sick! Baby had better wait until I'm feeling better

Aw Congratulations leanne! That's a good weight I believe I'm cooking a chubster too.

Congratulations knees hope your little man is well enough to be home soon.

Fingers crossed all the ladies having a tough start find things easier soon. We look at birth like it's the finish but it's also the start of another chapter, good luck!

I have an appointment at the hospital to see if they will give me an iron infusion as my levels are back down to 99. Still its above 98 so can use the birth pool at the hospital....if it's free!

Congratulations Knees and Leanne!:flower:

Hope you shake this cold soon, Luna :nope::hugs:

Hope you get to use pool 2ndtimeabz. I really wanted a water birth this time but phoebe had other ideas and came out so quick it was pointless running it! Can't complain really I suppose!

My little girl has arrived!!.

Contractions started at half 6 yesterday morning. Arrived at hospital at half 8. Waters broke at 10.55 Little one arrived at 11.08!! It was the most surreal but amazing experience having been induced with my first DD.

We were allowed home yesterday so just settling in. My DD has a awful cold too still !!.

We are still struggling on a name for her but may go with Olivia....

Willow, you are doing a great job! I have been pumping after some feeds to get supply up, and even that is tough, so I have mad respect for all the work you are doing!

Well done babybump! Completely agree...I was induced with first and my other two arrived of own accord and the difference is immense.

Hard with names isn't it. Phoebe was nameless for two days

Congratulations Babybump! :)

I felt really nauseous this morning and have had a really productive 'nesty' afternoon so fingers crossed she may decide to come very soon (mums visiting again tomorrow so it would be nice!)

So many babies! Congrats to everyone with safe arrivals so far. All these pics are making me so excited to meet my little man on Wednesday. :cloud9:

So been getting either some pretty weird intense braxton hicks or I'm in early labour. Getting shooting pains and pressure in pelvis and lower back feeling a bit shaky too. Been sitting down but got on the ball and had to stand up during the contraction. Ahh excited! Xx

So been getting either some pretty weird intense braxton hicks or I'm in early labour. Getting shooting pains and pressure in pelvis and lower back feeling a bit shaky too. Been sitting down but got on the ball and had to stand up during the contraction. Ahh excited! Xx

Sounds like early labour...! You could go quickly in through active labour like I did so be warned! X

Sounds like early labour...! You could go quickly in through active labour like I did so be warned! X

Good luck!

Congrats to babybump and Leanne as well. So many babies!

Congrats Leanne!

Willow we had to do the same routine with Devyn when he lost 11.5% of his birth weight. What worked for us was go get off formula asap so that my supply met his needs. Not sure.if you have been told the amount you shouldbe ssupplementing per feed but for us they said 40-60mls so I had an exhausting routine of attempting to nurse for about 20 minutes every feed (this was definitely the hardest part to stick to because it was just so exhausting!) then I would pump andfeed whatever iI could pump then top up wwith formula if Ididn't pump enough. He was completely off formula within a week which was important to us because it was making him way to sleepy on top of hisjaundice and mmaking nursing really difficult. Then we continued the nursing pumping feeding until he reached his birth weight at 12 days then went to just nursing. I did attempt cup and syringe feeding for the first week but I just couldn't handle it so we did do bottles, I really think that as attempting nursing at every feed ni matter what was the key to our success. Good luck!

This gives me hope :) I think part of the problem is that she is rarely settling after feeds so I'm not getting as many opportunities to express. It's supposed to be a 3 hourly routine but it's taking double that to get through it all. She also hates cup feeding so that has been taking up loads of time.

Willow, you are doing a great job! I have been pumping after some feeds to get supply up, and even that is tough, so I have mad respect for all the work you are doing!

Thank you. :) I genuinely don't know how much longer I can keep going though. Its just so bloody hard.

Exciting 2ndtime!

It is such hard work willow you're doing great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->