• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

December Snowflakes 2015! Come join me 74 ladies, 10 angels, two sets of twins!

Wow! Haven't been on here for a week and lots to catch up on! Very pleased to say that baby Jessica was delivered by Caesarean section on 1st December weighing 7lb 4oz...I'm feeling a lot better a week on although still taking it easy! It's been hard work but partner and I are totally in love with her!

Lovely news congrats Nikie!

Gosh all these babies are making me broody

X

Congrats on all the baby's they are so gorgeous !

I'm 40 weeks exactly today . Went for a sweep this morning and it went awful :( I am so disheartened and upset about it. It was too painful she said my cervix is very posterior she couldn't get at it :(:( the baby is 3/5s engaged . I have a hosp appointment again on thurs to get a date for induction I'm not sure if I want them to attempt a sweep again :( has anyone else had any experience with this and what was the result I just feel at a loss I've been using the ball drinking raspberry tea going for walks and everything :( any advice or help would be so appreciated thanks ladies x

If it was that difficult to do a sweep then baby probably isn't ready to come out yet, is there a reason they are talking induction so early? Babies aren't really "late" until after 42 weeks and they all come out eventually

My cervix had always been described as very posterior she said the heads right down she just can't get past it . I'm from derry in Ireland and its protocol here that u are induced at 10 days past due date , I'll probably not be induced until the 17th December

Congrats to all those with new babies.

Massive massive pressure here. She's 3/5 engaged and SUPER LOW. Pretty damn uncomfortable. But of course all of this could mean noooooothing

Agreed, baby was 3/5ths engaged at 37 weeks for me, popped back up to brim a week later and is now back to 3/5ths. It is baby number 3 tho :).

Cervix presentation can change so quickly with subsequent births, try not to worry. I find some midwives make you feel so awful without even trying!

I feel like I'm going to have the longest latent phase, bh ALL DAY 20mins apart there abouts, they're uncomfortable and go round to my back. I'm bored of timing now.
No show or anything else except for leaky boobs but then I didn't see any show until I was well established with either previous labour's and waters broke very late.
Just hoping I can get some sleep tonight.

Well hopefully baby will come on their own there.is still lots of time :)

I think cervical checks can be disheartening for many people, one of the reasons I'm not having any

Long story breakdown.
Yesterday:
4:45 midwife appointment: 3cm dilated 75% effaced. Sweep done.
5:45 acupuncture appointment: focus on relaxation and induction. Gave me a drink of pomegranate oil, black cohosh, castor oil and other. Drank at 7pm.
8pm ate dinner.
8:30 digestive upset and diarrhea.
10:00 daughter finally asleep, cramping starting.
10:15 contractions start. Get in bath to help with pain.
10:30 contractions 2.5 minutes apart. Call brother to get my daughter, call midwife.
11:30 brother shows up for my daughter, we leave for the birth center.
12:20 am we arrive at birth center. Put in birthing tub asap.
12:49 baby Henry is born. Water broke while pushing. He was out in two contractions. 20.5 inches long and 8lbs. 7oz.

I don't know if it was the sweep, acupuncture, elixir or the combination, but it worked for me. I highly recommended trying this if you go past 40.

Attachments

• IMG_1351.jpg
    IMG_1351.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1354.jpg
    IMG_1354.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 9
Congrats Eclaire, and Maz, and ladybug! And I know I've forgotten some other momma :dohh: so many babies!

Congrats eclaire! Sounds like an amazing birth for you

X

I'm up and getting ready to leave for my c-section scheduled for this morning at 7am. Eeek, I'm nervous and excited to meet my little man!

Congratulations to the ladies on their beautiful babies being born. Sending lots of labour dust to those waiting hang in there.

I will post some pics of my 4 day old little girl. Bit hectic with DD1 still under the weather getting better thankfully !.

Hoping for more baby news soon! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->