December Snowflakes 2015! Come join me 74 ladies, 10 angels, two sets of twins!

I'm 5 weeks tomorrow exited.
Last night I woke up with a bit of sick coming up and going back down burning my throat. I went to the loo and didn't be sick but I don't think it will be long before I start hugging the loo on a regular basis.

Bit of a personal question but I knew if anyone could give me advice, you girls could. Have any of you had sex since your BFP ?

My fiance and I really want to but I had 2 chemicals a few years ago and even though I know sex won't hurt the baby, I'm still worried as hell. I feel like if we had sex and something happened I would blame myself. Any advice ?

I'm 4 weeks 1 day today.

Also I've been getting ovulation type pains in my right side. I'm really worried about ectopic. Any advice ?

Guess I'm a worry wort today !

Bit of a personal question but I knew if anyone could give me advice, you girls could. Have any of you had sex since your BFP ?

My fiance and I really want to but I had 2 chemicals a few years ago and even though I know sex won't hurt the baby, I'm still worried as hell. I feel like if we had sex and something happened I would blame myself. Any advice ?

I'm 4 weeks 1 day today.

Also I've been getting ovulation type pains in my right side. I'm really worried about ectopic. Any advice ?

I haven't had sex either since finding out and I know it's totally silly to think it would do anything to the baby. I am like you teddy a total worry wort and asking Dr Google everything either sometimes makes it so much worse. I hate this part of pregnancy when it's the most common time to have a miscarriage etc. I have had 2 and I just can't take anything for granted. The ov like pain is common I think and you can get quite a large cyst in pregnancy which is what you want as it pumps out lots of progesterone. Have you had any bloods taken if you have had chemicals in the past??

No. Should I get an appt with my gp to check my bloods ? My first midwife appt is when I'm 7 weeks.

No. Should I get an appt with my gp to check my bloods ? My first midwife appt is when I'm 7 weeks.

If you are worried see your gp for sure! Explain you have had chemicals before and you are anxious to know how things are. Ask for serial bloods which will need to be done 48 hrs apart. They may also agree to send you for an early scan if you ask. Are you in the UK?? My gp allowed me to have bloods and I am booked in for an early scan x

Nausea is manageable... Hyper active Toddlers :nope::nope: :haha:

Thankfully i never felt nauseous, even in my earlier pregnancies too..., (i deal with nastier stuff like dilated cervix, blocked tubes, bleeding etc)

But i have this super active 3 year old who starts a conversation asking me to pick and hold him first:nope::nope: then he climbs upto my shoulders... I am asked to carry him back from school...5 minutes walk though... Hes my biggest blessing but :wacko:

Congrats to all those with brand new shiny BFPs! :happydance:

My nausea seems to have ramped up a gear as I've been feeling nauseous constantly today. With DS I remember feeling nauseous, I would then throw up and it would bugger off for a bit. I don't like feeling like I have constant sea sickness! I'm also getting a bit worried about how I'm going to cope with my very physical, active toddler who has just discovered the art of a good meltdown. :nope:

That sounds annoying. Mine insists on being carried up and down the stairs which given that he's the size of a 3 year old is going to get harder once I get bigger.

If you are worried see your gp for sure! Explain you have had chemicals before and you are anxious to know how things are. Ask for serial bloods which will need to be done 48 hrs apart. They may also agree to send you for an early scan if you ask. Are you in the UK?? My gp allowed me to have bloods and I am booked in for an early scan x

Yea I'm in the UK. Do I just make a drs appt and just tell the gp worried (touch wood) I've not had any bleeding or spotting so won't he just think I'm a worrier

Yea I'm in the UK. Do I just make a drs appt and just tell the gp worried (touch wood) I've not had any bleeding or spotting so won't he just think I'm a worrier
He might indeed think you are a worrier but you have reason to be worried. I just went to see my gp and explained my concern. I have not long being diagnosed with hypothyroidism too so I had to chat about meds etc. He should at least allow you to have bloods. If not you could always pay to have a private scan at 7 weeks?

I'll phone and request a call back from my GP (he's a lovely guy and when I had anxiety and depression from the work environment I was in a few months ago he was so sympathetic and kind so he should be OK) or nurse and speak to then on the phone and express my concerns and see what they say.

Having cramping and sharp pains ect is normal as long as it's not constant or have bleeding. I sometimes get an unsettled tummy feeling does anyone else get like that?

I'll phone and request a call back from my GP (he's a lovely guy and when I had anxiety and depression from the work environment I was in a few months ago he was so sympathetic and kind so he should be OK) or nurse and speak to then on the phone and express my concerns and see what they say.
Go with your gp if you have built up a relationship with him x

If you desperately want your bloods checking and they agree but have no slots teddy if your prepared you can gp to your local general hospital who will have a phlebotomy/blood test department you can drop in to. That's what I did as my practice didn't have any slots

I got my first midwife appointment through the post this morning it's on 13th may, when I'll be 8weeks 3days, hope it comes round quickly.

Congrats to the new mamas!

I got my second HCG level back today and I'm at 389! Feeling excited as they for sure doubled since Wednesday. I've started feeling a few more symptoms as well, woo!

My first appointment at 8 weeks is May 8th! This wait is going to feel like a lifetime!

how did you get your doc to do the blood work? mine told that it would just stress me out more. =) I go in on 5/1 for my first US, will be almost 7 weeks. ps I love my doc, she is amazing!!!!

congrats on your numbers =) what symptoms are you having?
I think we have the same EDD.

I called a few days after my BFP/missed AF because I got a negative test after getting a positive. They thought that was strange and aid lets do the test. My first number was 171, normal but not super high so she called for a second test to ensure numbers are doubling!

Hang in there, waiting for these appointments is SO difficult!

My bbs have been pretty sore but not as sore as with my DD. I'm tired off and on and feel light cramping/pulls/twinges off and on. My hunger strikes as odd times but seems to be increasing! Everything comes and goes which freaks me out! How about you?

Congrats to the new mamas!

I got my second HCG level back today and I'm at 389! Feeling excited as they for sure doubled since Wednesday. I've started feeling a few more symptoms as well, woo!

My first appointment at 8 weeks is May 8th! This wait is going to feel like a lifetime!

how did you get your doc to do the blood work? mine told that it would just stress me out more. =) I go in on 5/1 for my first US, will be almost 7 weeks. ps I love my doc, she is amazing!!!!

congrats on your numbers =) what symptoms are you having?
I think we have the same EDD.

I called a few days after my BFP/missed AF because I got a negative test after getting a positive. They thought that was strange and aid lets do the test. My first number was 171, normal but not super high so she called for a second test to ensure numbers are doubling!

Hang in there, waiting for these appointments is SO difficult!

My bbs have been pretty sore but not as sore as with my DD. I'm tired off and on and feel light cramping/pulls/twinges off and on. My hunger strikes as odd times but seems to be increasing! Everything comes and goes which freaks me out! How about you?

Bbs have been super sore for a couple of weeks but seem to be getting better. Have started to have some lower back pain. Cramping very slight here & there. My main thing is being exhausted, so tired just want to lay down. Not really hungry, I will have some cravings but then I get grossed out thinking about it. Lol nothing taste good, I don't know what I want & I have started having anxiety lately. Oh let's not forget the ms, feeling nauseous a lot through out the whole day & burping which is kind of nice cause I have never been able to make myself burp. Lol ;)

Becky thats Brilliant! So pleased :)

Luna - love the name change :)

Can anyone make us a graphic for our signatures?

Absolutely! As long as you don't mind waiting a day or two while he finish up this moving crap!!! Grr!

okay ladies, sorry I've been missing lately! Most of you know about the moving fiasco, and on top of that, I had my appointment yesterday. No early scan for me, I was a little disappointed. No blood drawn either, shockingly. Just a urine test that was way positive (I only took about 10 so you know, I was fairly certain there's a bun in there!) BUT the nurse practitioner (my doc wasn't in yesterday) scheduled me to see my doctor on April 30th for the first ultrasound. I'm so excited that it's so soon…and even more awesome is that it's my brother's birthday, who I lost to cancer about 5 years ago.

so good morning/afternoon/night wherever you are reading this from!
I'm currently sipping on ginger ale because I feel quite icky!

also, my face is breaking out with the biggest, most painful pimples EVER.
So unfair!

I'm really craving my chicken and wild rice soup again. I see that I will be making it soon. <3

I'm 4 weeks 1 day today.

Nope, I haven't - both of us are sickies with flu, plus I'm on progesterone suppositories that are not sex at all, plus I've had three previous losses and am HYPER worried.

Lets just say we might be taking alternative routes for the first trimester, once our libidos turn on again. Then again, if my morning sickness keeps up, he might be on his own a while!!

I'm surprised there's no December thread yet! I'm due December 14 with #2. Let's chat and keep things positive through the scary first tri and beyond :)

If i've missed you please let me know! I am updating mostly from my phone with a toddler hanging off of me :dohh:

Hi, please add me too! I have requested twice or thrice I think (once when you have started this thread, reminder much later).

Please, if you don't mind :) EDD Dec 1

Sorry I missed you, you are on there now :)

Anyone else driving themselves crazy wondering whats going on in there? Decided I just cannot justify £99 for an early scan purely to find out 1 month earlier. Getting anxious as I have so many symptoms so early on, most of which I never had with my twins or did not get until 2nd trimester.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->