December Snowflakes 2015! Come join me 74 ladies, 10 angels, two sets of twins!

So I think my boyfriend is going to leave. He doesn't want this baby :( in devastated. It was unplanned and we love each other but he says no. 😢

How awful Pearlie. We're all here if you need to talk.

Maybe its just a shock to him and he will come around !

So I think my boyfriend is going to leave. He doesn't want this baby :( in devastated. It was unplanned and we love each other but he says no. 😢
Oh no Pearlie, :hugs: maybe he just has cold feet.

I am a bit worried about the NT screening now... I am 36 and will be 37 by the time I deliver

Did you doctor offer you any other screenings like the panorama blood tests to check for problems on the DNA level? My understanding is that it is common practice for women over 35 to be offered these earlier non invasive tests. Plus they say you can find out the sex of the baby with these tests as early as 9 weeks. I have my first official appointment on weds. And will be asking about them since I will be 36 when I deliver.

I've never heard of the panorama blood test. MW never mentioned it, but she did sign me up for a NT ultrasound (I'll be 35). Is the panorama test only offered in UK? Maybe I'll google it....but that's amazing you get to find out the gender so early!

Indian Maa, why are you worried about the NT test? Isn't it just a non invasive ultrasound? Or ar you more worried about the results?

Oh Pearlie...you have my sympathy :hugs: I hope he changes his mind.

I hope in time things will be okay. My now husband took months to come around with our 1st, we broke up for a period of time. Each pregnancy since hes still been in shock mood for most part of 1st tri.

Elma I am in the states. I hear there are several similar screenings with different names depending on which lab does the test. It will tell you with a percentage of accuracy the chances of you baby having a genetic disorder. And it test for far more abnormalities than the quad screen or nt. There is a big thread about it in the pregnant over 35 section. The downside is that it takes an average of two weeks to get the results.

He has point blank said if I keep it he wants nothing to do with it. Says he can't love a child he doesn't want and he can't share his love. 😢 I was on my own with my first so it's just a bit upsetting that I'll be doing it alone again. hes supposed to love me so how can he say that?
What's the Facebook page you guys have? It'll be more private won't it x

I'm sorry pearlie. Sounds like he's being a real douche about it to be honest. It takes two to make a baby and he should realise this

I'm so sorry, Pearlie. Maybe he will come around when he sees that you aren't changing your mind. That is so cruel of him to do this to you and his baby.:nope: :hugs::cry:

Had a little bit of pink on my toilet paper last night mixed with mucus. Kind of cramping today. Hoping it's normal and everything is okay, trying not to stress...

Elma I am in the states. I hear there are several similar screenings with different names depending on which lab does the test. It will tell you with a percentage of accuracy the chances of you baby having a genetic disorder. And it test for far more abnormalities than the quad screen or nt. There is a big thread about it in the pregnant over 35 section. The downside is that it takes an average of two weeks to get the results.

It's so strange my midwife didn't mention/offer it, especially since it sounds to be more comprehensive and accurate than the NT. I did just google it, and notice some people complaining that it's expensive. I wonder if it's just that they don't want to use an expensive test, or perhaps my insurance doesn't cover it :shrug:

Where abouts are you in the US?

Had a little bit of pink on my toilet paper last night mixed with mucus. Kind of cramping today. Hoping it's normal and everything is okay, trying not to stress...

Hope all ok today Britt? Xx

Pearlie that ass isn't worth it if he is putting that sort of decision on you. Be a fab single mum and meet someone amazing who loves you unconditionally. :)

Britt, hopefully just a little pinkness is nothing *hugs*

Been so shattered today it is unreal. Not even done the food shop. Kids will be having cereal bars and fruit for breakfast as only went fruit and veg market so have no milk or bread left lol!

Hope all is ok Britt. Xxx

Totally exhausted today. Had McDonald's, threw it up. Laid in bed for a few hours. Feel like I've been hit by a bus

Elma I am in Colorado. If you are interested in the screening you should contact your insurance and see if it is covered. Is your midwife alone or part of a larger practice? From what I understand midwives get a little screwed in the US, and most insurance providers won't cover many of the expenses for midwives because they think it is lesser care which isn't the case. My midwife is part of a larger practice with obs so it is easier for het billing to be covered by the insurance. If you are interested it is worth looking into a little further.

Perlie that sucks! Honestly if he is that adamant that he wants nothing to do with your baby then you are better off without him. You don't want someone that negative and unsupportive around you and your child. I wish the best for you. You deserve better.

Pearlie, thats awful... Hope you get enough strength and grace to understand and act in your best interest! Hugs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->