December Testers!

Blessme I know how you feel I had so much hope for this month too. However it took us 6 months to conceive my son and we are both young, healthy and BDd loads - it really does just take time. I hate the wait and the disappointment every month but once you're pregnant you will forget that feeling - until you try again for another and it all comes back to you!!

Good luck for this cycle :)

You ladies are the best! Thank you so much for cheering me up!

CD 1 over here. Just going to creep around a watch for more Xmas BFP's! Good luck ladies!

Hey ladies, I'm out for Dec testing because I'm only due to ovulate in the next few days. Hopping over to the Jan testers thread now. Great to see the new bfps and best of luck to everyone remaining here!!

I moved over to the January testers thread a few days ago as af was about to arrive and I'd started spotting. But no af. I've been spotting for 3 days and af is 2/3 days late. Never had a cycle this long begore. Thing is FF thinks I o'd late (I missed some temps and opks) and says af is due fri. Just seems odd that I started spotting though. Did an IC and bfn. So confused right now. Should I take a FRER or am I clutching at straws? And what if af doesn't show up on Friday, what do I do? Sorry for all the questions. I've always been super regular so it's made me a bit panicky!

awww my ladies we need to cheer up in here!

Sadly, I wont be cheering up this thread. CD1. Weird brownish red period. But definitely AF.:witch:

Lots of cramps and definitely depressed. I guess at least I can drink on Christmas.

But since I also fell last night and badly sprained my ankle making me and my husband cancel on a bunch of things, I should probably be drinking now!

I moved over to the January testers thread a few days ago as af was about to arrive and I'd started spotting. But no af. I've been spotting for 3 days and af is 2/3 days late. Never had a cycle this long begore. Thing is FF thinks I o'd late (I missed some temps and opks) and says af is due fri. Just seems odd that I started spotting though. Did an IC and bfn. So confused right now. Should I take a FRER or am I clutching at straws? And what if af doesn't show up on Friday, what do I do? Sorry for all the questions. I've always been super regular so it's made me a bit panicky!

Thats exactly what happened to me so I just decided to test again thinking it would be negative but it was bfp! Test!

Yea. Last night I was completely driving myself nuts to the point DW slowly closed my laptop on me and pull me and just held me and said I need to stop stressing and have a little faith.. She's right.. So other than sleeping like crap lately I'm going to stop moving my chart back and forth a million times a day and just make have I'm feeling and leave it at that.. :witch: will be here either the 23 or 25th so I'll start testing this Sunday unless I'm spotting I always spot before AF.. Back to waiting :coffee: (I wish I could have coffee ugh)

mrsunicorn I would test if I were you. The minute FF thinks I'm late (or a few days before) I'm testing. You never know until you see a bfn or bfp.

Hi ladies, weird pain in right boob today. Hoping it's a early symptom. Might give it a week and test.

So I broke down and tested today at 9dpo. It was a bfn, but I figured it would be. The only thing different this cycle is I'm exhausted all the time, I've been cramping since I O'd, and my knee is killing me (arthritis from an old sports injury).

Keep your chin up ladies! I've been trying for over 2 years. It'll happen for us all one day!

Yea. Last night I was completely driving myself nuts to the point DW slowly closed my laptop on me and pull me and just held me and said I need to stop stressing and have a little faith.. She's right.. So other than sleeping like crap lately I'm going to stop moving my chart back and forth a million times a day and just make have I'm feeling and leave it at that.. :witch: will be here either the 23 or 25th so I'll start testing this Sunday unless I'm spotting I always spot before AF.. Back to waiting :coffee: (I wish I could have coffee ugh)

Ashnamber! Lost track of the other thread we were on after I stopped logging in for a few days.. TTC threads move fast.. anyway I'm still stalking your chart! Lots of babydust to you :dust::dust::dust: I won't be online once I go off for my xmas hols but hopefully I'll see a bfp update from you before that :flower: (btw your DW sounds really sweet)

Sometimes the best thing you can do is nothing. My DH tells me all the time, no matter what I do it won't change the outcome, we've done all we can kind of thing. You've done all you can. Have your coffee doll... No sense in suffering. I drink coffee. Since I got my BFP I am cutting back to one cup, allegedly that's a safe amount. I drank 2-3 cups prior to that... Usually just 2. I figured the stress of not being able to have it would be worse than the actual caffeine.

blessme - If you want to lose weight, you can try, but I am 155 and 5'2". I'm a size 10 (US), and my doctor has said I'm definitely not too heavy to worry about. My sister is much heavier than me and had a baby just fine, several of my friends are bigger than me and got pregnant. One of my friends could not get pregnant at her lowest weight (130lbs at 5'4") and she had to gain weight before she could get pregnant. I do workout regularly, and watch what I eat, because I am actively trying to drop another pants size, but that's because as as teacher I Tend to gain quite a bit each school year and then fight to lose it every summer. :haha:

AshNAmber - that comment, the "you can have mine....." makes me want to punch someone. Like, seriously, WTF.
And....have you coffee, girl! One thing is for sure, my doctor has told me several times that unless I'm consuming copious amounts of coffee and alcohol and stuff to stop worrying and keep doing it. My doctor's words were, "if you stop doing all those things, you'll stress your body out, and then you won't get pregnant at all. Drink your damn coffee!" :haha: :rofl: I have 1 cup a day, often times two. Once I Get my BFP I'll probably drop to 1 a day, and the rest decaf or tea.

Honestly, Also, until I get a BFP I still have the occasional glass of wine or margarita or whatever I feel like. My doctor also said that up until about 6-8 weeks (from LMC) the fetus is still protected by a sac so even if you drink in very early pregnancy (as in up to 14DPO) it is safe and won't harm baby. I confirmed this with a friend whose sister is an RE and the sister said that this is absolutely fine. In fact, the sister told me to drink more to help me relax and "get my freak on" :p :rofl: I almost died. Apparently stress is bad for TTC. who would have thought. :dohh:

Ashnamber! Lost track of the other thread we were on after I stopped logging in for a few days.. TTC threads move fast.. anyway I'm still stalking your chart! Lots of babydust to you :dust::dust::dust: I won't be online once I go off for my xmas hols but hopefully I'll see a bfp update from you before that :flower: (btw your DW sounds really sweet)

Yea the threads move so fast.. I think I lost that one as well.. I hope your doing well and have a wonderful holiday.. I hope I hear great news from you as well :hugs: and my DW has her sweet moments :haha: :cloud9:

Sometimes the best thing you can do is nothing. My DH tells me all the time, no matter what I do it won't change the outcome, we've done all we can kind of thing. You've done all you can. Have your coffee doll... No sense in suffering. I drink coffee. Since I got my BFP I am cutting back to one cup, allegedly that's a safe amount. I drank 2-3 cups prior to that... Usually just 2. I figured the stress of not being able to have it would be worse than the actual caffeine.

I know this so true.. I guess a small part of me is like if its this day I have a better chance than this day but your very right.. All that can be done has been done and what is going to happen is going to happen no matter how many times I push and move dates around all I can do is wait.. I may have me a small cup in the mornings. I do miss it and with it starting to get cold would be nice.

Yea the threads move so fast.. I think I lost that one as well.. I hope your doing well and have a wonderful holiday.. I hope I hear great news from you as well :hugs: and my DW has her sweet moments :haha: :cloud9:

I know this so true.. I guess a small part of me is like if its this day I have a better chance than this day but your very right.. All that can be done has been done and what is going to happen is going to happen no matter how many times I push and move dates around all I can do is wait.. I may have me a small cup in the mornings. I do miss it and with it starting to get cold would be nice.

I'm the same way though... I just stare at FF and online forums and drive myself crazy trying to analyze everything. Try to really pamper yourself. This is a sensitive time in all of our lives, and we really need to love ourselves an extra amount. Do whatever makes you happy.

My chart was looking beautiful and today my temps took a nosedive. So bummed.

Really hope someone on here gets their :bfp: today to cheer us up! BTW I totally agree about coffee. Anything in moderation is fine. Even my RE said one cup of coffee a day was fine.

I have a friend that was getting really bad migraines when pregnant because she used to drink red bull and quit when she got pregnant and her doctor even told her to go ahead and drink one to get rid of the migraine. That the stress on your body from not drinking it is worse than the caffeine intake is. So definitely feel free to drink your coffee in moderation!

Thanks ladies but af finally arrived. I think I panicked because I've never been late or spotted for more than half a day before. Just glad to move into a new cycle, which is going to be 'the relaxed cycle'. I feel what you've all been saying about the obsessing and stressing. I've been like that for the past 2 months and I can't do it again or I'll go nuts! I'm going to let Christmas be a big distraction and try to relax.

blessme - If you want to lose weight, you can try, but I am 155 and 5'2". I'm a size 10 (US), and my doctor has said I'm definitely not too heavy to worry about. My sister is much heavier than me and had a baby just fine, several of my friends are bigger than me and got pregnant. One of my friends could not get pregnant at her lowest weight (130lbs at 5'4") and she had to gain weight before she could get pregnant. I do workout regularly, and watch what I eat, because I am actively trying to drop another pants size, but that's because as as teacher I Tend to gain quite a bit each school year and then fight to lose it every summer. :haha:

AshNAmber - that comment, the "you can have mine....." makes me want to punch someone. Like, seriously, WTF.
And....have you coffee, girl! One thing is for sure, my doctor has told me several times that unless I'm consuming copious amounts of coffee and alcohol and stuff to stop worrying and keep doing it. My doctor's words were, "if you stop doing all those things, you'll stress your body out, and then you won't get pregnant at all. Drink your damn coffee!" :haha: :rofl: I have 1 cup a day, often times two. Once I Get my BFP I'll probably drop to 1 a day, and the rest decaf or tea.

Honestly, Also, until I get a BFP I still have the occasional glass of wine or margarita or whatever I feel like. My doctor also said that up until about 6-8 weeks (from LMC) the fetus is still protected by a sac so even if you drink in very early pregnancy (as in up to 14DPO) it is safe and won't harm baby. I confirmed this with a friend whose sister is an RE and the sister said that this is absolutely fine. In fact, the sister told me to drink more to help me relax and "get my freak on" :p :rofl: I almost died. Apparently stress is bad for TTC. who would have thought. :dohh:

Ugh I worry about possibly needing to gain. I'm 5'5" and around 115lbs. I was around 120, but coming off of bcp I dropped 5lbs fast. Do you know if your friend needed to gain to ovulate or if the issue was different? I'm ovulating fine and bmi is on the lower end of normal, but still I worry. Just goes to show you we all probably worry about this more than we need to no matter where we're at. I think we're all just different though. Different body types and different ideal weights, all beautiful and fingers crossed able to conceive :)!

I'm also squarely in the have that cup of coffee camp. I've scoured pubmed for research and little to no effects have been found on months to conceive. Also, the consensus seems to be that 1 cup a day is fine when pg. I have 1 cup in am and then just switch to decaf, but I do that anyway as anything past noon disrupts my sleep.

As for alcohol, there is research showing that even moderate drinking (5 servings per week) can affect fertility. It seems that alcohol can disrupt hormonal balances in both men and women, in turn affecting both egg and sperm quality. That being said, I also agree that if it's stressful to completely abstain then that could be worse. DH and I are typically moderate drinkers as we often have a glass of wine with dinner. When we started ttc, I abstained/fake drank with friends during the tww just in case. The fake drinking was particularly stressful for me. Since then, I've read that early on the bean is still protected/not fully linked to your blood system yet...so I'm not stressing myself out over the occasional drink in this phase any longer. This cycle, after reading the research on alcohol and egg quality, I've decided to also really limit alcohol during the FP. Will probably take a bit longer to get DH on board. I will say that in particular research has found that individuals who abstain when undergoing IUI or IVF, have higher rates of pregnancy. I'm on my phone now but I'd be happy to share the links to the articles if anyone is interested.

In the end, I think you have to look at the big picture and decide what's going to work best for you, taking into consideration stress as a factor too. I recently read this more pop sci article advocating for keeping a bottle of champagne around to pop out around O time for a nice romantic time. The overall message was to keep the romance alive. It's important that ttc doesn't become a long list of limitations/supplements, and BDing does not become a chore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->