December Testers!

My 2nd beta came back at 1112, which is a nice rise the nurse said. I go back on the 22nd for another beta.

blessme - If you want to lose weight, you can try, but I am 155 and 5'2". I'm a size 10 (US), and my doctor has said I'm definitely not too heavy to worry about. My sister is much heavier than me and had a baby just fine, several of my friends are bigger than me and got pregnant. One of my friends could not get pregnant at her lowest weight (130lbs at 5'4") and she had to gain weight before she could get pregnant. I do workout regularly, and watch what I eat, because I am actively trying to drop another pants size, but that's because as as teacher I Tend to gain quite a bit each school year and then fight to lose it every summer. :haha:

AshNAmber - that comment, the "you can have mine....." makes me want to punch someone. Like, seriously, WTF.
And....have you coffee, girl! One thing is for sure, my doctor has told me several times that unless I'm consuming copious amounts of coffee and alcohol and stuff to stop worrying and keep doing it. My doctor's words were, "if you stop doing all those things, you'll stress your body out, and then you won't get pregnant at all. Drink your damn coffee!" :haha: :rofl: I have 1 cup a day, often times two. Once I Get my BFP I'll probably drop to 1 a day, and the rest decaf or tea.

Honestly, Also, until I get a BFP I still have the occasional glass of wine or margarita or whatever I feel like. My doctor also said that up until about 6-8 weeks (from LMC) the fetus is still protected by a sac so even if you drink in very early pregnancy (as in up to 14DPO) it is safe and won't harm baby. I confirmed this with a friend whose sister is an RE and the sister said that this is absolutely fine. In fact, the sister told me to drink more to help me relax and "get my freak on" :p :rofl: I almost died. Apparently stress is bad for TTC. who would have thought. :dohh:

Ugh I worry about possibly needing to gain. I'm 5'5" and around 115lbs. I was around 120, but coming off of bcp I dropped 5lbs fast. Do you know if your friend needed to gain to ovulate or if the issue was different? I'm ovulating fine and bmi is on the lower end of normal, but still I worry. Just goes to show you we all probably worry about this more than we need to no matter where we're at. I think we're all just different though. Different body types and different ideal weights, all beautiful and fingers crossed able to conceive :)!

I'm also squarely in the have that cup of coffee camp. I've scoured pubmed for research and little to no effects have been found on months to conceive. Also, the consensus seems to be that 1 cup a day is fine when pg. I have 1 cup in am and then just switch to decaf, but I do that anyway as anything past noon disrupts my sleep.

As for alcohol, there is research showing that even moderate drinking (5 servings per week) can affect fertility. It seems that alcohol can disrupt hormonal balances in both men and women, in turn affecting both egg and sperm quality. That being said, I also agree that if it's stressful to completely abstain then that could be worse. DH and I are typically moderate drinkers as we often have a glass of wine with dinner. When we started ttc, I abstained/fake drank with friends during the tww just in case. The fake drinking was particularly stressful for me. Since then, I've read that early on the bean is still protected/not fully linked to your blood system yet...so I'm not stressing myself out over the occasional drink in this phase any longer. This cycle, after reading the research on alcohol and egg quality, I've decided to also really limit alcohol during the FP. Will probably take a bit longer to get DH on board. I will say that in particular research has found that individuals who abstain when undergoing IUI or IVF, have higher rates of pregnancy. I'm on my phone now but I'd be happy to share the links to the articles if anyone is interested.

In the end, I think you have to look at the big picture and decide what's going to work best for you, taking into consideration stress as a factor too. I recently read this more pop sci article advocating for keeping a bottle of champagne around to pop out around O time for a nice romantic time. The overall message was to keep the romance alive. It's important that ttc doesn't become a long list of limitations/supplements, and BDing does not become a chore.

I just watched a documentary that says the better organism a male has (& female too) the better chance for pregnancy. A better organism pulls more sperm from the back of the testicles. And a women's muscle contractions from an organism help propel the sperm back to the cervix.

So I'm down for whatever keeps it sexy and fun!

Hey ladies, I'm 5 dpo haven't been around since I was on CD 2. Whens the earliest you would test for pregnancy?

AF finally came ladies.... :(

On to next cycle it is. Bye!

I got my CHs today. So 9 more days until I test.

So today was such a busy day at work :wacko: I felt fine pretty much all day except for the soar boobs I have been having for a few days.. So on my way to pick up my DW from work I got a crazy sharp pain on the left side of my uterus.. It was enough to make me grab my side and instantly sent my right side into twinge city I was like what the heck then it did it again.. But it was crazy because it would sting i guess for like a second then it kinda tickled :shrug: it felt funny i literally giggled.. I picked up DW she asked me a question and when I looked at her the same feeling I got on my left then happened on my right and I was trying to explain to her what I was feeling. Now after all the "shocking" has stopped now I'm feeling I have butterflies in my stomach.. This is NOTHING like AF I'm use to feeling at all.. I started feeling pulls on my right side of my uterus almost like it does when I O but this time once I feel the pull I can feel this feeling down my freaking leg.. OMG this is insane.. :wacko:

So today was such a busy day at work :wacko: I felt fine pretty much all day except for the soar boobs I have been having for a few days.. So on my way to pick up my DW from work I got a crazy sharp pain on the left side of my uterus.. It was enough to make me grab my side and instantly sent my right side into twinge city I was like what the heck then it did it again.. But it was crazy because it would sting i guess for like a second then it kinda tickled :shrug: it felt funny i literally giggled.. I picked up DW she asked me a question and when I looked at her the same feeling I got on my left then happened on my right and I was trying to explain to her what I was feeling. Now after all the "shocking" has stopped now I'm feeling I have butterflies in my stomach.. This is NOTHING like AF I'm use to feeling at all.. I started feeling pulls on my right side of my uterus almost like it does when I O but this time once I feel the pull I can feel this feeling down my freaking leg.. OMG this is insane.. :wacko:

Could be implantation? I had something similar a couple days ago. Thought it could be weird AF cramps (each cycle off of BC gets weirder and weirder with the PMS symptoms) but it disappeared the next day and hasn't returned since. FXd for you!

Could be implantation? I had something similar a couple days ago. Thought it could be weird AF cramps (each cycle off of BC gets weirder and weirder with the PMS symptoms) but it disappeared the next day and hasn't returned since. FXd for you!

Thats what I'm reading up on "if you can feel implantation" Of course alot of people seem like they have felt the same things I'm feeling now.. If I did implant I'm wondering if my temp will dip tonight.. The temp dips scare me though :wacko: I'v never been on BC so this whole feeling I got going on is so crazy.. It's like I told DW I think if this month is a dud ill never symptom spot again.. Because this is ridiculous..

I know. I hate symptom spotting and usually avoid it. But now that I'm 3 days 'late' (if I didn't ovulate late), it seems impossible to not look for some explanation.

I have a friend that was getting really bad migraines when pregnant because she used to drink red bull and quit when she got pregnant and her doctor even told her to go ahead and drink one to get rid of the migraine. That the stress on your body from not drinking it is worse than the caffeine intake is. So definitely feel free to drink your coffee in moderation!

That's exactly what happened to my sister, except instead of red bull it was from coffee and stopping her migraine meds.

lesondemavie - I'm not sure if she wasn't ovulating because of her weight or if her body just wouldn't sustain it at that weight. She wasn't paying attention to that stuff, just knew she wasn't getting pregnant and after she gained weight she got pregnant. She wasn't much of one to pay attention to ovulation and temping and all that, she's too lazy to put in that kind of effort. :rofl:

AF finally came ladies.... :(

On to next cycle it is. Bye!

:hugs: I'm so sorry!!!

Thats exciting.. Have you tried to test at all?

yes, BFN's all around. Suspecting I ovulated late (had weird cramps 4 days after when I thought my fertile window closed), and even if I implanted on the day I felt the latest cramps, then HCG wouldn't be detectable on a test. Waiting to see if AF arrives tomorrow.

yes, BFN's all around. Suspecting I ovulated late (had weird cramps 4 days after when I thought my fertile window closed), and even if I implanted on the day I felt the latest cramps, then HCG wouldn't be detectable on a test. Waiting to see if AF arrives tomorrow.

I'm keeping my FX and sending you loads of baby :dust: hunnie!!

Good luck Hun! Baby dust!

Huge temp dip today.. I figured the other one the other day was from a bad night sleep.. I'm hoping after all the crazy feelings I had yesterday maybe this is my ID :shrug:

Congrats 1once! That's wonderful news!

AFM, my temps went back up today. Woot! Really hoping yesterday was an implantation dip. Really no symptoms to speak of though, so... :shrug: I'm trying very hard not to plan out the cute Christmas announcements to my family lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->