December Testers!

Hey ladies! Can you add me? I will be testing December 12. First cycle using soy isoflavones too. :) Not sure how this cycle is going to be though. I'm due to ovulate the Saturday after thanksgiving and I'll be at my dads house from Thursday through Sunday - awkward!

I will add any new ladies later tonight!

My results today were almost the same as last check and the medicine got upped.... I'll be going back to the clinic for Sunday. It's still early though, only cd9.

Hi!!! Can I join too?? I'm on CD3 today and I have long cycles. I think I will be testing on Christmas Day (Yay!) Going to try Soy Isoflavones for the first time this cycle. Feeling very hopeful. Baby dust to all! I hope there are a ton of BFP's in December!!!

Megan - if I O around my usual day (I'm a long cycle, usually O around CD26 or so) then I'll be testing Christmas day too!

Question: Does anyone use progesterone cream? If so, was it prescribed after doing hormone tests or did you make a decision on your own w/out a doctor?

Just wondering because my typical LP is only 9 days long, and I've had 2 CPs in the last 3 cycles so I'm a little concerned that there is the possibility of low progesterone, but I am still debating about talking to my dr yet because I don't want to hear the "you have to have been trying a year" speech again.

Megan - if I O around my usual day (I'm a long cycle, usually O around CD26 or so) then I'll be testing Christmas day too!

Cycle buddies!!!! Yay!

:D :happydance:

Question: Does anyone use progesterone cream? If so, was it prescribed after doing hormone tests or did you make a decision on your own w/out a doctor?

Just wondering because my typical LP is only 9 days long, and I've had 2 CPs in the last 3 cycles so I'm a little concerned that there is the possibility of low progesterone, but I am still debating about talking to my dr yet because I don't want to hear the "you have to have been trying a year" speech again.

I use progesterone suppositories....not sure if that is what you are talking about..My clinic prescribes them during the 2ww "better safe than sorry" kind of thing I suppose....I am guessing that if that just broadly prescribe them like that, it prob means it won't hurt you, but i wouldn't use it unless a doctor knows about it. I would find a new doctor, especially if you've had 2 CP's....doctors make me so mad! How could it hurt if they gave you a 21 day lab? ...Anyhow, if you do make the decision to use it during the 2ww...make sure that you are absolutely positive that you O'd before you use them, they usually have you start like 3dpo. If you haven't O'd and you start taking the cream, than it will likely delay O. Hope this helps.

Hello everyone :) Joining here as just got my positive opk today on cd15 so I cant test til December now. When will be my 1dpo based on the opk?

Goodluck to everyone!

Welcome Catherine and sailor!

Sailor- do you temp? It's hard to determine unless you temp or have ovulation pain. Usually it's 12-24 hours after a positive OPK.

Hello everyone :) Joining here as just got my positive opk today on cd15 so I cant test til December now. When will be my 1dpo based on the opk?

Goodluck to everyone!

They say you ovulate about 24 hours after the first positive, but that's not true for everyone. Do you get any other symptoms? Or temp? Using a combination of things vs just one thing is more helpful I think to determine O.

Hi ladies! Hope you are all having good weekends!!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. We are working on our inherited rental property. :/ My husband inherited a bunch of property when his grandmother died. We sold one house because we couldn't afford to keep the mortgage. The other is a cute little 1930s house on a river that she had been letting his drug addict uncle and his crazy gf live in. They TRASHED THE PLACE. Freakin' tweakers. . . . I mean, when we finally got the gf kicked out (uncle is in jail....lovely family...took 4 months to get it through probate) we got in and found out the crazy woman had destroyed this place. I mean we'd be better off dropping a match on it. LoL . But we have some friends who desperately want to rent it and have said they'd fix it up (help us fix it up) if we let them rent it. They're in a bad place right now, so we agreed. This weekend we've been working on the place. DH is working on fixing some of the wiring and repairing some floors and stuff, while my mom is helping me work on cleaning out and fixing up the bedrooms and stuff. We made some great progress, cleaned out a bunch of junk, ripped up carpets, found beautiful original hardwood floors under the carpets, and painted the walls. It's actually looking decent in the 3 rooms we worked in today. Still a long way to go but I'm happy. Exhausted, but I feel accomplished. :)

1nceUponATime My current doctor is my new doctor actually. My previous doctor retired at the end of August and I went to him in August concerned about my LP and hormones and he didnt' want to do anything until I'd been trying a year. I didn't have insurance for the month of September because of a job change and just found a doctor at the end of October. I'm going to ask her about some of my TTC questions at my annual appointment, which I need to schedule. I'm still debating if I want to see my family doctor for that or if I should schedule with a specific OB/GYNO for my annual because of my TTC concerns.

Thanks for the tips about the progesterone. I didn't really want to start using it w/out doctor advice I just wondered if anyone has or if it's a big deal. I'll see what my dr says when I do my next visit.

Catherine they say you can Ovulate anywhere from 12 - 48 hours after a +OPK. For many people they O the next day, but the only way to confirm is through temps. I often end up ovulating the day of a +OPK, but have ovulated as late as 3 days after a +OPK before. Depends on the person and the month

Thsnks for replying. Didnt bd last night as partner wasnt in the mood :-( dtd cd14, pos opk on cd15 and today is cd16 will try dtd today/tonight. Is that stillgood coverage? Ive not monitored ovulation before, Ive had increased ewcm the last couple days and cervix was higher than usual yesterday. Very slight twinges in stomach last night and today.

Cd7 this week starts the bd fun :happydance: I'm trying to be positive from cycle to cycle. This is month 5 trying after my last mc and I'm just ready to be pregnant again. About 7 more days until projected O date so fertile time frame starts in a few days. Fx'd

Thsnks for replying. Didnt bd last night as partner wasnt in the mood :-( dtd cd14, pos opk on cd15 and today is cd16 will try dtd today/tonight. Is that stillgood coverage? Ive not monitored ovulation before, Ive had increased ewcm the last couple days and cervix was higher than usual yesterday. Very slight twinges in stomach last night and today.

That sounds like good coverage. If you've still got EWcm then you are probably still fertile so keep up the BD! :)

Today is CD1 for me, so officially in my first cycle of trying, yay!

FXed for you too, Angelob, i'm envious of your regular ovulation timeline! Mine should be anytime Dec 13th onwards..
Catherine 896, my friend said she only DTD once 4 or 5 days before her O-date during the cycle she conceived, so looks like you are covered:thumbup: good luck!

Thanks, dtd today now too lol. When should I count as 1dpo? Got my positive opk yesterday. Not sure if today or tomorrow, FF app says Im in my luteal phase today but that ovulation was predicted as today too.

Ttc is so frustrating lol.

Hi ladies! Hope you are all having good weekends!!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. We are working on our inherited rental property. :/ My husband inherited a bunch of property when his grandmother died. We sold one house because we couldn't afford to keep the mortgage. The other is a cute little 1930s house on a river that she had been letting his drug addict uncle and his crazy gf live in. They TRASHED THE PLACE. Freakin' tweakers. . . . I mean, when we finally got the gf kicked out (uncle is in jail....lovely family...took 4 months to get it through probate) we got in and found out the crazy woman had destroyed this place. I mean we'd be better off dropping a match on it. LoL . But we have some friends who desperately want to rent it and have said they'd fix it up (help us fix it up) if we let them rent it. They're in a bad place right now, so we agreed. This weekend we've been working on the place. DH is working on fixing some of the wiring and repairing some floors and stuff, while my mom is helping me work on cleaning out and fixing up the bedrooms and stuff. We made some great progress, cleaned out a bunch of junk, ripped up carpets, found beautiful original hardwood floors under the carpets, and painted the walls. It's actually looking decent in the 3 rooms we worked in today. Still a long way to go but I'm happy. Exhausted, but I feel accomplished. :)

1nceUponATime My current doctor is my new doctor actually. My previous doctor retired at the end of August and I went to him in August concerned about my LP and hormones and he didnt' want to do anything until I'd been trying a year. I didn't have insurance for the month of September because of a job change and just found a doctor at the end of October. I'm going to ask her about some of my TTC questions at my annual appointment, which I need to schedule. I'm still debating if I want to see my family doctor for that or if I should schedule with a specific OB/GYNO for my annual because of my TTC concerns.

Thanks for the tips about the progesterone. I didn't really want to start using it w/out doctor advice I just wondered if anyone has or if it's a big deal. I'll see what my dr says when I do my next visit.

We just redid our kitchen not too long ago ourselves, and what a pain in the butt that was! Our house is a work in progress, and it really sucks to do the work yourself (like being without a kitchen for 3 months!)...but in the end it gives you such an amazing feeling....just being "I did this" is awesome and there are so many more things I know now after doing it than before...I feel really accomplished! I bet you guys will feel the same once its all cleaned up!

I've heard that progesterone suppositories won't do anything bad if you don't have a problem, but I'm not really too sure. I would try to schedule an appointment with an OBGYN or a Reproductive Endocrinologist if you can. Even my OBGYN really tried to help me but she could only take things so far...once I got to the RE, I felt like she was a genius because she just kind of had an answer for everything.

Catherine even if you BD 1 time, you still have a great chance! Just remember, only 1 sperm wins the race!

AFM, I went for my check today and I don't think there was any follicle growth yet, which is OK because last cycle at this time I had no measurable follicles yet....so I am still OK with things. My E2 result will come in later, but I am not expecting a big increase yet. I expect they will up the meds and have me come in Tues or Wed.

Hello to all those who joined the thread!

Catherine - If you BD'd in your fertile window, there is always a chance! Sounds today would be your last chance to try, since the egg only lives about a day, then you'll be in the two week wait. Good luck!:thumbup:

AFM - AF just ended! Fertile window will start on Thursday. I love when BD time lands on the weekends! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"