Decembers little darlings now in first tri

Yes my midwife said the same just don't gain.
My oh is also lovely and says I'm perfect, although I feel far from it haha.

Hi ladies! I had my NT scan yesterday! Everything went well, they were able to see the nasal bone and said baby had a beautiful profile. And the fluid on the neck measured 1.3 :thumbup: Had bloodwork today to test for more "fun" things and still waiting for MaterniT21 results.

I'm only 11w4d but baby was moving a lot and even had the hiccups while we were looking. It took a lot of time to get baby in the right position...they had me drink some water and walk around for a little bit and finally the little bean cooperated! And even at 11 weeks, it definitely looked like a baby! I go back to see them (perinatologist) in 5 weeks so that will probably be my next ultrasound.

Bundle...I am overweight as well. Luckily I lost almost 10 lbs a few months prior to getting pregnant because of stress and then I was sick for a week, but I think I'm close to gaining most of that back already :nope: I really really do not want to gain a large amount of weight. I'd like to only gain another 20 (max), but I really need to get better about what I'm eating sometimes. And walk more. I did buy a pregnancy yoga DVD but haven't even opened it yet :haha: The Dr hasn't said a word to me about my weight so I don't know if she is just waiting to see how quickly I'm gaining or if she isn't concerned yet because my other vitals are good and blood work has been good?

Hi Ladies,

Onetube, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss:( i hope everything goes smoothly with the D&C and you get a perfect healthy little bean soon!
Carribean i can't believe what a hassle and expense that is for you. So frustrating!

I have to say, I'm a little jealous of all you ladies. I'm glad everything's good and i don't have any complications but i only get one more scan at 20 weeks, unless they see something they want to monitor. I'm just so grateful for this Doppler. Found the baby again today and the heart rate is a little lower at 150-160. I think that's a great thing:) next doctor's appointment on February 19 th and then I'll feel comfortable telling friends and stuff. Anyone else getting closer to that point? How many weeks will you be when you're willing to tell the world?

Sweetpea: I have only had one scan. I see people getting scans all the time on these boards, but a lot of the time it's because of spotting, so I guess we have to be glad that we don't have to have lots of scans? :flower: My 12 week scan is going to be next Friday the 13th and that's when I'll tell more of my family & friends. Don't think I'm doing a pregnancy announcement on facebook or anything. I'm really nervous about it already. Obviously scared of mmc. I've had no spotting or cramping, and still have all my symptoms (not that it means anything!)

Bundle: I'm not overweight. Well, I wasn't when I fell pregnant! I've already put on 4kg, which is 8ibs. I'm freaking out about it! I was a regular exerciser up until my BFP. I have just started walking every day for this past week now that I'm feeling better. After 12 weeks I'm going to start going to the gym again, and hopefully I can gain my weight a bit slower.

Aww sweetpea I wouldn't of had extra but a bad mmc at 18 weeks due to placenta abruption they want to keep a close eye this time.
Buffy I felt good when I got weighed after my scan and i was the same weight but i really can't afford to gain :( hopefully now I can gym and swim I will be ok

I had my NT scan today. Everything was great, I just have to wait for the bloodwork comparison report to know the details.

Here is my little bean :)

https://oi61.tinypic.com/n1sal1.jpg

OMG Caribbean your baby is adorableeeee eeeee!!!! :)
So, I was wondering what happens over here in terms of the nt scan. Do they tell us measurements of the fluid and the possibility of problems such as downs at the scan, or do we just get to see the baby and then we find out at the rest at our dr appointment afterwards?
Also they told me I don't need to drink water before this scan, but having a big tummy I'm wondering if maybe I should?

I have to go back tomorrow and pick up my report and pics. I only have that slightly blurry pic because my daughter quickly snapped it when the sonographer and I both left the room for me to empty my bladder. I have a tummy too but was told to drink 500ml but perhaps your machine is different?

OMG Caribbean your baby is adorableeeee eeeee!!!! :)
So, I was wondering what happens over here in terms of the nt scan. Do they tell us measurements of the fluid and the possibility of problems such as downs at the scan, or do we just get to see the baby and then we find out at the rest at our dr appointment afterwards?
Also they told me I don't need to drink water before this scan, but having a big tummy I'm wondering if maybe I should?

It must depend on the machine. I was only 11w3d at my NT scan and they mentioned nothing about drinking, in fact she asked me to go to the bathroom before they started. And I have a belly as well but she saw everything she needed to. She pushed pretty hard in some spots, I was a little tender the next day if I pushed on it, but its fine now.

Also, I'm in the US, but they did tell me right there the fluid measurement and said they saw a good nasal bone and everything looked good on ultrasound. Then of course they will update on the blood results when they come in.

I had my NT scan today. Everything was great, I just have to wait for the bloodwork comparison report to know the details.

Here is my little bean :)

https://oi61.tinypic.com/n1sal1.jpg

Adorable baby! :cloud9:

Cute baby Caribbean!! God, I hope that's what I see when I go for my scan. So stressed about it!

Lala- my doctor said I go for my scan, then blood is 1 week after that, and results 2 weeks after that. That seemed crazy to me, but I had my appointment last night and that's what he has told me.

Caribbean that's amazing!! I can't believe how much it looks like a baby already! Wow!
I wasn't offered a NT scan, I'm not even sure what that is. I'm very young so they aren't worried about complications really and if I want to test for down syndrome, we do a blood test first and then I think a scan if the blood test comes back positive. I don't think I'll do the blood test though. Less stress is better for me!

Cute baby Caribbean!! God, I hope that's what I see when I go for my scan. So stressed about it!

Lala- my doctor said I go for my scan, then blood is 1 week after that, and results 2 weeks after that. That seemed crazy to me, but I had my appointment last night and that's what he has told me.

Weird, I had to do the blood test one week before hand. Strange how it's total opposites!

I'll add another weird one...I had my scan and needed to do bloodwork within 48 hours!

U guys talking about blood work for nt stuff? I had mine straight after the scan whilst at hospital, takes 2 weeks tops to come back but if anything is wrong they call within 3 days and chat about amnio

Got my NT scan results back. Now I can relax and enjoy!

https://i61.tinypic.com/30acbvp.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->