Decembers little darlings now in first tri

Thanks Buffy! Yeh I know the idea of having a fb announcement is freaking me out. I feel like we've told our close friends... So why are we bothering? You know?

Oh Caribbean I feel for you, those long flights sound horrendous!! Are you going to be over there for long?

That's exactly how I feel. I've told my immediate family, and I'll be calling all my close friends and whatnot. I dunno..I think my sister might put something on Facebook though. Then everyone will know anyway. I don't mind if she does it. I just don't think I'll be doing one myself.

OMG Caribbean... so so brutal... :hugs: Thinking of you today Lala! :thumbup:

Saw the kiddos again this morning... they are so "big"! and were NOT cooperating to get their picture taken today :haha: One was doing head spins and the other has this jumping jack thing (was doing it last time too)... those would be our wild children. I tried to attach pics so hopefully this works! Did my bloodwork for genetic testing too--nervous about those results in a few days--and we find out their genders March 23rd! I still think one of each, though their heads looked to be shaped differently on the live ultrasound but now that I'm looking at these still pics, I am not so sure.

Attachments

• WIN_20150209_111418.jpg
    WIN_20150209_111418.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 5
  • WIN_20150209_111432.jpg
    WIN_20150209_111432.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 4
Oh my gosh praying they are so cute! Hehe your crazy kids already. Good luck with your bloodwork, when will you get the results?

Does anyone else just get amazed when they see the ultrasounds that the baby is inside of you? I know it sounds silly but I still don't feel like it's real. That there is a little BABY, a little PERSON with its own heartbeat, living inside of me. I don't know if it will feel real until I can feel them moving to be honest :haha:

I'm always sooo amazed... maybe more so amazed at how much they move and I can't feel them yet. Sometimes I just forget that it's all going on and it's so surreal when they stick that thing on your tummy, and poof! Little humans appear! :happydance:

They said 3-5 days for the bloodwork :wacko:

Even more amazing with you praying, being 2 little ones in there!! Ahhhh still so jealous that you have twins!! Hubby and I were both a little sad when they only found 1 on our first scan, lol. Just because it took us 3 years, I'm a twin (1 in 17 chance of having twins) and we figured we could have the 2 and not have to worry about TTC again. Also I love being a twin :haha:
Gah, longest 3-5 days ever! I don't know when I will find out my nt results, they will tell me how long I will have to wait when I have my scan today, 6 hours away. Dh has already asked me to use the doppler this morning so he won't be sitting around super anxious all morning (he will still be anxious. He gets so anxious and vomits a whole bunch before scans and appointments. You would think that it's him who has the morning sickness :haha:)

Good luck lala!

My doctor said I'll get my results of the NT scan 2 weeks after.

I still definitely don't feel like there's a baby in there, even when I had my first scan. I mean, it just looked like a blob then. Maybe if it actually looks like a baby when I have my next scan then I'll think differently?!

I have the worst headache today. Had to call in sick to work today - first time this pregnancy. It's my 3rd day of this headache and it's killing me. Then this morning my cat broke his toe and he has to have it amputated (see ya later $750) so I'm feeling stressed about that. Then when I got home from the vet I vomited everything up that I've eaten this morning.

Just feeling crap. Sorry for the negative post.

Aw Buffy :hugs: it's ok sometimes you need to vent. Sorry you have a bad headache- pregnancy headaches a re awful, and panadol is useless. Wow so much money for your cat's toe. How did he break it?? How do you think your cat will be with the baby? Out cat is very, very protective of me and attacks my husband, so we have to re home him before baby arrives, it is too much of a risk. It makes me cry. At least our dog is amazing.

He was sitting up on our surfboard rack which is beside our bathroom window. The dogs next door must have seen/heard him up there and started barking. I think he panicked and fell/jumped and on the way down, his foot got caught in our fly screen window and it ripped his toe and twisted it around the wrong way & the bone was poking through. He was crying heaps and with the dogs barking next door, we woke up to find him still stuck in the fly screen. It is a lot of money and my husband doesn't particularly like cats so he was reluctant to pay that money, but it was awful and we can't leave him like that.

He will be fine when a baby comes. Although hubby doesn't like cats (his family cat is INSANE) he actually always says that our cat is good for a cat! I have agreed we won't get another one when he passes. He's only 2 though!

We also have 2 dogs which 98% of the time live outside but they are gentle and loving, amazing dogs!! Our staffy might get a little jealous because he's super needy, but I think he will be ok :) I couldn't imagine having to re home any of my babies.

Looking forward to hearing about your scan soon lala.

Also as if my day couldnt get any worse, I've been bitten by a spider now! Ugh.

Looking forward to hearing about your scan soon lala.

Also as if my day couldnt get any worse, I've been bitten by a spider now! Ugh.

Ah the joys of living in Australia! Haha sorry it's just so typical! Hope you're okay. Your poor cat! Haha I have a staffy x shar pei, he is the best dog in the world. When we are inside, he is inside, when we aren't home he is outside. He is so great, my stupid mean cat picks on him all the time and my dog just sits there and takes it haha

Scan went well today!! I'm glad I took the whole day off because it was so busy, it took HOURS! Crazy.
Baby was wiggling around soooo much it was amazing to watch :) oh and I got my results on my papers right afterwards and I'm low risk yay :) will try to attach a pic. Baby was moving so much that the tech was having a hard time getting good photos haha.

Awww I tried to attach a pic and it says the file is too large?? :(

I cropped it so it fit now :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 3
Awwwww!! So amazing!!! I'm glad all went well.

I have a staffy x as well :) But he is cross with a kelpie, so he's pretty insane haha. I also have a German Shepherd, and have been looking after my brother in laws shepherd as well. It would be way too insane to have all of those animals inside!! Lol
The staffy sleeps on the bed when we look after the German shepherd.

Omg I can't believe how excitable a staffy kelpie cross would be!!!

Hi ladies,

Great baby pic LaLa, glad everything went well.

I've been a bit MIA. Caught a cold from one of my lovely students (ok...a student that I go to her house to work with 2 hours a week and last time I went she was soooo sick and had snot all over the place that she promptly kept wiping her face and then grabbing me with her snotty hands. Seriously, parents...don't infect other people. I'm so annoyed with her for not cancelling.) I ended up staying home from work yesterday to rest. Feeling better today, but still a little congested and coughing since I can't really take anything.

All seems to be well on my end. I have my monthly doctor appointment tomorrow. I think I'm going alone as my boyfriend has work and I feel bad making my mom drive almost an hour to meet me. I'm pretty sure nothing extra exciting is happening so its not like anyone will be missing anything. I'm waiting for the results of my 2 blood tests (from the NT scan and the Materniti21)...should get the NT bloodwork this week. The other probably not until early next week.

I have a 6 year old goldendoodle (golden retriever/standard poodle mix). He's adorable and loves me and those closest to me, but he hates strangers coming into the house and he doesn't have a lot of patience. If he's ready to go out back, he expects to go right then. I'm planning on getting a trainer soon to come to the house to help me work with him because I'm terrified he will think the baby is a stranger and not warm up to it. He's the weirdest dog, some things he is so chill about and others he goes insane.

Got my Materniti21 results! Completely unexpectedly early as she told me 10 days to 2 weeks and it's been just a week!

Great news!

All negative for the trisomies and It's a GIRL!!! I knew it!

Yay Wonders!!! You called that for sure! :thumbup:

What a cutie Lala, so so glad all went well for you! :flower:

Buffy- Hope you are having a better day today and your headache is gone. So sorry about your kitty's toe... yikes.

Yay Wonders!!! So excited for you and your little pink bundle:) Glad to hear she's healthy as well!! Have you thought of any girl names yet?

Also congrats to Lala and praying for the awesome scans! It's amazing to see how big and baby-like these babes are becoming!

Buffy, I'm sorry you have a rough day yesterday, hope today is better for you!!
I have an awesome orange cat named Sharkbait and an American Bulldog X named Mongo. He's just turned 6 months and he's an amazing dog. He mostly stays outside and when he's in with us he kind of stays in designated areas. I'm not worried about him with the baby at all cuz I'll always be there to keep an eye on them or he'll be outside! I am a little nervous about the cat cuz he's so curious I could see him getting all up in the baby's face or trying to jump in the bassinet and crib. He never scratches though which is great!

AFM - It was all a lie! My temporary "better" feeling was basically an evil trick to lull me into a false sense of security. Been feeling crap the last few days. Luckily, it's kind of turning into a pattern where I feel pretty decent in the morning and then it progressively goes downhill until bedtime. This is good for working but bad for cleaning house and cooking dinners. Poor hubby:( How's everyone else's MS going? Anyone starting to feel better approaching 2nd tri?

Wonders: congratulations!! That is such exciting news. If your intuition was right, I wonder if mine is :haha:

Sweetpea: my m/s started getting better around 9 weeks, as in, just not every single day. The past two days I've vomited and had a headache but before that I had a couple of days of feeling good. I have a constant "yucky" feeling all day and don't feel 100% right. I think that still might count as morning sickness?! I don't know. I hope it gets better for you soon!! Also sharkbait is such a funny name! How did you come up with that?! Lol
My cat is Zeus, and my staffy is Odin. My shepherd is Buffy :flower:

I woke up today feeling much better, thanks guys! Hopefully I can get through work today without that sneaky headache coming back to get me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->