DH works away? Not around for fertile time? ^Team Immaculate Conception^

Having a bad day today :( OH's work schedule is wonky for the next few months and if my cycle continues as is then we won't be able to try until after Christmas for sure. I got a high on my monitor today, right on time, so I don't think that Ferilaid will delay ovulation. My only hope is that it extends my LP which will change my cycle a bit.
I hate that the one thing I want more than anything in the world is the one thing I have no control over. It's starting to get too hard to handle :(

Oh Jodi :hugs: that sucks.

Why don't you try a few days on BCP to extend your LP this month? That might give you a shot next month (if the timing is totally out this month).

I stopped BCP Tuesday and got AF Saturday, seems like a normal AF to me, that was on combined BCP, when I did it with mini BCP AF followed 3 days after stopping, I don't think anything that dire will happen if you give it a go?

I'd have to see my doc to get a perscription, not sure if he's think it was a good idea of not. Either way I won't get an appointment until about a months time.
I've talked myself off the ledge again for now. This whole ttc business is quite a roller coaster.

I'm sorry Jodi :(
Well my 2nd round of Clomid didn't do the trick, onto the third. DH's job this week is to try to get FMLA so when I ovulate next week he has a way of being home!

I'm sorry Jodi :(
Well my 2nd round of Clomid didn't do the trick, onto the third. DH's job this week is to try to get FMLA so when I ovulate next week he has a way of being home!

Hopefully 3rd times a charm!!!

:hug: Jodi. I think all of us know how you feel.
NS, my cycle was crazy after coming off the BCP. I am pretty sure it was a combo of hormones. Does that make it different from the mini?
Fingers crossed for BDing this month and good luck after all the trouble I went to trying to schedule being home for ovulation. Still don't know when it will be. Stupid Labor Day made it hard for me to be off. Junior flight attendants work holidays. Boo! I can't believe I'm still junior after 13 years!

The minipill only has progesterone and combined has both progesterone and estrogen, I THINK that is why there is such a narrow margin for error with the minipill, and women do fall pregnant more from missing one.

This month I only took the pill for a few days but in the case of the COMBINED pill it took 4 days for it to clear out my system before AF arrived, the time I moved my cycle with minipill it was more like 2 days so there must be less active ingredients in minipill.

Hopefully that was not enough to stuff up my cycle this month, it's worth the risk though as my OH has fixed shifts for the next 2 cycles so if I did nothing then that is 2 months where we would be out..I'm never using EPO again it just totally stuffed my cycle.

For sure we are all feeling the stress of not being able to time BD around O, it's crap, and I think we all need a really strong margarita!

There is also a possibility that I will be away in October with work so I need my timing spot on so I can be home in time for O.....

Well ladies, I may have a slim chance of coonceiving after all this cycle. I got my first peak yesterday, along with a positive opk. OH managed to talk his boss into letting him fly home a few days early. He gets home around 5 am tomorrow morning. My first month on the monitor I didn't ovulate until the day after my 2nd peak. Not sure about last cycle b/c I am missing an important temp. Even if I ovulate today there is that slim 12-24 hour window in which the egg survives. We are at least going to give it a shot!!

Good luck Jodie, hoping that it all works out with the timing for you.

AFM OH is home, KO'd by a migraine, but I'm not stressing too much as no line on my OPK yet, hopefully he'll be fit action tomorrow....

GL Jodi! I'm thinking of you. Hope you and your hubs catch that egg. Hugs!!

Where is everyone?!

Miss you girls. Hoping all is well. Hubby is traveling this week and missed our appointment yesterday, which was a bummer. But back again tomorrow. I didn't even consider how I would feel with him traveling after we got pregnant. Granted, it was so hard to actually get here, but now I wish he'd stop traveling even more. :/

Anyway, just wishing you all the best. I know you all will be joining soon. I am thinking of you every day. :flower:

Thanks love, OH went back to work today and I'm still waiting to O:cry:

I took BCP last cycle to try and align my dates with his again, and it's messed up my cycle, so I'm a bit over this whole TTC business, everything I do to give us a shot seems to backfire on me.

Funny you should say about DH being away whilst your pregnant, I hanve't even thought of that either, because actually getting pg is proving such a challenge.:nope: but glad to hear all is going well with your pregnancy:hugs:

I know how you feel HoldOnToHope! My husband is currently working 4 weeks away and coming home for 2 weeks.. he is going to do this until the baby is born. It was terrible trying to conceive but now that I'm really pregnant and need help it is even worse!

NS, I'm so sorry things are difficult right now. I am praying for you all. Hopefully when you O he will be able to be there. If you are having wonky cycles from bcp or just in general, you might want to pick up some moonstone. I know it sounds quirky but I feel it had a great impact on me O when I did and conceiving. :shrug: I have a thread a started a while back and 7 BFPs so far. Who knows, but I think there might be something to it. :hugs:

cajunbabe, UGH! It's rough. I wouldn't trade it for the world, but it doesn't make it any easier when he is away so much. He told me a few weeks back that January his schedule changes and he's away even more! I lost it, of course. But hopefully by March things will slow down he said, and he's told his company that he cannot travel form the last week in March through the end of April for the baby, so PHEW! I feel selfish, but I just want him here to rub my belly and help me feel better.

Hello ladies, feeling rather hopeless I have to admit. Did manage to cover bases this month but no symptoms so far so not hopeful at all. Then need to decide what to do about next 3 months as I will have to take a £400 flight each month :(

In Sept the BF has his SA on 22nd and O will likely be 30th or 1st Oct - so do I wait for results (which may not come in til after O) or just go for it anyway and possibly waste £400 that I don't have? :nope:

Cheers babe, it was the BCP I took at the end of last cycle that stuffed up this one, as I needed to delay AF so I could O whilst my OH was home, and it took longer to wear off than I would have liked, my cycles are pretty regular 27 days, but don't seem to line up with OH 14 days at home.:wacko: feels like the story of my life since TTC.

Good news is I finally O'd last night, he went back to work yesterday morning but we got in a final BD before he left :thumbup:

It must be tough having your partner away whilst pregnant too girls, my dad was away working a lot whilst we were growing up, I guess I'm used to it to a certain extent because my dad was not there half the time and for us it was normal, so your kids will adjust to it no probs.:hugs::hugs:

Hello ladies, feeling rather hopeless I have to admit. Did manage to cover bases this month but no symptoms so far so not hopeful at all. Then need to decide what to do about next 3 months as I will have to take a £400 flight each month :(

In Sept the BF has his SA on 22nd and O will likely be 30th or 1st Oct - so do I wait for results (which may not come in til after O) or just go for it anyway and possibly waste £400 that I don't have? :nope:

Tough one babe, the general advice is to assume that SA is normal until proven otherwise I think.

I take it you would go home for christmas anyway, so December you will def fly anyway, I would tend to split the difference and fly back in end of October and then December and then that's only one extra flight to find the £££s for. But then that's 2 non TTC cycles :nope:

Don't worry about lack of symptoms, when I got pregnant I had no symptoms at all first few weeks :hugs: even less than in a normal AF month.

Thanks I think that makes sense NS to just fly back in Oct but like you say I don't know if I can bear to waste 2 cycles when I have so few left :(

Maybe I'll really try and push the BF to come out here the other cycles.

:hugs::hugs:

Well I think that is fair that he takes some of the hit for this, because this is something you are doing together. So if you travel twice and he travels twice that sounds like a plan, you had good timing this month though so FX.

Also, I know this isn't your priority, but it will be nice you to come home the middle month and enjoy being back in the UK even for a few days, I know my friends who live in a similar place to you are always keen to come back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->