DH works away? Not around for fertile time? ^Team Immaculate Conception^

H2H!!!!!!! Can't believe it! Congrats!!!!!!!! :happydance: :bfp: :yellow: :yipee: :wohoo: :baby:

THANK YOU!!! We are ecstatic. :) Goes to show you that things line up just right when needed. Remember my hubby was away and it was tough getting him back but it seems to have been the p-e-r-f-e-c-t night for him to have made the commute. :winkwink:

How are you ladies doing?

My OH is home at the moment, seems like I will O tonight so I'l be making sure we DTD later today. Would've managed one this morning but he had to go and see a family member who is having a crisis unfortunate timing but not unusual in his family:dohh:

I'm doing really wonderfully, though a nervous nelly! :)

I am glad the OH is home! That is wonderful news. FX big time for you NS!

Thanks Hope, yeah I'm happy as my temp rise occurred this morning, this is the best timing we have probably managed since we started TTC over 3 months ago.

Not much else going on, I had my girls night out Saturday night, it was great, and I'm continuing to focus on increasing my physical fitness.

It's such a relief once O occurs not to have to stress about OH being there to DTD - does everyone else feel this way too?

I'm trying very hard not to stress this month when BF is away and there is no chance - it feels like every month must count at my age but there is nothing I can do about it so I just have to get on with it I spose and pull out the big guns in September!

Thanks Hope, yeah I'm happy as my temp rise occurred this morning, this is the best timing we have probably managed since we started TTC over 3 months ago.

Not much else going on, I had my girls night out Saturday night, it was great, and I'm continuing to focus on increasing my physical fitness.

It's such a relief once O occurs not to have to stress about OH being there to DTD - does everyone else feel this way too?

NS, I felt that way 100%! It was always my absolute WORST part of the month-- the waiting to O. After O, I would be able to breathe again!

So excited you got your temp rise! I have a good feeling about it for you! :thumbup:

I'm trying very hard not to stress this month when BF is away and there is no chance - it feels like every month must count at my age but there is nothing I can do about it so I just have to get on with it I spose and pull out the big guns in September!

Unfortunately if BF is not there there is no "natural" way around it more's the pity, did you end up researching a bit more on the treatment side of it, Skye2010 is great, she has tons of knowledge on that, which she posts a lot about on the other thread.

Maybe this month could be your factfinding month then you will at least feel like you're being proactive and it's not entirely a waste? It's tough though, I know what you mean :hugs: once you've made the decision to try for a baby you want to get on with it.

HoldOn2Hope, when is your first scan, that is really exciting! Thanks for your wishes, yes this month we have got the timing down probably better than any previous month so one hand I'm hopeful, but on the other hand I was still taking EPO to delay O so I'm a bit worried about that:dohh: aaargh it's all so complicated.

Too true, NS. I need to keep going on the researching - you are right it will keep me busy this month. I just really need to decide if I can afford the IVF and weigh that with the chances of whether it will work or not and if BF is still up for it if I use donor eggs. Also it will mean I have to tell my mum about the whole ttc thing which is something I have been trying to avoid.

I think right now I want to throw everything at it naturally until I know if there is a problem or not - need to book my appt with the doc next week for results of day 3 bloods then hope I can push through quickly with the HSG and lap& Dye if I can before heading back overseas, chances are a bit slim on that though I think as i only have about 6 weeks left. Maybe I can leave it until next year to do the IVF - if I am using donor eggs anyway then I don't think my chances go down with age too much anyway...

x

Too true, NS. I need to keep going on the researching - you are right it will keep me busy this month. I just really need to decide if I can afford the IVF and weigh that with the chances of whether it will work or not and if BF is still up for it if I use donor eggs. Also it will mean I have to tell my mum about the whole ttc thing which is something I have been trying to avoid.

I think right now I want to throw everything at it naturally until I know if there is a problem or not - need to book my appt with the doc next week for results of day 3 bloods then hope I can push through quickly with the HSG and lap& Dye if I can before heading back overseas, chances are a bit slim on that though I think as i only have about 6 weeks left. Maybe I can leave it until next year to do the IVF - if I am using donor eggs anyway then I don't think my chances go down with age too much anyway...

x

Totally understand that you want to give natural conception a good chance, for sure that is kinder on your body as well, it's just logistically challenging in all our cases. Maybe you don't have to tell your mum everything just yet, perhaps you could drop hints that you had cycle irregularity or menstrual probs, and so she would think that this was the reason for coming back for testing/treatment etc?

I would not want to tell my mum at this stage either, completely understand that.

still waiting to O... this is probably the worst part of the cycle. I hope DH is around in a few days when I need him! This is my 2nd cycle on Clomid. Last cycle I ovulated on CD17, so I'm getting close. Too much stress!!!

still waiting to O... this is probably the worst part of the cycle. I hope DH is around in a few days when I need him! This is my 2nd cycle on Clomid. Last cycle I ovulated on CD17, so I'm getting close. Too much stress!!!

This is DEFINITELY the worst bit, totally agree with that, cos you're all stressing about him getting home in time to DTD.:wacko:

FX for you that DH gets home soon - is he on exercise, do you know for sure when he's home?

This is DEFINITELY the worst bit, totally agree with that, cos you're all stressing about him getting home in time to DTD.:wacko:

FX for you that DH gets home soon - is he on exercise, do you know for sure when he's home?

his duty days are random (no schedule, so he's pretty much always on call) and when he's gone, he's gone 2-3 days at a clip. Hopefully he'll be home tomorrow.

OK he should be in time to catch the egg then, FX for you.

HoldOn2Hope, when is your first scan, that is really exciting! Thanks for your wishes, yes this month we have got the timing down probably better than any previous month so one hand I'm hopeful, but on the other hand I was still taking EPO to delay O so I'm a bit worried about that:dohh: aaargh it's all so complicated.

It is so complicated! You'll catch it though. I just know it. :flower:

My first prenatal appointment is Monday! Woohoo! :happydance: I'm pretty excited and nervous all at the same time. Just want the :thumbup: that everything is perfect. Fingers and toes crossed.

Hey ladies! I've been away enjoying my summer break and haven't been online much. I've been slack with the temping so I've changed FF settings to opk/monitor which puts me at 5 dpo but I think it's probably 4 dpo. I've been a lot more relaxed this cycle. Hopefully between the hsg and relaxation my body will work magic! Our BD timing was right on, now we wait. I am NOT testing too early. OH leaves to go back to work @ 10dpo, if I'm feeling lucky I may test before he leaves. Doesn't look good for him being home next cycle so keep your fingers crossed for me!

good luck Jodi I hope this is it :) I'm about to O and I don't think our timing is going to be anywhere near close this cycle - boo :( I hate wasting the Clomid now I only have 4 more cycles after this :(

I'm sorry to post this here, but I need advice. I am on CD13 and I feel like I am probably going to ovulate on Saturday since my OPKs were negative tonight... I wouldn't be so stressed out about this if I wasn't on Clomid.

I don't know what to do... DH has to decide in less than 2 hours if he is going to call off sick for tomorrow. I had a tiny bit of EWCM. OPK was definitely negative (I did a digital to make sure it wasn't the cheap ones giving me a fit) Oh my goodness I so needed that to be positive tonight. Now I'm questioning if my cervix is as soft and high up as I thought it was earlier. Ugh, I hate this! He could call off sick, but he only gets 1 day/month so if this isn't it, we're screwed. I wish we could wait and decide in the morning, maybe my OPK will be positive first thing in the morning when I test. I know I am close to Oing, I just don't know how close. If he goes to work in the morning, he wouldn't be back until Sunday and I feel like by then, I will definitely O since I feel like I am about it. I haven't really had any cramps though. Maybe this is all in my head? I didn't ovulate until CD17 last cycle so that won't be until Monday. Oh my goodness if anyone can help me that would be awesome!

I'm sorry to post this here, but I need advice. I am on CD13 and I feel like I am probably going to ovulate on Saturday since my OPKs were negative tonight... I wouldn't be so stressed out about this if I wasn't on Clomid.

I don't know what to do... DH has to decide in less than 2 hours if he is going to call off sick for tomorrow. I had a tiny bit of EWCM. OPK was definitely negative (I did a digital to make sure it wasn't the cheap ones giving me a fit) Oh my goodness I so needed that to be positive tonight. Now I'm questioning if my cervix is as soft and high up as I thought it was earlier. Ugh, I hate this! He could call off sick, but he only gets 1 day/month so if this isn't it, we're screwed. I wish we could wait and decide in the morning, maybe my OPK will be positive first thing in the morning when I test. I know I am close to Oing, I just don't know how close. If he goes to work in the morning, he wouldn't be back until Sunday and I feel like by then, I will definitely O since I feel like I am about it. I haven't really had any cramps though. Maybe this is all in my head? I didn't ovulate until CD17 last cycle so that won't be until Monday. Oh my goodness if anyone can help me that would be awesome!

Pineapple Rock what did you end up doing? I've not tried Clomid so I wasn't sure what I would do, I know I'd get about 4-6 days of EWCM, so from my experience you might not O til Monday, but Clomid might change this? It's horrible trying to make that decision and then hope your body co-operates I think we've all been there where we are grinding our teeth in frustration - and most of the other ladies on this forum would have no idea what this is like.

Jodi great to hear you are realxed and taking it easy, and got you BD timinig right on, that's a great feeling, and FX this is your month.

HoldOn2Hope, that is exciting to have your first appointment, hope the rest of us will be joining you soon.

AFM, 5 DPO and my temp was low this morning, maybe because we were painting and slept with the windows open (summer here is not hot by US standards, a nice day would be 20C)and woke up cold or if it means that an early AF is coming, wish I hadn't had to take EPO to delay O, it stuffs up my LP so much.

Am ready to start taking mini BCP to to delay AF and give us a shot next month and month after, but I don't want to start it too soon :wacko:

Yes, what did you decide? I would agree with NS, particularly if you are getting neg OPKs right now. For me I get 2 days of highs on the IC's and then O the day after so just from my own experience I would say you should be OK until Sunday and even then the egg can live for 4-12 hours so that might stretch far enough for DH to get back. Even if you BD just before he left and then you O on Sunday then you are still in with a chance as sperm can hang around for 3-4 days apparently so i hope you are not too stressed and managed to sort it out :hugs:

Jodi, sounds like your timing was good this month so FX for a BFP and HO2H very exciting that you have your first appointment :happydance:

NS often see early dips in charts about that time so don't stress too much either :hugs:

Thanks Butterfly well I saw a telltale sign of AF approaching about 20 minutes ago so I straight away took a minipill, I might be totally paranoid here but what I need to avoid at all costs is an early AF and then having to take EPO again next month, it's just stuffing everything up.

Another 2 months of this and I've decided to start exploring treatment, it is just proving too hard with the timinig and I feel like I'm wrecking my cycle with the EPO and the BCP.

Thanks Butterfly well I saw a telltale sign of AF approaching about 20 minutes ago so I straight away took a minipill, I might be totally paranoid here but what I need to avoid at all costs is an early AF and then having to take EPO again next month, it's just stuffing everything up.

Another 2 months of this and I've decided to start exploring treatment, it is just proving too hard with the timinig and I feel like I'm wrecking my cycle with the EPO and the BCP.

NS, just a thought but what if you were pg and you took the minipill - does that matter?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->