Do they need snacks?

JenX

Reaction score
My LO is a couple of weeks past her first birthday. She's on three meals a day plus breastfeeds on demand day and night. Should I be giving her snacks too? A friend mentioned toddlers snack all the time and now that I think about it, most toddlers I see have some kind of trail of crumbs or food coming from them most of the time.

My son is 11 months and he doesn't always have a snack,he's on 3 meals a day and 3 bottles

My son is 2 in a few days and of we go out I tend to take a snack for him like raisins or a banana or a biscuit. If were at home though he doesn't tend to snack. He's on 3 full meals a day and this has been the way since he was about 10 months old.

My DS is 12 months old and he has a bottle at 7.30am, breakfast at 8am, lunch at 12pm, dinner at 5.30pm then a bottle before bed at 7.30pm. If we are out and about he will snack on fruit, raisens or rice cakes but doesn't tend to have snacks at home.

We probably only just started having an afternoon snack around 13 months, usually also with a cup of cow's milk (so it's like a milk feed and solids together). If you are still BF regularly during the day, you might find your LO doesn't want a snack yet. For us, it's more the cure for the afternoon grumps! And as we do cow's milk, it's actually easier than carting around some milk all day if we're out to just have some rice cakes.

I've always offered them. If they accept them and it doesn't put them off their meals, I take that as a good thing. If they don't get eaten it doesn't matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->