Do you and your SO still exhange gifts since having kids?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a £50 budget for each other including something from DS. But tbh it could be done for much less our logic for £50 was it's enough to buy a t-shirt or jumper and a couple of little bits, I've seen a bar of chocolate wrapped up to avoid busting the budget.
I think kids would find it odd if there was nothing for mum or dad. It's also fun to have a few things of your own to open.

We still buy, but I can see why others dont!

Yes we do. Although last year OH got a PS4 early and no actual presents on Christmas Day and he's moaned about it all year. This year I've already got him around 10 things stashed away (just small things I know he'll like).

We do but this year we are doing a light Christmas for the two of us because we want to save money to go to Vegas in March. We always do stockings for each other so we will do that but only a few other smaller things I think.

Yeah we do. Last year I spent about £700 on OH so cutting back this year. Hoping for about £250.

This is mine and OH's first Christmas so of course we'll be buying for each other (set a £50 limit), I'd feel well sad not to! Even FOB and I still gift each other :lol:

We still do, and we spend more on each other than on our son. That will change as he gets older, of course, but right now he doesn't want much or understand the concept of asking for things, whereas me and OH like to spoil each other. My OH is fantastic with getting presents for me, I like old, vintage things (clue's in the name :haha:) and he finds the most amazing bits and pieces, so I would miss that if he stopped :haha:. And I like seeing his face when he opens his presents, just as much as I do my son's. We don't do valentines, mother's day, father's day or anniversary presents, and don't spend much on birthdays, so Christmas is our time to treat each other and we save up all year for it. I can completely understand why others don't though, Christmas can be very expensive so there's no point adding to the stress with an unnecessary financial burden if you don't feel a need to.

We buy for each other. We normally just have a small 'challenge' budget...this year its £25. I try to get him something thoughtful rather than spoiling him. His birthday is in January so he gets more then..... Big ticket items then lol. This year he's getting cufflinks and a book he's been after for ages.

We do the same as this. We are spending £20 on each other this year. We will both have a few small gifts and that's enough :D

We buy each other presents, I'd feel sad if we stopped TBH. Last year I didn't have a lot of money so a made him a new phone case and a cover for his portable amp.
This year I've got him a tiger onesie to match Micah's! And a belt and I'll get more as I see it.

We still buy for each other, but that is more me keeping it going than my husband. He never know's what to get me, so I have to make it very clear. He always says he doesn't want anything, but I love buying gifts for him , more than receiving them myself. This year I've bought him the 24 season 9 & The Following box set, some perfume, lots of boxer shorts, ipod shuffle & two gift sets - lynx and Gillette.

Awww all your gifts sound awesome! I hope my post didn't make it seem like I'm judging people who do give gifts :blush: If hubby and I had the money, we'd be doing the same ha ha! :mrgreen:

We do stockings, although hubby is kind of crap at it and I tend to not get anything in my stocking. :haha: I don't do much, maybe a flavour of tea he likes, little odds and ends of things. Main thing for me is that Claire has a great day, and when the burden of buying all the gifts are off us I tend to surprise him with something (and him me) throughout the year. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"