Does Anyone Else Not Test Early? JOIN US (12 BFP So Far!)

flamingpanda

Reaction score
https://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f276/lupin84/keepcalm.jpg

When I first posted this thread I never expected the response I got. Thank you to all for making this thread what it is. Do you get disappointed by early testing and BFNs? Then you are in good company. Come say hello and tell us a bit about yourself and join our little support group - don't be a POAS addict!

We only have two rules around here. The first is don't test before AF is due. If you break that rule, and you likely will at some point ;), then we ask that if you pee on something you post a picture of the result.​

BFP Announcements

01. Elhaym [:bfp: January 14th 2012]
02. carlyjade86 [:bfp: February 18th 2012]
03. flamingpanda [:bfp: February 19th 2012]
04. pinkribbon [:bfp: March 12th 2012]
05. 28329 [:bfp: April 5th 2012] Many hugs to you on the loss of your little angel.
06. AllieIA [:bfp: April 29th 2012]
07. Impet Limpet [:bfp: May 6th 2012]
08. iow_bird [:bfp: Jun 2nd 2012]
09. justmeinlove [:bfp: June 27th 2012]
10. plastikpony [:bfp: July 23rd 2012]
11. nimbec [:bfp: July 27th 2012]
12. Andrea214 [:bfp: August 21st 2012]

I only included BFP announcements from ladies who announced in this thread. In actual fact there are many more that have used this thread at sometime and are now pregnant. If you feel you've been missed and would like to be added/have something changed just PM me (and include the date you got your BFP).

Reasons Not To Test

"No matter what symptoms you have, only a longer luteal phase is a good enough symptom to test!"
- Impet Limpet

"I think a good reason not to test is so you never suffer the heartache of a chemical if you don't know about it."

"Tests aren't cheap and If we get an early BFN we still pin all of our hopes on a BFP closer to/after when AF is due."
- starlight2801

"Unless you get an early, faint, bfp (which could be a chemical) how is the bfn result helping you? And if its a chemical bfp you're still no better off."
- AllieIA

"Save your money. Test when af is due or late. Put the extra money in a jar and see how much you have in there once you get your bfp."
- AllieIA

"Financial advisors talk about the 'latte' expense. Cutting out the $5 daily latte saves you $1820 a year...so imagine if you saved all that $$ for early tests. Vacation savings account bonus!"
- AllieIA

"For me it was simply just heartbreaking to see a negative test. The way I saw it - not testing wasn't going to make me any less pregnant but it would save me money and upset if I wasn't. I got my positive test when AF was 2 days late. I'd taken one at the start of that week (naughty I know) and it was a BFN. So a few days really can make all the difference to the result. Looking back I was always going to wind up pregnant with that second test but I could've saved myself £4 and a bad mood that day if I had just held off until the weekend."
- Flamingpanda

"If its going to be a bfn month best to find out via AF as you'll already be on your new cycle, lots of daily bfns will keep you waiting for af before you can move on"
- Impet Limpet

My Original Post

Just wondering. My partner was dead against me testing at the end of the month and he said we should just wait and see what happens so I don't get depressed if it's BFN. Only after I'm late can I test. I kind of see his point but I know as I get closer I'll feel really anxious to find out. Reading posts it seems like almost everyone tests early, anyone else not testing and waiting?

I did test before and was definately a POAS Addict! Now after so many BFN and failed months I wait till the day after I'm due.

I'm due either tuesday or wednesday so testing thursday.

Each to their own though. Good luck xx

Indeed, I'm sure if I didn't have my OH watching I'd be testing. :D Deep down I think he's right though. I tend to get spotting the day before my period so that's the first sign I'll get.

I tested early the first month we tried, and not again. It was really depressing and even if you get a BFN you're still thinking 'well MAYBE'!! Its just too much for me. Now I just wait until the day after AF is due. Haven't taken a single one yet! Sure saves quiet a bit of cash! Oh well, I'm due on Saturday, so I guess I'll test with FMU on Sunday if the :witch: doesn't arrive.

:haha: I'm fairly sure the cost was also on my partner's mind when he said no. :) He won't even let me buy them in for when the time comes because in his words "you won't be able to wait". Oh well at least he knows me.

My cycles have never been anything close to stable for my whole life. I can have AF alternate weeks, bi weekly, monthly, 6 weeks and 2 months so I don't have a 'late' point to reference :)

That said the O predictor was spot on from last AF so maybe just maybe I'll be 'normal' for a while

Hey,

I know how you feel. Im desperate to test, but know there isn't any point yet- it is the biggest waste of money because it gets addictive.

Should know by the end of this week- so fingers crossed.

x

Just wondering. My partner was dead against me testing at the end of the month and he said we should just wait and see what happens so I don't get depressed if it's BFN. Only after I'm late can I test. I kind of see his point but I know as I get closer I'll feel really anxious to find out. Reading posts it seems like almost everyone tests early, anyone else not testing and waiting?

I wait it out. I've given into testing twice on past cycles and just had a BFN. My fiancée saw how upset and down it go me so he old me just to wait it out.

I will now only test if i'm a week late. I'm 1 day late so far, hoping AF will stay away!
:af:

Glad to know I'm not alone. I see people testing on here and I do wish it was me. But at least this way my disappointment isn't costing anything.

Pretty Star - Very exciting! Fingers crossed for you, keep us updated! :)

Yup, me too! I never test until AF is late for a few reasons - buying tests is expensive, I'd rather wait it out than see a BFN and know I'm out, and also its possible to get BFNs before AF even if you are preg. I saw someone yesterday get a BFP at 14 dpo after a BFN at 12 dpo!

I totally understand the POAS urge though, have to force myself not to test sometimes anyway :)

I wait it out too, hasn't always been the case but I've learned my lesson :) Plus all the IC's I bought ran out in November so I find not having them lying around helps. TBH if they were there, I'd prob be testing now and driving myself crazy at the same time ;) I haven't had a reason to test for the last 2 cycles (af arrived on time) and somehow AF arriving seems to be much easier for me to take than those BFN's :)

Hopefully I'll be late this cycle and I'll HAVE to go buy some xx

I tested early the first month we tried, and not again. It was really depressing and even if you get a BFN you're still thinking 'well MAYBE'!! Its just too much for me. Now I just wait until the day after AF is due. Haven't taken a single one yet! Sure saves quiet a bit of cash! Oh well, I'm due on Saturday, so I guess I'll test with FMU on Sunday if the :witch: doesn't arrive.

I wish I had that same willpower! We've only been trying for 2 months but I already tested yesterday :wacko: AF isn't due until the 13th so I will probably test the 15th if she hasn't arrived.

You know what I might start waiting until the day AF is due. I end up peeing on a stick even when I KNOW it's far, far too early. What day are you waiting to test of flamingpanda?

I tested early a couple of cycles, got lily white BFNs and AF showed up the following day. I never liked seeing the BFN - used to really upset me, so I stopped testing. The only time I was ever late was the cycle I was pregnant.

This month I am going to wait it out. Last few cycles I did get a bit obsessed with the IC's, would let myself start testing from 12 dpo then just keep getting disappointed, then feel like I wasted all my energy obsessing once AF arrived. I've still got my cheapies in a drawer but emotionally it was really draining and I just don't have the energy for it anymore. But I think I kind of had to get it out of my system if you see what I mean. I was always going to be a POAS addict and just had to 'do it' and learn for myself it's hard going.

I wa until day AF is due. It's too expensive and emotionally draining to test early. It's also easier for me to handle AF then a BFN

Thanks for all the replies. It's nice to know I'm not alone. I was beginning to really envy those able to test, but it seems there can be plenty of good reasons not to.

You know what I might start waiting until the day AF is due. I end up peeing on a stick even when I KNOW it's far, far too early. What day are you waiting to test of flamingpanda?

This is my first month so I'm not 100% on the date but I'm expecting AF around the 20th. I think if I were to get to the 23rd I'd cave and test. Even though I don't know my exact cycle length my periods come and go like clockwork each month, so that's something to be thankful for. When is your next time to test?

As I rule, I tend not to test until day before or wait if my period is late - couldnt face the disappointment.

I stupidly tested this morning.... BFN! :'(

Thanks for all the replies. It's nice to know I'm not alone. I was beginning to really envy those able to test, but it seems there can be plenty of good reasons not to.

This is my first month so I'm not 100% on the date but I'm expecting AF around the 20th. I think if I were to get to the 23rd I'd cave and test. Even though I don't know my exact cycle length my periods come and go like clockwork each month, so that's something to be thankful for. When is your next time to test?

I'm expecting AF on the 20th too and this is also my first cycle ttc. I don't know when I ovulated as I haven't been using OPKs I think it was a day or two before my ticker and FF predicted it. I am having some shooting type pains but I'm trying not to think too hard and will also try and wait it out with you :haha:

Whoops, just checked and FF says I'm due AF on the 23rd... Maybe we can still test together :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->