Does Anyone Else Not Test Early? JOIN US (12 BFP So Far!)

Nasty witch visited. :cry:

Getting another OPK reader for this month. Any recommendations? My last one was first Response month kit and I wasted half the box because they are no good.

I use the cheap ones from amazon from CD10 until I start seeing 2 obvious lines. Once the lines are obvious I start to use clearblue digital once (they're expensive so I don't want to use 20 a month!). Seems to be working well at the minute.

I went off Yaz October 12th - because of the pill, I hadn't had a period in about 2 years. Anyways, so I went off and we're ttc and I expected to get a period right away after going off but I didn't. After two weeks of waiting around for af, I started charting my bbt using Kindara (iPhone app that rocks!). I had NO IDEA how to interpret it so I sent it to the Kindara experts who responded saying I MAY have ovulated on the 27th and the intercourse we had 1 and 3 days before MAY have resulted in a pregnancy.

So yeah - since I haven't had a period in FOREVER and I don't remember what symptoms I typically would get prior, I am finding myself extra in tune to the symptoms I have now. On the 29th I had WEIRD cramps and a pinching feeling on my right lower abdomen for like 6 hours and my nipples and more recently my breasts (and my armpit on one side) have been sore.

Anyways, I've already taken 4 pregnancy tests - the last one was on Saturday. I have one left and I am determined to save it - although since I don't know when to expect my period, I don't know when to take it. *sigh*

Anyway, I just came on here to vent all my symptoms and talk to other ladies in the same ttc tww boooooat.

I went off Yaz October 12th - because of the pill, I hadn't had a period in about 2 years. Anyways, so I went off and we're ttc and I expected to get a period right away after going off but I didn't. After two weeks of waiting around for af, I started charting my bbt using Kindara (iPhone app that rocks!). I had NO IDEA how to interpret it so I sent it to the Kindara experts who responded saying I MAY have ovulated on the 27th and the intercourse we had 1 and 3 days before MAY have resulted in a pregnancy.

So yeah - since I haven't had a period in FOREVER and I don't remember what symptoms I typically would get prior, I am finding myself extra in tune to the symptoms I have now. On the 29th I had WEIRD cramps and a pinching feeling on my right lower abdomen for like 6 hours and my nipples and more recently my breasts (and my armpit on one side) have been sore.

Anyways, I've already taken 4 pregnancy tests - the last one was on Saturday. I have one left and I am determined to save it - although since I don't know when to expect my period, I don't know when to take it. *sigh*

Anyway, I just came on here to vent all my symptoms and talk to other ladies in the same ttc tww boooooat.

Hey Hun, sorry that you are in limbo right now, that really sucks :growlmad:

When I went off the pill it took awhile for my AF to come back, (my circumstance was different than most others though because I have a chronic condition that flared up and caused me to lose a lot of weight at the same time too). It is really common for it to take awhile for your AF to get back on schedule after the pill so that might be what's happening with you right now.

I would wait another week and if still no AF test again. If still negative, you may want to go see your doctor as a precaution. I know when I went to see mine after being off the pill she told me that if I didn't get a period after 6 months then they would look at prescribing something to start a bleed, (she said it was common for women to sometimes miss AF for 2-3 months after being off the pill).

This happens to lots of women after coming off the pill so no worries; stupid BC really messes with our bodies more than we realize. Or maybe you are preggers, which would be awesome as well :happydance:

Try not to stress, I am sure things will work themselves out soon!

babybemine - sorry the AF got you :( I was gonna try OPKs this month but I'm thinking I may have missed the opportunity this month.. I don't really know how they work but you're supposed to start testing around cd10 right? I'm already at cd14 and I think I am going to O any day between now and Friday.. I think I'm just gonna DTD everyday til Friday. Lucky DH ;)

Noo - I may try your method next month ;) I love amazon..

turtlettc - sorry you're in limbo. Just as MrsEddie said, I'd try again in a week or so ;)

How's everyone else doing?? MrsEddie, are you in your tww??

AFM, I saw myself in the mirror this morning and had one of those "I look good today" moment so I'm thinking I will O soon :) time to :sex:

babybemine - sorry the AF got you :( I was gonna try OPKs this month but I'm thinking I may have missed the opportunity this month.. I don't really know how they work but you're supposed to start testing around cd10 right? I'm already at cd14 and I think I am going to O any day between now and Friday.. I think I'm just gonna DTD everyday til Friday. Lucky DH ;)

Noo - I may try your method next month ;) I love amazon..

turtlettc - sorry you're in limbo. Just as MrsEddie said, I'd try again in a week or so ;)

How's everyone else doing?? MrsEddie, are you in your tww??

AFM, I saw myself in the mirror this morning and had one of those "I look good today" moment so I'm thinking I will O soon :) time to :sex:

I believe I am in the TWW :haha: We have been so busy this month that I haven't been thinking too much about it. I think I may have OV early this cycle but not sure. When I see my natural family planner I will have to ask her what she thinks.

Thanks Mrs. Eddie - I've been actively avoiding the reality that it'll take 6 months to a year for af to figure herself out. Meanwhile, I'm hoping this thread will keep me from testing like crazy and getting all discouraged. I'm trying to stay optimistic given that my cycles were always very regular in the past and that my temps look fairly biphasic so hopefully at least hormones are regulating.

koj518 - How much success have you had predicting O via the "Lookin' Good" method?

Trying the answer brand this month. I liked the first response opk but I did the 20 day pack and had to throw out so much....i am not that wasteful of a person and it kind of hurt to throw them out

koj518 - How much success have you had predicting O via the "Lookin' Good" method?

haha. possibly no luck! But I like thinking that if I think I'm lookin' good then my DH will think so too and we'd have a fun evening ;) haha. I don't track my temp or use opks (yet) so I'm really not sure if there's any truth in the "lookin' good" myth :) haha

MrsEddie - yay :D I'll join you in the tww soon!

QUOTE=koj518;22842051]

haha. possibly no luck! But I like thinking that if I think I'm lookin' good then my DH will think so too and we'd have a fun evening ;) haha. I don't track my temp or use opks (yet) so I'm really not sure if there's any truth in the "lookin' good" myth :) haha

MrsEddie - yay :D I'll join you in the tww soon![/QUOTE]

OMG Koj :rofl: I am sure your DH will be unable to resist you!

And yay for your upcoming TWW, looking forward to the company!

Mrs Eddie - it totally worked last night ;) hahaha:haha:

Hey, looks like most of us are heading in to tww soon :)..... I had loads of really watery cm over the past couple of days, it's stopped today so hopefully I will be or have O'd recently! We bd this eve so fx'd :)

Hey, looks like most of us are heading in to tww soon :)..... I had loads of really watery cm over the past couple of days, it's stopped today so hopefully I will be or have O'd recently! We bd this eve so fx'd :)

Yay, exciting! Good luck Tom's Mum!

Hey ladies.

Just checking in. Best of Luck for TWW and lots and lots of baby dust.

Well I have had a dr's visit and due my first booking visit this coming Friday. I am hoping all is well. I have had sore breast on and off I am always peeing lol and feel real tiried. The nausea really kicked in this week but mainly when I have not eaten for a while. So I am eating little and often.
I have already gone from a C cup to a D cup bra size lol
Best of luck ladies hoping you get your BFP soon xx

Good luck to all our TWW :happydance::happydance:

Lotus - glad you having symptoms -that's your sticky right there hun!:hugs: let us know how the appointment goes.

Hi Lotus! Hope your appointment goes well and thanks for checking in on us :D

TomsMum - Yay for O'ing :)

AFM, I had tons of watery CM this weekend (but not much EWCM as I usually do) but I totally missed my chance to DTD because we were visiting friends :( I'm already feeling out this month. SAD.

Hi ladies! Long time no see I know. I took last month really badly and needed to throw myself into other things for a while. I've had an odd month. Was convinced I was preggers at first. No symptoms to speak of except the usual AF ones and I felt a little nauseaous but I often do all the time. The two days ago I had what I can only describe as very heavy spotting so I thought AF was coming early. She then stopped - again not unusual for me. But then she was actually due today and no sign so I POAS and guess what...

BFP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so happy I can't quite believe it!

Baby dust to all you ladies.

annio - HOW EXCITING!!! So happy for you :) So your Nan's prediction was only 1 month off for you!!

Hi ladies!
Sorry been away for a bit - also trying to distract myself a little from TTC.

Annio - fab news, so happy for you and wishing you a H&H 9 months, don't be a stranger here though! :happydance:

Sending you :hugs: Koj - you never know there's a lot of people on here who think they're out with mis-timed BDing then they get a BFP!

Lotus - good to hear from you and glad all is ok :thumbup:

AFM I am VERY happy today as got my gynae appointment through and it's only a few weeks away - the 6th Dec. The consultant isn't going to know what's hit him - going to lock us in a room until he agrees to give me clomid!! :haha:

So going to try and completely take my mind off TTC this cycle. AF is due around 22nd December so hopefully I'll start clomid around then and get myself into a 'normal' cycle for the new year!

Good luck to everyone heading into the TWW :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->