Donor Sperm IUI/IVF- 2012

Hi girls!
I ordered the last 2 units of sperm for our donor. I really wish I felt more excited and didn't have to buy it just to wait for a few more weeks/months. AF is still missing, the clinic is playing phone tag with me (they don't understand I can't answer my cell while teaching) and said I needed blood work before they could give me provera. Since it's the first week of school, I cannot risk even being 10 minutes late for school so it's just going to have to wait.

For those of you who ordered sperm, were you nervous after ordering it? I think the dollar amount scared me too, especially since we had no choice but to buy washed sperm which is $100 more a unit.

Tobefruitful- I have all my fingers and toes crossed for you! What kind of odds did they give you for twins with 4 follicles? My clinic is putting me on 100mg and will let me have up to four.

raelynn- I am so glad you were able to move on so quickly! I'm wishing you the best of luck!

Holly- It's expensive isn't it? Ours will be $390 for the IUI and another $300 for a monitored cycle, plus the sperm is really expensive. $650 plus $225 shipping. I hope it works quickly for you!

Question girls..... I had my IUI done on Tuesday and just like every other time I seem to cramp right from a the start. They aren't really bad cramps, more like a discomfort/ twinge the feels like its right in my uterus..... is this normal? Does anyone else experience them right from the day of the IUI???

:dust: To all of you ladies... I want to see bfps rolling out of y'alls! We need motivational stories to inspire the rest of us!

I see that this is a group from the summer so I guess I am little late joining.
I was just hoping for some more insight from ladies who have gone through this process!
I will be doing my first donor IUI cycle in October and I couldnt be anymore excited.
What is the normal time frame ( amount of cycles ) for things to work??? I know this varies, just looking for what cycle you got a BFP !!

It's never too late to join us. I guess the title does need to be changed. :shrug:

Not sure how long the process takes. I am just starting my consultation appt on this type of thing next week. I'm sure it varies from person to person.

yeah, i it is pretty insane to already be feeling cramps 4dpo. i just have never had pms cramps that early ever. we would be so blessed to be in your situation :) my face has started to break out a bit. i am still have mild pressure/cramps today so we shall see. this 2WW is for the birds.

hope everybody has a wonderful day! :) :)

Hi girls!
I ordered the last 2 units of sperm for our donor. I really wish I felt more excited and didn't have to buy it just to wait for a few more weeks/months. AF is still missing, the clinic is playing phone tag with me (they don't understand I can't answer my cell while teaching) and said I needed blood work before they could give me provera. Since it's the first week of school, I cannot risk even being 10 minutes late for school so it's just going to have to wait.

For those of you who ordered sperm, were you nervous after ordering it? I think the dollar amount scared me too, especially since we had no choice but to buy washed sperm which is $100 more a unit.

Tobefruitful- I have all my fingers and toes crossed for you! What kind of odds did they give you for twins with 4 follicles? My clinic is putting me on 100mg and will let me have up to four.

raelynn- I am so glad you were able to move on so quickly! I'm wishing you the best of luck!

Holly- It's expensive isn't it? Ours will be $390 for the IUI and another $300 for a monitored cycle, plus the sperm is really expensive. $650 plus $225 shipping. I hope it works quickly for you!

hi! the percentages are still pretty low for twins if i am remembering correctly. my suggestion with the 100mg of clomid is to double check with your clinic but i took one in the morning then once again in the evening. i had taken it once before this past time and i took it together and it gave me nasty symptoms. good luck! :)

I see that this is a group from the summer so I guess I am little late joining.
I was just hoping for some more insight from ladies who have gone through this process!
I will be doing my first donor IUI cycle in October and I couldnt be anymore excited.
What is the normal time frame ( amount of cycles ) for things to work??? I know this varies, just looking for what cycle you got a BFP !!

Congrats on starting your IUI cycle..... good luck :thumbup:
I am on my fourth cycle and my third actual IUI. I'm 3dpo right now and the TWW is the hardest part for me. Hoping this will be our lucky round.
Our doctor told us that they will do 6 IUI's before they'll move on to something else. REALLY hoping we don't have to do that, but I guess we'll see what happens.

Hi girls!

I was nervous when ordering the sperm too. Mostly because I have never done it before and had no clue what I was doing. We bought washed sperm too because my clinic said the sperm bank will guarantee the volume and count or whatever on their washed samples but if the clinic washes it and it isn't a good count they'll blame it on the clinic.

As for me, still playing the waiting game. Apparently I'm progressing slowly which is not so surprising considering my typical cycles are between 60-100 days. I have an 18mm follicle and my LH isn't surging yet so I get to go in yet again tomorrow. My doctor apologized for me having to go in so much but what are you gonna do? Besides, this is pretty similar to what I was doing for IVF monitoring.

LH surge today of 42.5! Going in for IUI tomorrow and don't have to trigger! Woohoo!

Good luck raelynn!! I have everything crossed for you!

Good luck Raelynn!

AF finally showed up for me! So glad I avoided the provera! Now to find out when to start the pill again and we'll be doing the IUI in about 6 weeks.

Great news - good luck, Raelynn. :dust:

Great news for you too, CM! Not long now xx

CM~ I'm so happy AF finally showed for you. I'm so excited for you to get started!

raelynn~ How did things go today? I hope it went well! Did they set you up for a beta or just have you test at home?

Everything went very smoothly yesterday. I go in for my beta on the 24th. I'm sure I'll test early just like I did with IVF though. At least this time I don't have to test the trigger out.

Going for my 1st IUI in approx a month!!!
I have PCOS and was not ovulating until taking metformin.
I have been doing my OPK'S this month to be sure I was ovulating ( i know its not a diffinate way to tell )... I have never had a positive until today WOOOHOOO.
What a relief :)

want2 - I totally understand where you are coming from! I have PCOS too and was on clomid for this cycle and was amazed when I had an LH surge at CD18 (which they checked by blood) and went right home and took an OPK just to see what that positive line actually looked like. Pretty crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->