Donor Sperm IUI/IVF- 2012

Hi ladies! Just wanted to wish you all well on this journey.
I'm not 100% sure if I should be in here anymore, I don't really fit as I am doing donor IVF not IUI... and I want you all to have lots of hope with IUI's and my story isn't so positive. But if you have any questions I could help with, PM me! Good luck and lots of baby dust!

Everything went very smoothly yesterday. I go in for my beta on the 24th. I'm sure I'll test early just like I did with IVF though. At least this time I don't have to test the trigger out.

I'm glad everything went well. Great news about not having to test out the trigger. I'm excited for you!

Hi ladies! Just wanted to wish you all well on this journey.
I'm not 100% sure if I should be in here anymore, I don't really fit as I am doing donor IVF not IUI... and I want you all to have lots of hope with IUI's and my story isn't so positive. But if you have any questions I could help with, PM me! Good luck and lots of baby dust!

Good luck with the IVF Sun! I really hope this will be it for you. Fx!!

:dust::dust::dust:

SunUp, you're more than welcome to stick around! I hope this is it for you! :)

Sunup- sorry you're moving on to ivf but hope that's all it takes to get your baby. :hugs: Please do stick around here. We'd love to hear from you especially when one of the girls have a question related to iui.

Hi ladies,

As some of you know from facebook, my husband was found to have zero sperm through doing mTESE...I'm not sure yet if this is the place for me- but I think I'm more leaning toward this over adoption at the moment. I've been reading through all the posts, and I feel better about the situation. I won't be able to make a definitive decision until this grieving process is over, but I will def be lurking. Thanks for all the support. :hugs:

-Carrie

:hugs: welcome cbergs. We can go thru this together. I'm still grieving too I guess.

SunUp - sorry IUI hasn't worked for you yet but I hope IVF brings you a lovely :bfp: :dust:

cbergs, I saw your post on FB and replied to it (I'm JD). I'm so sorry for you both. It makes me so sad that couples continue to face this and have to make such heartbreaking, difficult decisions. You're definitely doing the right thing in allowing time to grieve first. You'll both know when you're ready to consider the options.

AFM, I'm off for my very last DIUI today ... and I have zero hope of this one working. Why should it, after 5 failures? :nope:

But if it does fail I'll be straight to my doc asking for a referral for IVF.

We swapped donors for this last try, just so we knew we'd tried.

Sb- hope the change in donor is all it takes to get your bfp.

Good luck Silverbell, I hope the new donor makes all the difference, I've got everything crossed for you :flower:

Good luck SB!!! I understand your feelings though.... its a tough thing to constantly be let down. You're almost afraid to think it might work out :hugs:

Currently 8 days into my 2ww...... was feeling pretty positive until today. I went about 2 days with no cramping and was really hopeful, but now my pains are back and I'm trying really hard not to be disheartened..... this process sucks.

Has anyone heard of a DNC helping with fertility? A girlfriend of mine had one after TTC for 18 months and got pregnant right after..... I'm willing to try anything. What do you ladies think?

Welcome cbergs. I was wondering how you were doing. Even if you are just deciding, you're more than welcome to be in here asking questions, etc... It's definitely a process getting to this point. My husband and I own two vials of sperm right now, but still feel funny about everything. I think that we'll be okay once things get moving for us.

SB- I hope this new donor does it for you, I've often heard that's all it takes. I can't blame you for wanting to move to IVF if this doesn't work. Fingers crossed that you won't have to worry about it and you get that BFP this time around.

AFM- I started my BCP today. I hope it doesn't make me a crazy person, I went back to the brand I had in July, the one that caused headaches and bleeding. It was better than the demulen that make me into a psycho person. I take it for 21 days and then start the IUI cycle next. It looks like the cycle may start the weekend of our Thanksgiving in October. DH did his last SA today, we are still expecting azoo, but with his testosterone rising, we had to see if anything changed.

Holly, we cross posted. What is DNC? Try not to obsess to much about cramps and no cramps, when I was pregnant with my son, I had absolutely none of those signs people obsess over.

I wonder if we should open this up to donor IUI or IVF? I would hate to lose members just because IUI didn't work. I think any of us using a donor are in the same boat regardless.

Any thoughts?

I agree Canadian. I think we can all relate on the donor level, regardless of what treatment we're currently going through.

Yes please. If this IUI fails I'll be heading for donor IVF eventually, which I think is the same for a lot of donor IUI ladies who haven't had success with the IUI.

SB is right about that. I've noticed when IUI doesn't work out, IVF is usually the next step for most ladies.

Speaking of IUI, That's what I'm doing next in my journey. So, gotta get my blood screening done and pick my donor and sign a content form... Then after that the ball gets rolling. :shock: I can't believe it's gonna happen as quickly (or slow) as we want after all this time waiting and trying and getting tested.

Yay!:hugs:
Thank you all so much! I didn't really know where I fit once the IUI didn't work...
Please, if it gets too much having IVF-ers in here, just let me know, I will take no offense!!

I am starting to get excited though, as I have 14 follies on one side and who knows how many on the other, and they can start to measure them! I have a 9 on one side and 11 on the other! Will keep stimming and go back for monitoring Sunday. I will be ordering the DS Monday, so I HOPE I won't need it before Tuesday... but I doubt I'll need it until near the end of next week! Woo Hoo for things moving along.:happydance:

Hi Gals, sorry I have been missing in action. After my last cancelled IUI I really needed a break mentally and I must say I have switched off and rested my head :)

Good luck to all of you in the 2ww, wishing you all the luck in the world.

AFM - I am waiting to start being scanned, next week again (hopefully) for attempt number 3.
I agree this should be for both donor IUI and IVF, we can all relate when using donor.

Question? Would you or have you had DIUI without your partners being there?
If I have to have IUI next week, due to work commitments my OH wont be able to attend the IUI. Would you guys find this weird? Of course I would prefer if he was there but in the circumstances as you ladies will understand is it normal for me to feel weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->