Donor Sperm IUI/IVF- 2012

Hi girls

14dpiui and it's a BFN for me :(

Oh well I guess it's onto IUI number 2.

It's not over just yet, I just hope the "bleeding" stops soon.
Morning sickness is an easy price to pay for love. I've been nauseous for 2 weeks now. He you thought about trying Sea Bands? I got myself a pair and they actually do help at least take the edge off.
As for my world... There's a lot of drama with the family back in CO. I have a cousin that actually said she hopes I'm not pregnant. This after actively trying to cause me stress since the 4 the of July. I'm not looking forward to her visiting in a month.

Wanb: I maybe in limbo atm but I didn't get even a faint :bfp: until 15dpo (af 3days late) and a nice :bfp: 18dpo. You read all the time about women being a week or two late before getting their :bfp: and still having a healthy pregnancy and baby. Hang in there hun.

Hi everybody :wave:

Thanks for inviting me, Canadian, and I'm sorry I'm 'late' but have been taking time off from both IUI and BnB.

I'm feeling a lot better and more refreshed now and started cycle 4 yesterday. If IUI goes like my last cycle I'll be due for it around 31 July. My last cycle went as perfectly as it could (other than the :bfn: :haha:) so I'd be so pleased if that happened again. The Progesterone enabled me to have a normal luteal phase and gave me much more hope, which had been lacking the first 2 times.

I can't believe there are so many wonderful :bfp: already on this thread. Congratulations to you all!

WANBMUM - I'm so sorry :hugs:

Hi girls! We were just away for 2 nights on another camping trip and I am falling behind.

WANBMUM- I am so sorry to hear about the BFN. Can you go straight to another cycle after AF comes? (I have to go on the pill for each cycle because of my high LH.)

Guenhwyvar- Sorry to hear about the family drama. I had a lot of morning sickness with my son and what helped a lot was eating green apples. The pectin in them helps people with seasickness on cruise ships, so it was worth a try. We have a medication available to us in Canada for morning sickness called diclectin. It's vitamin B and unisom. May be worth looking into.

Silverbell- We are going to be cycle buddies! I am waiting for CD1, hopefully tomorrow! Are you taking clomid?

hellllo ladies! hope you don't mind me stopping by. canadianmaple, thanks for the invite. :) i have read some of your past posts and i too am amazed at all the BFP!! that is awesome! congrats to all the new mamas!

my situation is a bit different, everything seems to be "A Okay" with me, I have had every test done under the sun. DH has low morphology and we have tried 3 unsuccessful IUI's, 1 fresh cycle of IVF & 1 FET with his sperm, all ending in heartbreak. we are just transferring out of the failed FET, two days ago we received a BFP but my HCG levels did not increase soooo instead of trying IVF again, which took a toll on my body, we are going to try donor sperm! it is also less expensive.

we are leaving for the islands next week but when we return we have a meeting with our dr. any and all advice would be greatly appreciated!

once again, congrats to all of the new mamas! shed some of that baby dust on us :)

No problem at all with you being here! :) IF is such a beast, isn't it?

I think today is my CD1. I was lucky and was able to sleep in until 10 this morning, but the brown spotting has turned red and there is more of it. I left them a voicemail and assume I'll be in on Monday morning. They always make us come in at 7:30am, and with an hour's drive, it should be challenging to find child care.

My cycle was canceled. They don't have all of DH's blood test results in and are missing one of mine.

I called them with my CD1 today after taking the pill for 21 days like they had asked.

They finally called me back and it turns out they don't have all of our results in. So, I have to have AF for a week and then start the stupid BCP all over again for another 3 weeks.

That takes me to my first week of school for the IUI and I am unsure if I can miss that first week. Plus the 2ww is going to be during the most stressful time of the year.

I told her how frustrated we have been with the clinic. She spent a long time on the phone with me and went over everything. I am glad she was sympathetic.

They really know nothing about donor sperm there which is really frustrating. She and I butted heads about the sperm bank we chose, she didn't think they were Canadian complaint and I told her I got it from the list THEY gave me. She finally understood what I was saying and did see their name on the list on their info sheet.

She is going to see the head of the clinic tomorrow, it's his weekend to work, and will call me in the morning. I still can't believe this is happening.

Welcome to the new ladies in here :hi:

Canadian~ I am so sorry that this cycle has ended up like this. I can't believe they would have you go through the BC and then say "oh sorry we are still waiting on a few things." Any idea of when the results will be in? I don't blame you for being frustrated. :hugs:

I have to drive to the city tomorrow since the lab only does vit D levels one day a week. It could be here anytime but since there is no guarantee, I still have to wait and take the pill again for another cycle.

I need a good cry.

CM, yes you do need a good cry! :( i am so sorry this set back is happening. i completely understand wanting to be proactive and getting on with the show. i think its great that you express your concerns with your clinic...i think that is important for the both of you to be on the same page. my thoughts are with you. i am a teacher too, i know the beginning part of the year is INSANE but at least it will make the 2WW go super fast for you.

Mrs.c, how are you feeling? thanks for hanging around, you give us hope!

Oh CM I'm so sorry they cancelled your cycle, I know how horribly frustrating it is to think you are getting somewhere only to have to start all over again :hugs: stay strong, you will get there I am absolutely certain of it :flower:

Hi ladies,
I hope I'm not intruding. I have been stalking this post for a while and would love to join.

CM-I'm sorry to hear about canceling this cycle. I just found out Monday mine was cancelled and am still feeling major pangs of disappointment. My doctor put me on 50mg of clomid for the next cycle.

Welcome Redhead. I'm sure you'll fit in just fine with this nice group of people.

Canadian... I'm sorry you've been delayed a cycle. From your posts it sounds like the clinic really listened to your critical feedback. I hope they take it to heart and make the necessary changes so this doesn't happen to anyone else.

Hi ladies. After 2 failed DIUI's I have needed a break... and now I am back but I am on less often, trying to curb my stress levels.

I am currently on CD 12 now. Had U/S yesterday, 3 Follies. 2 on the right, sizes 15 and 13 and a 12 on the left.

I took 5 days of 100mg clomid, CD3-7. CD7 I also took 75IU of Gonal - F (injection) and then last night took another Gonal-F 75IU's. Go back on Monday to see how things are going. I will do Ovidrel trigger and then B2B IUI's whenever they give me the go ahead.

I am praying 3rd time is the charm. BFNs are so hard after IUI's, when you finally feel like you have a chance. So anyway, IUI should be in the next few days. Please feel free to ask any questions, to those of you about to start this process. I will do my best to help!

Hi Girls and welcome newbies :)

So AF got me good today. It is bittersweet really, I've had 2 days to come to terms with a failed IUI so in a way it is good to get another cycle going. I guess the only good thing about IUI is by time you get a BFN, you dont really have too long to wait for ultrasounds etc.
Hopefully all is ok for me to get going with attempt number 2. I have unmedicated cycles because I over stimulated on chlomid. This kinda sucks cause it means I only have one follicle each time. I guess its better than nothing.

Canadian, sorry to hear you have to wait, that really is annoying, is there anyway you can get them to push for the other results to get this cycle going? It really annoys me that the 'experts' can write off a cycle willy nilly, when each cycle is precious.

Curlysue, How are things going for you?

My OH has been talking alot about home insemination. I guess because we have felt that our so called experts are not 'timing' everything as they should. We are not considering doing it just yet, but it is definately an option we may take in the future.

I hope the rest of you are doing well :)

Look at all the new, beautiful faces! :wave:

Canadian: I'm sorry, sometimes you really have to wonder about people's intelligence. Like they couldn't have picked up a phone or tried a little harder to get his results? It really sucks when they make you feel like they just don't care. :hugs:

Wanb: I'm so sorry hun. *fingers crossed* Hope it works for you this time. We did home insemination & I would recommend it to anyone thinking of going that route.

Hope the other pregnant ladies are doing great & good luck to those mid cycle/tww!

Thanks guen. Oh did you? That is interesting. If you don't mind me asking was it frozen or fresh and did you do many inseminations in the one month? How did you time it correctly?
We have 2 IUI vials left and if it hasn't worked I think we may try at home frozen (from the sperm bank) before we move onto ivf.

Hi girls. I'm not really around a lot these past two days. I still can't believe my cycle was canceled. We had to drive to the clinic today (~2 hr trip in car) to have them redraw my vitamin D since they had forgotten to do it. They made no apology today for the screw up and even told me the results could be in tomorrow, but they just couldn't risk starting it this cycle. :( To top it all off, we had the ILs over tonight and my MIL made another comment about how she thinks I am going to get pregnant with DH's sperm. I thought DH had sorted that out with her. *sigh*

The nurse today told me she is going to see if I can do a slightly shorter BC pill protocol and have the IUI done just before I go back to work. Like cut a few days off the pack or something. I should find out tomorrow.

Redhead- Welcome! I'm sorry your cycle was canceled too. I can't believe how it hit me like a ton of bricks. I'm sure those pangs will stick around for awhile, until we get close to our next cycle.

Thanks CurlySusan. I am going to stay on their butts now. I never wanted to be high needs or demanding, but I need to put that aside and realize I am paying for these services and I need to look after myself.

Welcome SunUp! I hope this one is it. I can't imagine how tough the BFN would be after going through all of that. I can't even let my brain go there yet. But, it will all be worth it eventually, right?

Guenhwyvar- Thanks. I don't get why they didn't call to tell me to take an extra few pills? How are you? Any more ectopic talk or are things progressing as they should?

MrsC- How are you doing? Sorry I have been out of touch these days.

tobefruitful~ Thanks! I worry about hanging around sometimes. I know all of this can be tough sometimes. I can relate to your situation in so many ways.

Sunup~ Good luck!

WANBMUM~ Sorry to hear about af.

Canadian~ Sounds like a tough time right now. I'm so sorry about everything. My fingers are crossed for you that something can be done before you go back to work. No worries about not being in touch. I know you got a lot going on. Just know I'm always around.

Guen~ When do you go back to check on things? I hope you are doing well.

AFM~ I'm doing good today. I had a rough night but things are back to normal now. My husband will be home in one week from today so I'm so excited about that. Then we have our scan to confirm some things. :thumbup:

:hugs: and :dust: to all of you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->