Donor Sperm IUI/IVF- 2012

Wanbmum~

I'm pretty anxious to begin TTC right now. Due to my spring work schedule I really have to wait until mid August. It's so hard to wait.

Wanb: I don't mind at all. Dh and I used fresh from a dear friend. First cycle we did one insemination and the second cycle we did an insemination cd12 & cd13 (I got a opk + cd13). The original plan for cycle two was to inseminate on days 12, 14 & 16 since I O'd on cd16 the cycle before but was a little early this round. As for timing I was using the ClearBlue digi, temping on FF & checking cm. If you have any questions just ask and I can give you the knitty gritties over pm ;-)

Canadian: It's understandable you haven't been around much the last few days and that you are still upset about the cancelled cycle. I would be spitting nails since the whole mess could have been avoided.
In my experience with my IL's they spend the first couple years rooting for a biological grandchild. With mine after 10 years TTC & 2 failed adoptions they were rooting for a donor. She wont care a dang bit once she has that baby in her arms. Such is the miracle of babies :)

AFM: My second Beta came back and had only risen 40% so nothing is being ruled out. I'm still bleeding & getting those dang pains (which I've noticed make the bleeding worse) but I haven't called it in because I know that it's still so early they might not see anything & I don't want them to just decide it's ectopic & call everything quits. This weekend I was absolutely miserable & didn't feel the slightest bit pregnant, then today I woke up to real morning sickness instead of just nausea, my boobs a killing me & I wanted a friends homemade veggie pizza pockets so bad I almost cried. Cravings are probably WAY to soon but it made me happy lol. :haha:
Wed I go in for beta #3 and I'll get the results Thur when I go in for another ultrasound. Hopefully this time they will say my beta is doubling like it should & that my trouble maker is snuggled up where "she's" suppose to be.

Thanks guen.
I am praying your little pudding is in the right place. I have everything crossed for you. As they say God is good :)

Silverbell- We are going to be cycle buddies! I am waiting for CD1, hopefully tomorrow! Are you taking clomid?

Sorry we won't be cycle buddies this time around :nope: But to answer your question, no I've never taken Clomid - I'm on Gonal F injections.

I have to admit that my cancelled cycle (due to over-stimulation) was absolutely devastating and MUCH more upsetting than the other failed normal cycles. I was so upset and angry. So I definitely feel for you and you must have so much more anger to know it could all have been avoided if they'd just gotten themselves organised and let you know sooner. I'm so sorry, CM :hugs:

Hi ladies. After 2 failed DIUI's I have needed a break... and now I am back but I am on less often, trying to curb my stress levels.

I am praying 3rd time is the charm. BFNs are so hard after IUI's, when you finally feel like you have a chance.

I absolutely adore your profile pic. My favourite Disney film and of course very poignant for us all here :cloud9: I'm so sorry about the 2 failed DIUIs. I can definitely relate and have just come back from a break myself. It is sooo hard that you finally have the chance to get pregnant and you get AF or a BFN. So much more devastating than when just naturally TTC. Hoping this is your lucky cycle :hugs:

Wed I go in for beta #3 and I'll get the results Thur when I go in for another ultrasound. Hopefully this time they will say my beta is doubling like it should & that my trouble maker is snuggled up where "she's" suppose to be.

Fingers crossed for you Guenhwyvar! :dust:

I wonder what it is like to have sex and get pregnant?????

I'm struggling today girls :( My friend had her 3rd baby today, they started ttc the same time as us!! She has had 3 babies in the time we have been trying!She has 3 and I can't have 1!! Why is life so unfair???

CanadianMaple - I understand that need for a good cry.... We also had our cycle cancelled this time. My ovulation test never came up positive, even though I'm on my 3rd cycle and taking clomid. I think sometimes all the waiting is the hardest part. My husband also has no sperm due to childhood leukemia. I'd tell you to keep your chin up and stay positive, but it drives me nuts when people say that to me - so cry when you need to and we can all just cross our fingers that things will work out for us!!

Hi! Things are looking up here for me, so I am back to being your IUI cheerleader. ;)

WANBMUM- It seems like everyone we know had a baby this past year. We got married last summer and every one of the other couples have had a baby or are pregnant. We are going to a family reunion this weekend at PEI and both other couples will have their newborns there. I am dreading it. It would be so much harder to see someone go through that not once, but three times before you have a baby must be really painful. I'm so sorry. :(

Silverbell- Are the injections okay? We were warned with my high LH, I may need to switch to them. It must take some getting used to. Thank you for your support. Is there a way they can avoid you getting too many follicles this cycle?

Guenhwyvar- I hope your beta comes back doubled and you can finally sit back and enjoy being pregnant. It has been be so difficult waiting with baited breath.

CurlySusan- It's so tough to wait, isn't it? I hope the wait is worth it and it happens quickly.

AFM- We found a used car for DH. It was a tiny bit out of budget, but we got it and now it's dealt with before we worry about IUI. My clinic called and they will allow me to start the pill early (2 days early) and take 19 out of the 21 pills. That way I will get the IUI on the weekend before I go back to work. Thank goodness! It's not ideal to wait another month but I just want to move forward.

HollyTTC- We cross posted. I'm so sorry to hear your cycle was canceled too. It's really more difficult than I had realized it would be. I hope your next cycle is your lucky one.

I'm struggling today girls :( My friend had her 3rd baby today, they started ttc the same time as us!! She has had 3 babies in the time we have been trying!She has 3 and I can't have 1!! Why is life so unfair???

I feel your pain..... I have 7 neices and nephews - 5 of which were "surprise" children. Why can't things be that easy for us? :hugs:

Sorry, I'm new.... how do I not cross post next time??

we hear ya loud and clear. life has a way sucking once in awhile huh? :cry:please know that we are all in your boat. hang in there, your BFP is right around the corner! :happydance:

guenhwyvar, i am saying a prayer for you. :baby:

we are excited to start this up! AF is here and in full force, since i had been on progesterone & estrogen with our last FET. did i mention we are looking forward to meeting with the dr.?

hope everybody is doing well :)

Wanb: I don't mind at all. Dh and I used fresh from a dear friend. First cycle we did one insemination and the second cycle we did an insemination cd12 & cd13 (I got a opk + cd13). The original plan for cycle two was to inseminate on days 12, 14 & 16 since I O'd on cd16 the cycle before but was a little early this round. As for timing I was using the ClearBlue digi, temping on FF & checking cm. If you have any questions just ask and I can give you the knitty gritties over pm ;-)

Canadian: It's understandable you haven't been around much the last few days and that you are still upset about the cancelled cycle. I would be spitting nails since the whole mess could have been avoided.
In my experience with my IL's they spend the first couple years rooting for a biological grandchild. With mine after 10 years TTC & 2 failed adoptions they were rooting for a donor. She wont care a dang bit once she has that baby in her arms. Such is the miracle of babies :)

AFM: My second Beta came back and had only risen 40% so nothing is being ruled out. I'm still bleeding & getting those dang pains (which I've noticed make the bleeding worse) but I haven't called it in because I know that it's still so early they might not see anything & I don't want them to just decide it's ectopic & call everything quits. This weekend I was absolutely miserable & didn't feel the slightest bit pregnant, then today I woke up to real morning sickness instead of just nausea, my boobs a killing me & I wanted a friends homemade veggie pizza pockets so bad I almost cried. Cravings are probably WAY to soon but it made me happy lol. :haha:

:hugs: SOrry to hear that some things are still going on. I hope the bleeding stops and your numbers continue to go up. My fingers are crossed for you.

I always wondered that as well. Just because we can't get pregnant from it doesn't mean it shouldn't be enjoyed though. :winkwink:

:hugs: I'm sorry you are having such a hard day. I don't blame you though. Thats a lot to take in and think about. Life can be so unfair but don't give up. Just when you think it's not going to happen it does. Your turn is coming!

Hi! Things are looking up here for me, so I am back to being your IUI cheerleader. ;)

WANBMUM- It seems like everyone we know had a baby this past year. We got married last summer and every one of the other couples have had a baby or are pregnant. We are going to a family reunion this weekend at PEI and both other couples will have their newborns there. I am dreading it. It would be so much harder to see someone go through that not once, but three times before you have a baby must be really painful. I'm so sorry. :(

Silverbell- Are the injections okay? We were warned with my high LH, I may need to switch to them. It must take some getting used to. Thank you for your support. Is there a way they can avoid you getting too many follicles this cycle?

Guenhwyvar- I hope your beta comes back doubled and you can finally sit back and enjoy being pregnant. It has been be so difficult waiting with baited breath.

CurlySusan- It's so tough to wait, isn't it? I hope the wait is worth it and it happens quickly.

AFM- We found a used car for DH. It was a tiny bit out of budget, but we got it and now it's dealt with before we worry about IUI. My clinic called and they will allow me to start the pill early (2 days early) and take 19 out of the 21 pills. That way I will get the IUI on the weekend before I go back to work. Thank goodness! It's not ideal to wait another month but I just want to move forward.

Yay for finding a car!! I bet that is a relief. I'm glad things are looking better and you have an official plan now. The month will be over before you know it!

Sorry, I'm new.... how do I not cross post next time??

It just happens sometimes. Nothing to worry about though. It just means two people post at the same time. :)

we hear ya loud and clear. life has a way sucking once in awhile huh? :cry:please know that we are all in your boat. hang in there, your BFP is right around the corner! :happydance:

guenhwyvar, i am saying a prayer for you. :baby:

we are excited to start this up! AF is here and in full force, since i had been on progesterone & estrogen with our last FET. did i mention we are looking forward to meeting with the dr.?

hope everybody is doing well :)

Yay! It is almost time. I'm excited for you!

Sliverbell~ I hope you are doing well. :flower:

Curly~ not much longer!

Sunup~ I see in your signature that you will be doing B2B IUI. Does your clinic think that will help things or is that what you requested?

Nice to see you on here, SB! Whats your 'protocol' this time?

Umm and I have B2B IUI's due to using donor sperm. Its my clinics thing, they do it because of using a frozen specimen.

That's great about the car and starting the pill earlier :happydance: Like you say, you just want to move forwards at this stage (we all know the feeling) and any hold-up is devastating. So that's grew news for you both.

The injections are fine. My clinic only do injections as far as I'm aware. I've never had any real issues with them, other than sometimes you hit muscle and can't push it any more and have to re-try with a fresh needle and end up with a nice bruise the next day, but that's only happened 2 or 3 times for me. I don't have any kind of needle phobia though, so I'm sure that makes the whole thing easier - though I have heard of lots of ladies with needle phobia who do fine with the injections. I think it's because it's a proactive thing to be doing and you know why you're doing it and how important it is.

Nice to see you on here, SB! Whats your 'protocol' this time?

Hey, SunUp :hugs: Same protocol as last time. 75mg Gonal F from day 3 daily until follies are ready (usually day 13/14) and then Progesterone day after IUI morning and night for 14 days. This combination worked perfectly last cycle so I'm hoping it will do so again this time around.

Thanks sooo much for your support girls after my rant. I had a tough one day, had a good cry and woke up (trying) positive.
It is funny how things can just hit you like a ton of bricks sometimes.

It is back to scans next week and please god our 2nd iui.

Any news from GUEN? Praying all is ok for her and she is just celebrating X

Silverbell, what cd are you today? are the progesterone thingys normal protocol or do you have to have them for a particular reason if u dont mindme asking. My clinic haven't mentioned them at all although I've heard alot of people using them.
Are they mainly to extend your lp?

Tobefruitful- Glad to hear AF is here and you will get a plan in place soon!

WANBMUM- I know what you mean. I had been down in the dumps about my canceled cycle but am feeling really good again today. I hope you continue feeling better, knowing you are taking steps towards another attempt.

Silverbell- The injections don't sound that bad. I used to be a RN, so needles don't bother me, I have just never injected myself. I haven't really stressed about the trigger shot, I figure anyone can do one needle.

SunUp- I have read that some clinics prefer B2B IUIs. I asked my clinic about it and they only do one, especially with the trigger shot. How are you feeling about everything?

MrsC- Hi! Are you getting excited about the ultrasound? It's in early Aug, right?

We picked up the car today and it's pretty great. We spent a bit more than I had originally planned, but that's okay. I want a reliable and safe car that I can drive too. I started the pill again. The only crazy thing was that DH got a letter from the lab. He now has a laminated card he has to carry around because he tested positive (or was that negative) for some crazy antigen in his blood. He had 50+ transfusions during his ICU stay back in 1998 and from what I understand, he would have been exposed to it then. Not a huge deal, but they need to know if he ever needs blood again.

I'm in a much better mindframe now. I don't want to wish away my summer break. I'm going to enjoy every second of it and totally be in the moment when the IUI time arrives.

Sunup~ Ok I was just wondering. Maybe your clinic just wants to double the numbers. Fx for you!

WANBMUM~ Good luck next week. Fx for you as well!

Canadian~ I'm getting very excited. My husband gets home the 29th and the first us with the RE on the 31st. After that we have the OB appointment on the 14th with a scan as well. I'm so glad you are doing good. I felt so sad for you and angry at your clinic when your cycle got canceled. How crazy that your DH didn't know about the positive test before. Maybe the hospital at the time didn't think about it. Good thing it is known about now just in case. Is he doing ok with finding that out? I know it's no big deal but some men are like that. He has been through so much. You guys have been through a lot together as well. Such a strong couple! :bodyb:

Silverbell, what cd are you today? are the progesterone thingys normal protocol or do you have to have them for a particular reason if u dont mindme asking. My clinic haven't mentioned them at all although I've heard alot of people using them.
Are they mainly to extend your lp?

I'm CD8 today, WANB. First scan tomorrow morning. Praying I have 2 nicely growing follies.

No, the Progesterone was only because my first 2 cycles gave me abysmal luteal phases of 8 and 9 days. It appears the injections seem to mess my cycles up a little. The Progesterone gave me a 12-day luteal phase, which is of course much better and I have a better chance. They do not offer Progesterone as a matter of course at my clinic and only prescribed it because of the early AF I was getting.

Silverbell- The injections don't sound that bad. I used to be a RN, so needles don't bother me, I have just never injected myself. I haven't really stressed about the trigger shot, I figure anyone can do one needle.

I'm in a much better mindframe now. I don't want to wish away my summer break. I'm going to enjoy every second of it and totally be in the moment when the IUI time arrives.

I have to say the thought of DH injecting me would have me very nervous, but when I'm doing it myself I'm in control and so I don't worry at all.

I'm glad you're in a better mindset now. Means you'll be nice and relaxed and refreshed ready for IUI time :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->