Donor Sperm IUI/IVF- 2012

Silverbelle- I hope the scan goes well tomorrow! I could see it would be easier to have control of giving your own injections. I think the first one would be the toughest and the others would be easier.

We're heading to Prince Edward Island until Sunday. I will have phone access but probably not wifi. I hope you all have a great weekend!

Hey all! Just a quick update from me..
I had DIUI #3 today (well, the first one, I go back tomorrow since my clinic does B2B).:happydance: Go back tomorrow and then have the long :coffee: long :paper: TWW! But I feel pretty good about this one!:kiss::dust:

Someone was asking about progesterone earlier... my clinic has me do 2 vaginal suppositories each day starting the day AFTER the second IUI. Its supposed to help prevent any breakthrough bleeding. It also is used continually after a BFP to help prevent early miscarriage. Apparently it works pretty well.... Everyone does it, I haven't had a problem with my progesterone levels but I still use it as a little extra source of help. Although, it is quite messy and I have to use a liner in my underwear because of some wonderful discharge. TMI, right?!:blush:

SunUp - good luck for this 2ww :dust: It's great you're feeling positive and sending lots of luck and best wishes your way for a lovely :bfp: in a couple of weeks.

AFM, I had my first scan of my 4th DIUI cycle this morning and it seems my ovaries are very happy this cycle!

On my right I have 1 x 16mm already
On the left I have 2 x 14mm.

They've never grew this quickly in such a short time before. They want me to have another scan tomorrow just to ensure they don't miss anything and to check what rate they're growing at. I'm not to do any more injections. I have my IUI provisionally booked for this Saturday! Whoa.

She also said that if all 3 had grown by tomorrow then we'd 'have a chat to see about going ahead with 3'. My clinic only allows 2, so I wonder if they've taken pity on me as I'm an old-timer at the clinic now?

I can't believe it. Very surprised! I'm just praying the 16mm will be ready tomorrow so we can go ahead with IUI at the weekend, which would be perfect.

Yay SB! It would be nice to have someone else in the TWW! Hope things keep going well!!!

Wow Silverbell thats great news :happydance:
My clinic had the same policy about only two follicles, but I had 3 (one was a bit smaller than the other 2) the nurse just kept saying well lets just hope that one stays put, but they really didn't make much of a fuss about it, I think she felt sorry for me lol, I did have to sign some paperwork saying we were fully aware of the high chance of multiples.
Iv'e got everything crossed for you for Saturday :dust:

Eeeeeek!

Well the 'leader' follie on my right didn't grow much at all and is still a 16, but the 2 on my left have grown. One is now 15 and the other is ... 19! It's ready to go. I can't believe it grew 5mm in a day.

I was triggered at the clinic, given the Progesterone and told to come back tomorrow at 11.30 for the IUI :happydance:

I have been warned about the possibility of triplets :wacko: She said there is a potential for all 3 follicles to get large enough to be released tomorrow and she had to warn me. DH and I had discussed this last night and we were both happy (though I must say triplets do not appeal, but at this point I don't think we can be picky :lol:)

She said that there's a 1 in 100 chance of having triplets, but she can only tell me for sure right now that 1 egg will be released. We won't find out about the other 2 and it depends what my body does between now and tomorrow. But the potential is there, so I had to be warned.

Their policy is definitely 2 follies only and I have this in writing, so I'm guessing they're taking pity on me. Maybe things change after you've had 3 failed cycles?

I also got asked if I wanted to change donor, now that I've had 3 failed cycles, but with Frank's numbers I have to say we really have no concerns there and I've grown quite 'attached' to him as our donor :flower:

I must say I'm feeling very positive about this cycle and very, very excited. I think the 3 follies may have something to do with that. Jeez, if I can't get pregnant this cycle I never will!

:dance:

YAY SB! Awesome news! SO hopeful this is both our times for a BFP!!!

Silverbell that's wonderful news, how exciting. Got everything crossed for you guys x
:dust:

Good luck ladies! I had 3 release as well and it worked for me. 4th time was the charm! The possibility of twins is up there but it is so worth it. I can't wait to see the bfp's coming soon!

Good luck ladies! I had 3 release as well and it worked for me. 4th time was the charm! The possibility of twins is up there but it is so worth it. I can't wait to see the bfp's coming soon!

Wow, really? That's encouraging. I'm on my 4th try too :flower:

Praying and praying this is the lucky one for us.

Wow, really? That's encouraging. I'm on my 4th try too :flower:

Praying and praying this is the lucky one for us.

Good luck - next time will be my fourth cycle too, so lets hope four is everyone's lucky number! Fingers crossed for you!!:flower:

Yes, that's a lovely thought :cloud9:

All went well with the IUI yesterday.

Hoping and wishing that this is the lucky cycle.

Hi girls. We were away for 3 nights and are back again. :)

Good luck Silverbelle! I hope this one is the lucky one. Does the IUI hurt?

How are you doing in your 2ww, SunUp?

AFM- I am a crazy lady on these new birth control pills. :( When I am not angry and overreacting that way, I am crying an a total mess. I don't know how I can do this for another two weeks. I feel like being on the pill for almost the entire summer has totally wrecked it. I was even at the point today where I considered not going through with it. I know the clinic can't do anything about it, but I can't see myself doing an attempt #2 during the school year if it doesn't work in August. I would have to go on stress leave. I'm at the point where I don't even like myself at times.

Canadian~ I'm so sorry the BC are making you feel bad. It is not an exciting time with all the medicine. Honestly clomid might not make it better but just remember that after thats over it will get better. :hugs: This doesn't last forever but in the end all the ups and downs will be totally worth it.

As for the IUI... It doesn't hurt. It's really like a pap, sometimes there is a little cramping but I haven't had any issues. There was a time where I had spotting for an hour or two. that is from the cervix getting hit with the catheter. If there is cramping it won't last longer than a few seconds. You have nothing to worry about with it. :thumbup: I will mention this though. The 3 IUI's before this last one I had to lay there for 15 minutes after. This last one I got right up and got in the car for my hour drive home. The 3 IUI's were unmedicated and at a different clinic but I just thought that was interesting.

:dust::dust: Good luck to all of you!!

That is interesting Mrs C. Your lucky IUI, was that medicated?

Hi girls. We were away for 3 nights and are back again. :)

Good luck Silverbelle! I hope this one is the lucky one. Does the IUI hurt?

How are you doing in your 2ww, SunUp?

AFM- I am a crazy lady on these new birth control pills. :( When I am not angry and overreacting that way, I am crying an a total mess. I don't know how I can do this for another two weeks. I feel like being on the pill for almost the entire summer has totally wrecked it. I was even at the point today where I considered not going through with it. I know the clinic can't do anything about it, but I can't see myself doing an attempt #2 during the school year if it doesn't work in August. I would have to go on stress leave. I'm at the point where I don't even like myself at times.

I'm so sorry the nasty drugs are making you feel so bad :nope: As if what we're going through isn't torture enough. I hope your body 'gets used' to them and you're soon feeling like yourself again.

The IUI itself can cause a tiny bit of pain if they nudge your insides by accident (which in itself can cause a bit of spotting), but mostly it's that damn speculum that causes the pain, which if you've had a smear you'll know all about. They do seem to shift it about a lot with me and it has a habit of 'popping out', so they have to really crank it up! :haha: The pain that you do get from the speculum of course goes as soon as the procedure is finished (procedure itself only lasts about 4/5 minutes) and any pain caused by the catheter scraping your insides is sharp and sudden, but literally lasts seconds (and I've only had this the once when the catheter had a kink in it).

Hi Girls.
HELP

I am cd 9 today and my dominant folly is 15 by 18. The clinic got me to trigger at 5pm for IUI tomorrow afternoon. so that the sperm is there waiting for my egg.

Is cd10 very early to get IUI. Ive never ov so early usually.

Is 24 hours very early to get IUI after the trigger?

confused and anxious.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"