Donor Sperm IUI/IVF- 2012

Hi Girls.
HELP

I am cd 9 today and my dominant folly is 15 by 18. The clinic got me to trigger at 5pm for IUI tomorrow afternoon. so that the sperm is there waiting for my egg.

Is cd10 very early to get IUI. Ive never ov so early usually.

Is 24 hours very early to get IUI after the trigger?

confused and anxious.com

24 hours is quite normal. I think it all depends on the clinic and what they believe is best. It is much better to have the sperm waiting for the egg rather than the other way around. Your follicles will probably grow a little more before they actually release which is probably why they want you to trigger tonight.

Thanks mrs C, yes that makes sense. I had my scan with a stand in nurse today so I was a little apprehensive she was reading it wrong. Hehe
It has all happened so fast I think we are in shock. On this journey nothing does happen fast and when it does then it feels alien.

So it's off for IUI we go tomorrow :)

Ps mrs c. Have you got your scan tomorrow? Crossing everything for you. Keep us posted and hurry up and tell us how many :)

I think everything will go great for you this cycle! Will you be testing out your trigger or just waiting?

I was suppose to have my scan tomorrow but things changed. My husband works in Afghanistan and he was suppose to be home yesterday. They pushed his coming home date until the 2nd so now my scan is on the 3rd because I want him there. Thanks for remembering though. :flower:

Aw of course you want him there. At least it is not too far away. Bet you cannot wait to see him, especially this time! There will be alot of tears cried I bet.
I'm not sure if I'll test out the trigger, I think I may just wait. We'll see. I will see how I'm coping this time around.

Hi girls. We were away for 3 nights and are back again. :)

Good luck Silverbelle! I hope this one is the lucky one. Does the IUI hurt?

How are you doing in your 2ww, SunUp?

AFM- I am a crazy lady on these new birth control pills. :( When I am not angry and overreacting that way, I am crying an a total mess. I don't know how I can do this for another two weeks. I feel like being on the pill for almost the entire summer has totally wrecked it. I was even at the point today where I considered not going through with it. I know the clinic can't do anything about it, but I can't see myself doing an attempt #2 during the school year if it doesn't work in August. I would have to go on stress leave. I'm at the point where I don't even like myself at times.

I didn't find that the IUI hurt at all.... a little uncomfortable, but not painful. My second time it was worse because the nurse was having a hard time with the speculum, but I wouldn't describe it as pain. I know that telling you not to be nervous wont help, but after it's done, you'll realize its no big deal...:hugs:
I'm glad I'm not the only one that's an emotional mess.... I don't know how my husband lives with me sometimes. :wacko:
I hope it gets better for you! :hugs:

Thanks mrs C, yes that makes sense. I had my scan with a stand in nurse today so I was a little apprehensive she was reading it wrong. Hehe
It has all happened so fast I think we are in shock. On this journey nothing does happen fast and when it does then it feels alien.

So it's off for IUI we go tomorrow :)

Good luck and positive thoughts for you!! :thumbup:

I saw my doctor today for a pre-TTC check up. While we're waiting for results my lab work, my doctor can't find any reason to delay TTC. Woot! Woot!

Hi Girls.
HELP

I am cd 9 today and my dominant folly is 15 by 18. The clinic got me to trigger at 5pm for IUI tomorrow afternoon. so that the sperm is there waiting for my egg.

confused and anxious.com

Absolutely nothing to worry about. My IUI this time around was CD10 :thumbup: Sometimes your follies just grow more quickly than they do on other cycles. It's nothing to worry about. 24 hours is normal for our clinic after the trigger as well.

Good luck today :hugs:

Curly - great news! :dance:

Hi Girls.
HELP

confused and anxious.com

Absolutely nothing to worry about. My IUI this time around was CD10 :thumbup: Sometimes your follies just grow more quickly than they do on other cycles. It's nothing to worry about. 24 hours is normal for our clinic after the trigger as well.

Good luck today :hugs:

Curly - great news! :dance:

I totally agree with Silverbell, i had my trigger on the night of cd7 and my IUI early morning on cd9, my follicles grew mega quickly too. Maybe the younger he eggies the better quality they are? :thumbup:

Hi Girls.
HELP

confused and anxious.com

If your eggs are matured, I wouldn't worry... plus you wouldn't want it to release early and then you have missed your chance. No, 24 isn't very early... it sounds pretty ideal to me. I have B2B IUI and the first one is about 12 hours after trigger.

Good luck! You'll be joining us in the wonderful TWW.:thumbup:

AFM: Lets see, I never know how to count DPIUI since I do B2B. So I count DPT (T=trigger).
I officially triggered 7 days ago. Almost half of my TWW, GONE! I have yet to schedule my beta, but I have decided for 8/9 for my beta. That is 14 days after my second IUI. I may POAS about the 7th or the 8th, since I have limited self control, but I only have 1 HPT left and I am NOT buying anymore.

Wanb~ Good luck on your IUI today!

Canadian~ Congrats on the new car. I'm glad you'll be able to get in a cycle before the new school year & sorry the bc are giving you such a hard time.

MrsC~ I'm excited to hear how your scan goes in a few days! Maybe we should take up a poll to guess how many are in there ;-)

To all the other ladies so I don't miss ya. Good luck, I'm rooting for ya'll.

AFM~ Thank you ladies for all the positive thoughts prayers and crossings. Unfortunately it didn't end so well. I had beta #3 on the 25th and a new scan on the 26th. Beta had dropped to 435 and there still wasn't anything to see on the ultrasound so they've called it a spontaneous miscarriage. If ya'll don't mind I'd like to hang around and cheer everyone on since you are all such a bunch of beautiful ladies. :hugs:

I'm so sorry Guen. :hugs: Do you see yourself trying again in the near future?

hey ladies, how is everybody doing? hope great! DH & i go in thurs. for our consultation. does anybody have any suggestions on some questions i should have for DR? i have some already but i wanted to see what you ladies had in mind....feel free to shoot some advice over here :) thanks!!

AFM~ Thank you ladies for all the positive thoughts prayers and crossings. Unfortunately it didn't end so well. I had beta #3 on the 25th and a new scan on the 26th. Beta had dropped to 435 and there still wasn't anything to see on the ultrasound so they've called it a spontaneous miscarriage. If ya'll don't mind I'd like to hang around and cheer everyone on since you are all such a bunch of beautiful ladies. :hugs:

I'm so very sorry, Guen :hugs: Nothing I can say, but just ... so very sorry.

I'm so sorry Guenhwyvar.

I just wanted to pop in to tell you all I am taking a bit of a break. I am not coping well with the birth control pill and I am scared I am doing damage to my marriage. DH and I are going to have a heart-to-heart tonight and I am going to ask him if we should delay our IUI for a few months. I still have another 10 days on these pills and it just isn't worth it. I feel like a lunatic. I've made an appointment with my family doctor about my shortness of breath but I think it's anxiety and now depression. I just want to crawl under a rock and cry.

Canadian~ :hugs: I'm so sorry you are having a tough time. I've been thinking about you and hoping you were ok.

What type of questions did all of you ask regarding donor sperm? The only 2 I have written so far is 1) if I want siblings for the baby 3 to 5 years down the road (not that I would do this but just want to keep options open), would I be able to use the same donor? and 2) in case of serious health issue where my bone marrow might not be a match for the baby/child, would we be able to check for a match with the donor guy? I still have to think of more questions regarding the costs and their procedures/policies before I'm ready to meet with dr to discuss this option. Obviously I will need to find out how much information we are allowed to have/see in order to pick out a donor.

DG~ Are you talking about what questions to ask the clinic or the donor place itself? Honestly I didn't even think of those questions when we started. The siblings one because we only wanted to do this one time and we only wanted one child (if twins that is different). Have you looked at any of the websites for a donor yet?

Either one- the clinic and the donor place both. I still have yet to meet with the dr or the clinic- I don't know which yet.

Websites for a donor... no not yet. :shrug: I don't even know where to look yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->