DTD for a 2011 BFP

On to cd2 and AF is trying to kill me! I've had to add ibuprofen to the cocktail of vitamins and supplements on my bedside table!

Hope everyone is well and keeping up the PMA!
:dust:

Hi Louise, if you type 'soy isoflavones' into google it should come up with some. Mine are called natures aid or something like that. If you live near a really big tescos they sell them there much cheaper for about £4. The latest you start taking them is cd#5. I start mine tonight. Let's just hope they do a better job this cycle, but there are some amazing success stories from them.

This thread is a great idea. Thanks Sarah.

On to cd2 and AF is trying to kill me! I've had to add ibuprofen to the cocktail of vitamins and supplements on my bedside table!

Hope everyone is well and keeping up the PMA!
:dust:

Glad it's not just me. AF is so painful this time. It's bad enough that's she's here, she doesn't need to mock me by being extra painful!

Morning you lot!!!!
Didn't manage to get on to my PC till this morning, sorry I missed a lot of chat!!
What a fantastic idea Saysib with the group..hope you don't mid me joining the group?
Still no Af for me but I know for defo she is coming as my tummy is cramping and I am a crabbit cow. Burst into tears last night because I burnt the dinner........oh dear.
Which is really typical of PMS symptoms for me so just a waiting game for me now.
My cycles are all over the place at the mo so hard to keep track of what's happening and can't really plan much, trying to listen to my body more but proving harder than I thought.
I will be taking Soy CD 5-9 this time to see if it makes a diff, I took it 3-7 last time.
Oh and will be stocking up on OPK's (clear blue smiley ones as ICs just dont work for me at all) to try and help AGAIN.....
really don't know what else to do.

Hope you are all feeling OK this morn and not so sore...***HUGS***

angel

xx

:hi: Angelpants!

I'll be taking soy for the first time this cycle, starting tomorrow (cd3). Have you been taking it long?

Hi :)
I took it for the first time last month but will try a different cycle day this time (3-7 last month might try 5-9) felt like it made O pains more pronounced but not sure if i O'd any earlier....
x

:hi: Fisher and Angelpants!! Good to see you!!

I think AF is just in a foul mood all over it seems, she is kicking my butt too!! Ibuprofen and 2 naps today already and I am still a hormonal mess - doesnt help that we are snowed in though and my husband, bless him, is driving me mad :lol:

I've ordered some Soy and some IC O strips, but I'm doubtful I'll get them anytime soon - I think its going to be another month 'au naturale' here. I hadnt realised you could buy them in Tesco though, if we can get the car out I might make it to there, would Holland and Barrett have them?

Feeling a bit down about it all today, wondering if we're meant to have another.. blah, blah.. I'm sure once the witch has left the building I'll be back into the game again full force!! How is everyone else feeling?

I feel shabby today :( I just want to get on with things and can't wait for AF to be over.

Less than an hour of work left....can't wait to get home, have a bath and get my PJs on.

Holland and barrett have them, yes, but they are a bit pricey at about £13 so I hear.

Emotional wrecks all round then! I was driving my train today sobbing! It's a good job that the passengers couldn't see me!!! I have 5 days off now, so tonight Im going to enjoy the glass of wine I couldn't have on cd#1. I have my PJ's on, and it's my OH's turn to make tea, so going to have a proper chill out night. Lovely!

Hope everyone has had a good day. :flower:

I feel much better now I've had a hot bath and have got my PJs on. The snow is really coming down now - we've had a fresh covering since I got in from work.

Are you a train driver Loo? That's brilliant - so interesting to hear what everyone does. I work in an estate agency - I'm the valuer.

Yea, Im a train driver. It's a great job, but not much fun in the snow!! I'd love your job though, Katie...having a nose around other people's houses sounds like fun.

Taken my first lot of soy tonight, and I have a headache already...so it had better work this time!! Im off work now for a few days, but the worst thing is I take my temps at 4am as that is my average get up time for work, so my alarm is still going to go off at 4. Bah! Hope I get back to sleep again afterwards! :flower:

Wow Loo, being a train driver does sound like a lot of fun!! And I have to say that getting up at 4am on your days off to temp really is dedication! I think I'll give Holland and Barrett a miss then, maybe my super Asda will have them?

And being a valuer sounds like a fab job too, like Loo I've always fancied noseying around other peoples houses! How is the market doing where you live? We bought our house a year ago and while prices seem to have stabilised property are still sitting that we viewed.

We relocated from Manchester to just outside Edinburgh a couple years ago now as thats where I'm from, so when my husband lost his job we moved home to be near my family. I was on maternity leave at the time so lost my job and havent been able to find another (not that I've really looked that hard ;P ) I do work for Avon, and although I dont make big bucks doing that, it does mean I'm a stay at home mum :cloud9:

We finally got out of the house for the 1st time since Saturday today - and thank goodness!! I was going stir crazy! DH hasnt been able to get to work all week and while I love him to bits :wacko:

LOTS of snow overnight! Thankfully I could still get my car moving - when I took OH to work the temp on the car display said -8 :shock: I imagine it's much the same up in Edinburgh Sarah?

Well, I'm off work today, thank God. AF cramps are much better (think she's on the way out actually) but driving around in this weather is NOT fun! Going round people's houses is not as great as you might think girls....some houses are really not that nice....

The difficult thing just now is getting people to accept that their house is worth about 20% less than it was 3 years ago. That's why the market is stagnant - because properties are going up for more money than buyers are willing to pay. Once vendors get into the mindset that we are well and truly out of the property boom, and lower house prices accordingly, then I think we'll see some movement. What I've got a lot of at the moment (and expect to get a lot more in January) is repossessions :( Very sad.

Well, enough talk about property! It's my day off! I'm taking soy for the first time today. What dose are you taking Loo? I almost want it to give me a headache, cos then I'd be able to say something was happening! Does that sound daft :wacko:?

ha! My alarm goes off at 4am, I stick my thermometer under my tongue, wait for it to beep then Im asleep again before Ive realised what's happened! This is the first time I've done it this way as last month I found that I was temping at an time between 3am and 10am depending on what shift I was on, so I thought I'd best do it properly, even if it is a pain in the arse.

Ive not heard about ASDA stocking them, but it's worth a try...just don't do what I did and buy any old thing that has soy isoflavones in. I can't believe i'm repeating this :blush: but i bought MENOPAUSE tablets (soy is most commonly taken for menopause), when I got home realised that they had far to little soy in them, so I made my OH take them back saying he had bought the wrong tablets for his Mam :rofl:

Right Katie, the Rules of Soy Iso's (as far as I know!) As we are taking them as a Clomid substitute, you still take them on Clomid days, so 5 days on the trot on days 2-6, 3-7 or 5-9. A dose of Soy in mg is roughly twice that of Clomid (so if you wanted to have the effect of 50g Clomid, you would take 100g of soy). Last month I took days 3-5 120g, then days 6-7 160g. This month Im going in slightly stronger at 160g for 3-5, then 200g 6-7.

Unfortunately there is no hard and fast rule about how much to take. Im raising my dose this month, but Angelpants has said that she is trying different cycle days to see if that makes a difference. It is trial and error Im afraid. The only thing I have heard is don't take too much (though I don't know what too much is) as it can have the reverse effect and make your cycles longer. Humph. Complicated isn't it!

Gosh, I feel like ive wrote an essay....sorry ladies!

It's snowing again here, so I am spending the first half of my day off cwtched up with my dog staying warm. Perfect waste of a morning :flower:

Thanks for the info Loo :thumbup:

I've got 100mg tablets, so I'm taking 1 a day. No headaches - yet. If no joy I'll maybe up that next time.

It's not snowing here anymore, but I am also having a bit of a duvet day. I have thought about walking to the shops....but it's really cold. :blush:

me too! Thought about going out...then thought the better of it! Brrrrrrr! Wow Katie, your soy tabs are so strong, ive never heard of ones that strength, just check that it is 100g of soy isoflavones, and not made up of other things?

Good luck with the soy...not everyone gets headaches, so I wouldn't be bothered about it. x:flower:x

:flower:can I please join you??
After an e/p in October.. I had to wait for 2 AF cycles before ttc again, well that time has arrived!! :thumbup: my AF arrived on 2/12/10.. so I am dtd this month.. FX for you all lets hope we all get a new year BFP!! :dust::dust::dust::dust:xx

Of course you can join us angelcake! Im so sorry to hear about your ep, but glad you are feeling up to ttc again. If a few days you'll be :sex: again, and hopefully on your way to a NY BFP!!! It seems such a long way away, but Im hoping that this month will fly by with being busy for xmas. FX! xx

Just checked Loo - all soya isoflavones. I got them from Amazon - the brand is Lamberts. I thought they all came like that! There were some for 40mg, but it was almost the same amount of money for just 30 tablets, so I thought the stronger ones would be better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->