DTD for a 2011 BFP

Hmm I've never heard of using soy like that! Pretty cool. Do you take it the whole cycle?

Loo, I'm a nurse & work rotating shifts too I was worried about it at first with temping but it's honestly never made much of a difference.

Welcome Anglecake!

No Fisher, just for 5 days near the start of the cycle. It's like a Clomid substitute. There are some pretty good threads on it in the ttc secton.

Thanks for the info on the temping, Last month they were all over the show, so I just wanted to do a month at a regulated time to see if I got a less erratic chart. If not, believe me I'll be knocking the 4am alarm call on the head! ;)

Hi everyone :hi: not been around today, just having a bad day - hopefully back to normal again tomorrow. Hope everyone had a good day!

Loo have you been temping for long or just getting started?
4am is for the birds, haha.

I haven't spent much time over on the TTC side mostly just here every two weeks when I start obsessing about whether or not AF will show up! :)

Morning all :hi:

Sarah - hope you're feeling better today :hugs:

How is cd4 shaping up for everyone else? I think this is my last day of AF, but because I have a stupid long cycle I've got ages to wait until anything happens. I've even put SMEP back to cd15 instead of cd8 :dohh:

In the meantime I'm going to have a cup of lemon green tea :coffee: and hope that ov is on the way a bit sooner than cd29!

Loo have you been temping for long or just getting started?
4am is for the birds, haha.

I haven't spent much time over on the TTC side mostly just here every two weeks when I start obsessing about whether or not AF will show up! :)

It's my 3rd month temping (4th ttc), but they have been all over the place. This month is not much different (if you click on my daisy's you'll see!). It's useful to know if I have O'd, and something I like to obsess over! However Ive just bought a bargain CBFM for next month, so that will tell me when I have O'd. May ditch the 4am alarm calls!

Fingers crossed Katie that the soy will do the trick...it must be a right royal pain in the arse to have to wait so long. The cycles feel long enough without extra days!

I think I must be CD5 now...just hoping this month flies by. Anyone had much snow last night? We had a bit more so going to take the dog for a snowball fight later :D :flower:

:flower: Day 2 of my cycle.. so I will be able to test on 31/12/10 if I dont get my AF!! :coffee:

Thats so exciting! To actually get a good result on NYE would be amazing! Think AF is due for me on the 27/28th so Im going to test boxing day!

Hope you are feeling better today Sarah?

Day 3 of soy for me today....feels like im on the way now!!! Wahoo! :D

Morning all!

CD5 here, and 3rd day of taking soy. I kept getting sharp shooting pains in my left ovary-sort-of-area on and off all day yesterday....it can't be the soy working already, can it?!?

I can't wait for things to start happening, but according to my ticker there's still 24 days before I ovulate! I think my vitamin B6 will come in the post tomorrow though, so at least I'll have more pills to take! I swear I must be rattling when I walk!

How is everyone today? :hugs:

Ive bought some stronger B6 too. I knew I needed to take it to lengthen my LP (its only 11 days), but the B6 I was taking only contained something like 2g where I needed to be taking over 50g for any difference! Lets hope it does the trick. Ive had some pains too Katie, not as strong as last month, but I think it must be the soy.

I wouldnt read too much into your ticker. It could all change with the soy. Are you using OPK's too?

I'm really hoping that I have to adjust my ticker at some point!!!

You're exactly like me Loo - soy to make you ov quicker and Vitamin B6 to lengthen your LP! I've ordered 50mg tablets of B6 and I was also advised to take a vitamin B complex along with the B6. My LP last cycle was only 10 days...I know anything from 10-14 days is OK, but I would still like it to be a bit longer.

I'm going to start using OPKs on cd10 - I was going to leave it until cd17, but with having these pains I think I better start a bit earlier, just in case:winkwink: We're doing the SMEP this cycle too, but I won't be starting that until cd15 (unless I get a +opk beforehand).

Ive been taking my vit b complex for about 6 weeks, but only saw last week that to lengthen my LP I needed to be taking at least 50g of b6 when my b complex only has 2mg. Oops. I hope that by taking one of these a day it will do the trick.

We are doing SMEP too, but starting tomorrow, and opk'ing from cd10. Just be aware that with soy you can sometimes get a false positive opk soon after you finish the course. I got a faint second line on cd 10 last month, but didn't actually O until cd17.

How is everyone doing anyway? Surviving the big freeze?! Im really really hoping that this month will fly by with all the xmas celebrating. Hope you are all ok :flower:

Morning all :hi:

Thanks for the heads up about the OPKs Loo! I would have got myself really excited there lol. I'm desperate to start POAS again :wacko:

I've checked and the vit B6 I've ordered is 50mg per tablet so I'll start taking that as soon as it arrives.

The dull ache I was feeling all day yesterday in my ovary-ish area has gone today, but I did feel very sick when I was driving OH to work. Haven't suffered any headaches, as yet, but it could be because I'm on quite a low dose of soy.

Really just want to snow and ice to bugger off now - it was -5 degrees when we left this morning!

-8 here. Bbbbrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!! Just been to have my hair cut and my hairdresser told me about her 'happy accident'. She's just found out that she is preggers at 3 MONTHS!!! How I ask you???!!?!?!?! I was so shocked I let her cut me a fringe, and now Im home Im all upset because I don't know how people can accidently get pregnant, and I look silly because I have a fringe with a big cow lick in the middle of it. Humph!!!!! Im going to console myself with a hot chocolate and a biscuit.

And as for the snow/ice...........well that can just naff off as well!!!!!!!! :flower:

It's been below freezing here as well, for days, although I'm in the states. It's starting out as a miserable and gross season already.

I know isn't it amazing that people ever get pregnant or go on to have healthy babies? It seems like there shouldn't be any babies at all with all the struggle going around!

How do people not know theyre pregnant for 3 months anyway?!

Exactly!!!! Surely you must notice the absence of a certain witch, or a build up of sanitary products!!!

Ive just got back from the doctors, I was just going to get more folic acid, but whilst I was there I couldn't help asking the question on all of our lips..."Why am I not pregnant!!!"
He was really good to be fair. I explained everything that we are doing. He told me to stop the soy, that is likely to have the reverse effect (will have to do more research I think!), and to stop temping as it wont do anything but stress me out. He is sending me for day 21 blood tests and has asked my OH to send a 'sample' into the hospital. Trouble is, the sample has to get from his body to the lab in 30 minutes, and we live 40 minutes away from the hospital, so he'll have to make a visit to the toilets at the hospital. He will die when I tell him later. Not looking forward to that!

How is everyone today? Anyone else had an eventful morning? :rofl:

Morning girlies!!

How are we all bearing up in this snow?
Well AF got me yesterday, so onto cycle 8 now, hope you don't mind me tagging along even though I'm not the same CD as most of you.
Blood results from docs tomorrow and hoping to get another docs appointment before xmas to discuss where to go next.
Trying to keep a more positive outlook this time. Not easy though.
The nurse who took my 2nd lot of blood on friday was less than helpful-told me I had low progesterone and then went onto say that it can cause miscarriages and i wouldn't be able to carry a baby full term without help. I actually told her to shut up and just take my blood. Then made a complaint at the front desk, I was so upset i burst into tears like a right T*T at the reception.....ho-hum....
anyway, posted a thread about it on here last week and got some positive feedback from people saying that tablets, suppositories (eek!) or injections can help regulate low progesterone so not to overly worry about it.
Was a bit down that I had to go down the route of getting help from medication, but I gave myself a shake and decided that it doesn't matter what it takes to get our BFP I will get it!!!! LOL :)

Loo - my hubby has to give a sample in in the new year also, lucky for him he works at the hospital so can hand it in on the way to work!!! hehehehehe..... oh dear your poor hubby.
I've decided that I'm not taking soy either, there isn't any point anyway if i'm not ovulating on my own anyhoo!!

Hope everyone is doing good and staying warm and safe

xx

Hello ladies :hi:

cd7 and last day of soy. I felt a bit nauseous again this morning, just after taking it, but I'm not sure whether that's the soy or something else. :shrug:

Glad you're all getting help from the doctors etc. Although if my doctor told me to stop temping because it would 'stress me out' I'd have to tell him that I'll be the judge of that! I find it far more stressful not knowing what on earth is going on from month to month because they allowed me to stay on the pill for almost half my life without a break!!!

I sincerely hope, with all my heart, that OH and I don't have to have medical intervention to get our :bfp: Having spent more than my fair share of time in doctors surgeries and hospitals (polycystic kidneys, asthma and chronic hayfever), I don't really like them at the best of times. Even if soy, temping, EPO,OPKs are all really a waste of time, it helps me to know that I'm doing something.

Can't wait to start OPKs - need to feel like I'm doing something again! And where is my vit B6?!?

Welcome back Angelpants! I was wondering what happened to you, don't worry, you definitely belong here!

I'm waiting til February to bring this all up to my doctor. Seems like here they generally want everyone to try for 1 year before getting worried and when it comes time for my regular appointment in February it will be about 1 year since we started actively TTC.

I really hope something happens before then though because hubs is really just generally against any sort of intervention he wants a baby too but is more of the 'if it doesn't happen it doesn't happen' variety. So I don't know if he would ever even be on board with me taking something like Clomid and I know IVF is totally out of the financial picture.

That said - right now I'm a full time nurse and am in school to be a practitioner and will be done the beginning of 2012 so I guess I won't technically be in a HUGE rush til I'm getting a bit closer to the end of school. (Because I know having a baby in school would magnify my stress) We decided not to wait to try til I was done with school completely which we had been originally because we're both aware that it sometimes takes a good long while. (And I'll be 30, and we both have jobs, and a house -so why wait?) I am incredibly relieved that we didn't wait to try til I was done with school because could you imagine if I wasn't as insanely busy as I am how caught up in all this I would be?!

I wonder if that is the case with soy or not - helpful or the opposite effect. The only real changes I've made are taking a daily folic acid since we started TTC and I have started taking a womens multivitamin as well in the hopes it would lengthen my LP which seems fairly steady at 12. For a couple months it seemed like the multivitamin was helping as I had 2 or 3 months where my LP was 14 but this last month was 12 on the dot again.

I know they say the LP isn't too short unless its 10 - but doesn't 12 seem too short? I mean if AF comes on day 12 (good and solid) but I have mild cramping or spotting 1 or 2 days before? That doesn't seem like it's long enough for a little egg to stick in there? I always get confused because they say CD1 is the first day of actual FLOW not spotting not cramping but it seems like it should be the first day of actually 'signs'? Thoughts on this? Do any of you get cramping and whatnot prior to AF's actual arrival?

-sorry for the sudden long winded post my finals are today for the semester so I actually have a minute now to sit and type!!!-

Hi Angelpants. Of course you can join us! It's not about where you are in your cycle, just supporting each other and having a good chin wag :D If you don't mind me saying, your nurse sounds horrid! As if you aren't going through it enough without nasty comments like that. There is so much you can do for low progesterone, so try and stay positive. Im having my bloods done in just under 2 weeks, so if Im in the same boat you can let me know what you have found out about it. :flower:

Im going to carry on temping this month. Tbh, it doesn't stress me out much before O, and after O I want to keep an eye on it anyway to check it doesn't fall. Will I never learn?!?! :rofl:

I wan't to start OPKing on cd10 (Thurs) and my tests haven't arrived yet, so Katie Im in the same boat as you....FX the postman brings gifts tomorrow!

Im with you fisher, my LP isn't defective at 11 days, but it seems on the low side to me, so Im hoping that B6 will help me. I don't get spotting before AF (well, only for a few hours), but I have heard too that AF is classed as actual flow and not spotting. However, I was discussing with my Doc today what was classed as CD1 (as AF came for me this month at 9pm, so I was classing the following day as CD1), and he said AF is classed as the first fresh, red blood, not old brown colour, no matter what time it comes, so turns out, Im a day ahead of my ticker...not going to bother changing it though. I don't know if that helps Fisher.

Gosh! What a rant! I hope everyone is well! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"