DTD for a 2011 BFP

Oh Fisher :hugs: But good news about your OH doing an SA :thumbup: Even if there is something wrong, it's really easy fixed.

Loo - I'm not exactly skinny either, but when it's a bump you'll know it's bump rather than belly! Promise! Good luck with your scan today and let us know how is goes :kiss:

Oh fisher, I'm so sorry :hugs: I'm glad he has realised what he has to do though (better late than never, right? At least now you could be on your way to finding out if there is a problem, even if it is not what you had hoped for.

I've just had my scan, and there IS a heartbeat. She said I measure between 6+2 and 6+4, where as I had worked out that the earliest I could possibly be was 6+5, so that was a bit confusing. However she said that everything looks as it should for what it measures, and there is nothing to worry about. She then asked to see me again for another scan in 2 weeks to check I am progressing properly, and if possible to take more time off work.

Why would she say that if everything is fine? I don't know, but I am definitely taking her advice.

SA has officially been 'deposited'
That was a huuuuge step!

Wow, that was quick! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you both. A bit of a milestone I think :) xx

How is everyone?
DH called for his SA results and they said they would get back to him. I scheduled my HSG for TOMORROW, which I wasn't expecting them to get me in but am kind of glad because I'm nervous as I've heard it hurts so bad and this gives me less time to fret.

Eesh, you're right, it does sound painful, but in the long run, if it gives you answers, then it will be worth it. I hope DH get's his SA results soon. It's taken a lot for him to do it in the first place, he doesn't want to have to be waiting too long. When my OH did it, they lost his sample, or something, and he had to do a second one!!!

I agree with you, it's good it is tomorrow...get it over and done with. Let me know how it goes. xxx

Well I survived the HSG and my doctor still hasn't called OH back about his SA results. The old Indian doctor that did the test said everything "looked fine" and asked if it hurt after because I was the quietest patient he's ever had.

All in all about 20-30 min of them explaining what was going to happen and the actual test. It did hurt a good bit but it wasn't as bad as my cramps with my period or as bad as I thought it would be (I get pretty nasty cramps each month though) I did take two aleve beforehand though so I'm sure that helped. Just some cramping and spotting now and copious leakage of dye.

So I spoke too soon because right after I hit send DH called me -positively giddy- having just got off the phone with my doctor. He says his SA results were fantastic and has been doing nothing but making terrible sperm puns since. Lol. "I'll be home in a jizzle" etc. Our deal with the SA was he would do it but he was the one who got to call for the results because he wanted 'time to deal with the answer before I heard it'. She told him normal whatever was 6% and he was 18% and normal count was 35mil and he was 110whatever. The details are lost because he didn't know what any of it meant but he's positively thrilled with himself (and quite hysterically funny actually) and he now admits that he did not save up for three days as instructed but "it miiiight have been 24hours - maybe"

So I guess that's good news! So where's the :bfp: ?!

Ha!!! Such simple things eh?! He should've gone for the SA much sooner, then her would have got that ego boost ages ago! :rofl:

When do you get your results from the HSG?

Maybe now you know his :sperm: should be wearing a superman cape it'll happen?!?! Do you O next week?!? Get plenty of :sex: in!!!

I'm glad you have a bit of good news anyway :hugs:

Yeah I should O sometime in the next week. Traditionally speaking EWCM should start today CD10 but nit yet anyway. Usually O CD16. I had EWCM the day after the HSG so I was a little confused, but then it stopped. I've also ready some comments on here that HSG delayed some people so I'm just hanging out. I'm not temping, I'm trying to quit a bit...

I hope you have been :sex: Fisher!!! Did your EWCM catch up with you? I stopped temping too. I wasn't sure how accurate it was anyway, and it was stressing me out when it fluctuated, which wasn't good for my stress levels!

When will you get your HSG levels back? Soon I hope. It's good to get some answers.

Anyway. Go forth and multiply!!! :rofl: xxx

Well I'm all confuzzled by this cycle. I think I ovulated early. Plus we had a big fight the one night about :sex: on demand. I know, you have such a rough life husband. So I'm not 100% positive since I quit temping, but I think I O'd CD 13 instead of 16 and I'm pretty sure we only got one :sex: in. BUT it was the night of CD 15, so who knows. I was pretty :hissy: about only getting in 1 good shot because I feel like we 'wasted' the potential increase in fertility after the HSG. There's several discussions about it on babynbump plus my doctor said that there is a slight increase in fertility for the 3 cycles after the HSG - theory being it 'cleans the pipes' - so I was pretty miffed he decided it was this cycle that he was going to have such an issue with baby making :sex: as opposed to :sex: for fun. :cry:

The good news, I guess, is that his SA was all good, and my HSG came back 100% clear with no abnormalities... At work they decided that it's now legal for you to look up your own results, so I looked it up and found out Friday and my doctor called me yesterday and left a message with the results and asking me to call her back if we wanted to persue further testing or if we just wanted to keep trying for a while... I haven't called her back because I'm still not sure what to do. I mean if everything is all clear with both of us than it seems like we should keep trying on our own. His equipment is functioning fine and making what it's supposed to, mine is all clear and I think it's functioning fine just because I spent 3 years temping and getting fairly predictable temperature shifts and EWCM. So I don't know? I don't know why it's not working.

I had a sad day at work the other day, I took care of a early 20something girl who had a :bfp: two weeks before but sort of a sketchy period history, so I decided I would try to get heart tones with the dopplar and when I was telling her I was going to try but it would only work if she was >12 weeks, she said "I'm going to die"... I said "what are talking about?" she said "this wasn't planned AT ALL" I said "oh you're going to be fine". I of course, got heart tones. And when the doctor did the exam she actually pulled out the ultrasound because her uterus 'felt' closer to 18 or 20 weeks. Sure enough on our not fantastic ultrasound by the two of us, who are not ultrasound techs by any means... we were even able to see the 4 chamber heart and bones. The girl kept saying she didn't know if she was 'going to keep it' and who could she talk to about getting an abortion. It was awfully hard to listen to. Sometimes work really gets to me, when it comes to TTC.

What a thing to have to go through at work. I know I would find that really hard too. It's hard to remember that not everyone is after the same things in life, but it doesn;t make things easier when she doesn't want something you have been trying to achieve for so long :hugs:

I'm so sorry that DH is being like that all of a sudden. He really needs to realise that there are really only 2 days a month where you can actually get pregnant, so :sex: around that time is paramount!! Tell him he can have all the down time he likes when you actually get preggo!!!

It might be interesting to know that I got pregnant on a freak cycle. I O'd somewhere between 4 and 10 days later than I usually do, and so ours was only a one shot :sex: as it were. I had another scan on Tuesday and my dates have been pushed back AGAIN as the baby is only measuring between 7+4 and 8+3 (I had a crap ultrasound technition!!!). I wont know properly for another 3 and a bit weeks when I have my next scan, but it was definitely an abnormal cycle.

I'm not sure what to say about you 'just trying' for a bit longer. I know you are far more relaxed about this than I was (parly down to your DH), but don't you sometimes think that it's possibly something else? I mean I'm no doctor, and I don't know what it could be, but I think I'd be of the opinion Well, if it's not THAT then find out what it IS!? I guess only you two can decide that.

Anyway. Keep on :sex: It could be easier now if he thinks you have already O'd, but just on the off chance you get a late or a second O like I did :D xxxxx

Congratulations Katie. That is great news!!! Have you got any names sorted?

We are off to tell the in laws tonight. I am NOT looking forward to this!!!!

Good luck Loo!!

The baby's name will be Niall Eoin - we've had it picked out for ages!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->