Due April 09 - UK

Hi Girls!!!

Can I please join your thread? I originally thought I was due on 1st May but after my scan last week I am actually due on 31st April!

So, I got my :bfp: on 18/8/08 at 9 dpo and am due 31/04/09:happydance:

:rofl: What a complete plonker I felt today!

Firstly I gets to my app and this man, yes MAN walked out and introduced himself as the community midwife..well I nearly fell off the chair and he thought my reaction was hilarious. He turned out to be a scouser and was infact really nice!!!
Hes apparently filling in for my normal midwife, Rosie, who is a woman.. (i asked:rofl:)
So we went through the paperwork and was asking me about my scan and what it said my edd was and I proudly announced 'the 31st April' he looked at me like I had 2 heads and then said 'april doesnt have 31 days!!:rofl:' Oh I felt sooooo stoopid, so I declared 'stupid sonographer told me 31st april! and we both laughed, the thing is It wasnt the sonographer it was me that camr eto that conclusion as at my scan he said I was due the end of April.......so go figure...:rofl: I didnt realise there was nt a 31st did I.....

So anyway my due date is 29th April!!! soweee:blush:

oK, EDitted after I put in 29th april in my ticker thing and it came up i am 7w 6d???? thats not right is it? The midwife knew I was 6w 6d from my scan last wed and the sonographer said my edd was 'end of april' is this correct?

LOL - too funny! I'm glad your appt. went well. :)

Midwives aren't common over here (at least they're not well advertised) but the practice I go to has all women, from the nurses to the ob/gyns, to the lab techs - NO men at all. They were awesome during my last pregnancy. I wonder how they got away with not hiring any men? But I'm definitely not complaining! :happydance:

:rofl: how funny

that sounds about right, im due 24th april and im 8 weeks 3 days .. maybe a day or two off.

Hi there. i am not from the UK. I am in Australia. I am due on the 21st April 09. (this is only appox date) i am yet to have my first ultra sound....
Hope it is ok if i post here....
Talk soon

Hey! How's everybody doing? I feel good...but soooo hungry!
Welcome mummy to be!!

Shining_Star of course we can be PG buddies. As you said especially as we are due on the same day and live so close to each other.

Jacqui- I can't believe you got a male MW, i suppose there's no reason why not, but never heard of one. I'd be in shock too if he walked through the door. Glad that he was just standing in for the regular female MW.

Update from me. I've been really hungry the last couple of days, also my skin has really dried out and even peeling in some places. I'm tryiing to drink more water, but there is only so much water you can drink before you have to take up residence in the loo :rofl:

Had a scare this morning. Had a pin sized amount of blood when i wiped this morning, nothing since, but it still panicked me. Really glad i only have until the 26th for the scan.

How's everyone else?

Welcome to Mummy to be, and Laura. Congratulations on the pregnancy and here's to a happy healthy nine well ok a little under months.#

Jacqui, LOL The only male midwife I've seen was on Grey's anatonomy (sp) and I think there was on in holby when they used to do the labour ward bit??? Well I wrote your date down sdo I'm just as daft haha! Didn't even think abt April not having 31 days.

Journey sorry I missed you out hunni was it you I got mixed up with Lu? What can I say it's so much for my little brain to take!

Owo I finally have my scan date and is on the same day, woo hoo! I've not been to chelmsford and having only just moved ehre I have no idea how far it is, I have an exam there on the 8 October though at the essex cricket club!

I think I have updated all the details, speak soon!

Good morning all - not feeling too bad today, a lot less tired than I've been and not as nauseous - woo hoo! I have my next scan scheduled for Oct 1 to do the nuchal translucency test and hopefully everything is ok with my little bean. My next doc appt. is Oct 14. The last one was fine - I had the quickest pap ever, thank God!

Hope everyone is doing well! :hug:

Helllo!!

I still got no sickness! feeling great really!
Glad you havnt been as nauseous journey!

Went and watched my team play netball last night and was very very depressed that I could not play! Im still captain/coach/manager though so at least I still felt part of the team. They won yay!!

Oh is being an absoulte angel with everything, very sweet!

I have my Nuchal Scan next Wednesday and I am very very excited/nervous about it! I cant wait to see my baby again but at the same time I cant stop thinking I have imagined everything (including the early scan at 7 weeks hehe)

Cant believe how quick it is going!! xx

It's getting to an exciting time with everyone having their scans soon.

Shining_star Chelmsford is only about 30 mins from Romford Just head up the A12 from Gallows Corner.

It's getting to an exciting time with everyone having their scans soon.

I know eeeek!! In no time it will be:

It's getting to an exciting time with everyone having their baby!!! hehe!

OWO: Don't drive, so i'll be train-ing (as in railway, hehe sp?) to my exam! hehe.

OWO: Don't drive, so i'll be train-ing (as in railway, hehe sp?) to my exam! hehe.

In that case Train from Romford to Shenfield about 15-20 mins and then change a Shenfield and get a train to Chelmsford (2 stops) about 10 minutes. The Cricket ground is only about a 10-15 minute walk from the station or grab a taxi it's easier :rofl:

All updated, welcome kayley_baby and lyndsey can you give us :bfp: dates and doc/scan app you migh want to publicise. Congratulations on the pregnancies.

Owo; thanks for that I was wondering how far it was from the station.

Hope everyone else is good and bump coming along well.

Love & Hugs

dont have a scan date as of yet tested possitive 1 sept and had it confirmed by the nurse on the 7th :)

Happy 12 weeks to me!!!! YAY!

LOL - Got my scan weds - cant wait xx

Mellllly - Quite a milestone. Congrats. Good luck with your scan next week

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly