Due for the witch on the 30th - anyone to join me in the 2ww?

I am sorry you feel so upset........you are still not out until the witch arrives and she isn't here yet!!! You can implant between 5-10 days after conception and it will take another couple of days to start pee'ing out HCG.......some women are slow HCG risers and get their BFP's way later......so don't be upset hun. Many women get their BFP's after BFNs. :hugs:

:hugs: Thank you, and I'm sorry for having a moan! I think the reason I got so upset is that no matter how much I said I wouldn't, I let myself get my hopes up that I might actually be pg because I was having some symptoms. So now that I have the BFN and my symptoms have started to change, I'm realising it was just a virus after all... and because the symptoms were the only thing giving me hope, I just feel like all that hope has gone now. If that makes sense!
I know you're right and that technically it could still happen... But really, other than having a cold and wishful thinking, I don't feel any different now to any other time the witch has crept up on me. I suppose I'll just have to keep waiting to see. At least this experience might put me off peeing on any more sticks for a while... :dohh:

I am sorry you feel so upset........you are still not out until the witch arrives and she isn't here yet!!! You can implant between 5-10 days after conception and it will take another couple of days to start pee'ing out HCG.......some women are slow HCG risers and get their BFP's way later......so don't be upset hun. Many women get their BFP's after BFNs. :hugs:

:hugs: Thank you, and I'm sorry for having a moan! I think the reason I got so upset is that no matter how much I said I wouldn't, I let myself get my hopes up that I might actually be pg because I was having some symptoms. So now that I have the BFN and my symptoms have started to change, I'm realising it was just a virus after all... and because the symptoms were the only thing giving me hope, I just feel like all that hope has gone now. If that makes sense!
I know you're right and that technically it could still happen... But really, other than having a cold and wishful thinking, I don't feel any different now to any other time the witch has crept up on me. I suppose I'll just have to keep waiting to see. At least this experience might put me off peeing on any more sticks for a while... :dohh:

Definitely don't beat yourself up! 8dpo is early to test! The ones that usually get positives this early are usually off a day or so on their guestimates of when they ovulated. You still have a great chance! And like she said you're not out til the :witch: arrives! Test again in a couple days!! FX'd for you dear!

Well here's two sides of the coin, since I feel what you're going through.

Every month I swear I have different symptoms during the tww! Last month I had spotting on day 6, nausea, cramping, dizziness, back pain, nose bleeds, and food aversions. Then AF came right on time. I knew she was going to arrive when I woke up that morning because my temperature dropped and the cramps came on strong (usually do about 12 hrs ahead of time). So I was out despite all those symptoms.

However, when my BFF got pregnant (on her first try - of course!) she felt nothing except a little dizziness after a roller coaster ride and saw her temps go tri a few days before she was due for AF. That's it. On top of that, she tested at 11 dpo and got a negative. Tested again at 13 dpo and she said it was pretty faint. So you never know.

I have a ton of symptoms and I've never been preg. On the other hand my BFF got preg with barely any symptoms and a BFP on the day AF was due.

That's why I almost think testing before is a waste of money. Because if it's going to be +, you can wait a couple more days and if your AF is late, then you can take a test and find out. If it's going to be -, then you've just saved yourself the $. Just seems like after 7 months of early testing (that's me) I could have saved all that money, even though they're IC and the disappointment of seeing a BFN. If I was preg, I would have found out a couple days later anyway.

Thank you all for your really helpful replies... I know that what you're saying is right and will try not to give up hope totally yet. I think I just had a bit of a wake-up call about not getting so carried away! And in the meantime, I'm going to massively have my fingers crossed for you all that this is your month for a BFP!

How are you all feeling this evening anyway? Anybody feeling really positive or negative about their chances this cycle?

Linz- I think your speech may have almost convinced me to stop POAS...you are soo right!

Hayley- Welcome!

Bump on Brain- dont be so down! You are still in it

I am 6dpo and not feeling much. Some dull aches down there (which I cant recall if its normal before AF or not) and pimples. The only thing maybe kind of weird is the pimples becasue Im one of those lucky girls that NEVER gets them so to have a breakout right now is very unusual to me. Not too optimistic though. Im testing tomorrow and Saturday then Im done...AF is due Monday

Linz- I think your speech may have almost convinced me to stop POAS...you are soo right!

Hayley- Welcome!

Bump on Brain- dont be so down! You are still in it

I am 6dpo and not feeling much. Some dull aches down there (which I cant recall if its normal before AF or not) and pimples. The only thing maybe kind of weird is the pimples becasue Im one of those lucky girls that NEVER gets them so to have a breakout right now is very unusual to me. Not too optimistic though. Im testing tomorrow and Saturday then Im done...AF is due Monday

Haha, sorry about being a grump :haha:
I'm totally with you on Linz's speech though, it really did make we wonder too! I have 3 tests in still so am bound to end up using them but will hopefully have a bit more willpower next month. Otherwise it really is going to end up costing a fortune!

I'm 9dpo now, but don't think I'm due for AF until Sun/Mon based on past cycles... but it could pop up before then. So I think I'll probably be testing with you tomorrow or Thurs and then again on Sunday. After that I'm done too!
Good luck for tomorrow and let us know how you get on!
:dust:

Well I'm trying to convince myself not to also! LOL! At least last month I only tested once early and it was at 11 dpo and the morning of Halloween (we were going to a party that night and I wanted to see if I was good to drink). Right now I have one test in the house. ONE. And if it's a BFN, it means I'll have to eventually go buy more, which is a slippery slope. SO, if I can wait until AF is late, then I won't have to make an extra trip to the store. I don't know what it is, but buying preg tests make me feel like a 13 year old girl buying one and hoping my parent's neighbor doesn't get in line behind me at check out. I mean, jeez, I'm 30 and married. You think I wouldn't be embarrassed to buy one by now! Let alone if I walk up with sixteen boxes of different kinds (right? LOL).

Also, I'm only 8 dpo and I know the chances of getting a + right now are slim to none, so that's helpful in convincing myself not to. We'll see how good my resolve is when I wake up on Thursday (Thanksgiving) and am 10 dpo and headed to see the family. Because according to First Response, 3 days before a missed period something like 80% of women who are pregnant will get a positive... right. (I don't believe that at all!!)

Oh and for symptoms right now at 8 dpo the only thing I've got is sore BBs... which never happens to me. But I've had them since 4 dpo so it's probably not a symptom. In fact this month I've had the fewest symptoms ever in the tww. ::sigh:: My body is never the same from month to month, so it's impossible to tell... I'm convinced.

I agree! From month to month it's different! Enough to make you go crazy!!! I'm currently 7dpo and I'm still having cramping but it's generalized (not one sided like most) and sore bb's. I am a POAS addict so of course I tested this morning (even though I promised myself and hubby I wouldn't) BFN but I kinda expected that! I was hoping like you Bump that I would miraculously get an EARLY BFP but I was let down :)

I won't test again until Friday (Like my doctor said!!!) *But then again, who am I kidding??*

:)

SO, if I can wait until AF is late, then I won't have to make an extra trip to the store. I don't know what it is, but buying preg tests make me feel like a 13 year old girl buying one and hoping my parent's neighbor doesn't get in line behind me at check out.

:haha: Me too!! What is with that!?!

We'll see how good my resolve is when I wake up on Thursday (Thanksgiving) and am 10 dpo and headed to see the family. Because according to First Response, 3 days before a missed period something like 80% of women who are pregnant will get a positive... right. (I don't believe that at all!!)

Let us know how you get on on Thursday if your resolve does break! You could always pick up the one for later in the week from the store on your way to see your family... :blush: :winkwink:

I agree! From month to month it's different! Enough to make you go crazy!!! I'm currently 7dpo and I'm still having cramping but it's generalized (not one sided like most) and sore bb's. I am a POAS addict so of course I tested this morning (even though I promised myself and hubby I wouldn't) BFN but I kinda expected that! I was hoping like you Bump that I would miraculously get an EARLY BFP but I was let down :)

I won't test again until Friday (Like my doctor said!!!) *But then again, who am I kidding??*

:haha: Should I wish you look for tomorrow morning then Haley? :haha:
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one... I can feel myself caving for tomorrow morning already, although I'm going to try to hold out until Thursday. It is frighteningly addictive to POAS!! I think it's that thought of "I wonder whether I would get a positive now..."

:haha: Should I wish you look for tomorrow morning then Haley? :haha:
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one... I can feel myself caving for tomorrow morning already, although I'm going to try to hold out until Thursday. It is frighteningly addictive to POAS!! I think it's that thought of "I wonder whether I would get a positive now..."

Haha!! I totally agree! What's sad is these companies are making large amounts of money on us POAS! And I'm sure there is more people out there like us :)

I promise I'll try(keyword is TRY) to hold out til Friday!! :dohh:

Let us know how you get on on Thursday if your resolve does break! You could always pick up the one for later in the week from the store on your way to see your family... :blush: :winkwink:

LOL! You are SUCH an enabler! (I love it):laugh2:

Hey girlies :) So glad to see so many lovely ladies are here to wait it out! Let's make it a lucky thread...

So 5dpo, sore bbs, less pain in my nunny and pretty much nothing else. I stood up and felt all faint earlier but doubt that's anything.

coastgirl - may I ask why you were milking cows?? lol xxxx

Well apparantly it help you get pregnant!!............only kidding........We are dairy farmers, well my husband was first I have joined in, I am a nurse too!!

No real symptoms still, boobs are fine they are much less sore in general since taking EPO........dont feel like AF is lurking either..maybe a little hungrier but I get hungry when I am upset (re: pregnant young bro and his GF) I am doing slimming world at the moment and totally blew this weeks diet when found out the news on Sunday. :-(

xxx

Hahaha :) I bet that's awesome. I helped birth a cow last spring. It was amazing!

When I'm stressed I don't eat, which ticks OH off a load. I tried slimming world last year and loved it :) But I think you're entitled to a few days off, that's enough of a blow to warrant comfort food sweetie! xx

Loving this thread so much. You ladies are awesome :)

Welcome Haley :flower:

I've always waited to test until I'm late - which saves money and makes sure that if I'm gonna get my positive it's there on a stick in front of me waiting! So to you girlied who have tested early, keep your chin up - hope's not out yet!!!

So symptoms of the day other than minor dizziness are on/off sore nipples and major tiredness!

OH cooked me dinner tonight and gave me a massage and also said that whenever I become pregnant he will treat me like a god! Best hurry up with the bfp then I guess. FX for a lucky thread! Earliest I will be testing is the 30th ;)

I'm due on the 30th as well :)
BAAAHHH But I've not waited to test. I test every day like a freak!!!!

Doodah, they say the #1 early preg symptom is fatigue, so that's a good sign! Of course I'm tired all the time (a nap sounds great right now and it's 6 pm!) so I'm not sure what the difference will be when I get a BFP, but sounds good for you! fx'd!

No real changes here today! BB are still sore, but I did have a dizzy spell today, which I never get!! :wacko:

Not feeling to optimistic! Just feel like it's not my month:nope: NOt sure why, probably just my emotions going crazy!!

How is everyone feeling??

It's soo hard not to test early when there is one in the house! So this month I didn't buy any! Seeing that I used too many last month:dohh:
I will do my best to hold out till the 30th!
Good luck to those testing in the next couple days!! Stay strong to those who are trying to hold out!!

Thanks for the pep talk linz!!:winkwink:
Hope you feel better bump.on.brain!!:flower:

Can I join u Ladies?? :) 5dpo & just been really achy and horrible back pains!!

Linz - :haha: thanks!! That's one of the nicer things I've been called :winkwink:

Doodah - thank you for starting this thread, it really is fantastic! Fingers crossed your symptoms are leading to a BFP, I think I could learn to live with being treated like a God!

I'm really hoping that everyone on this thread gets there BFP!! :dust:

I started to get cramps last night very similar to the ones I get in the run up to AF, and as you know wasn't feeling particularly optimistic after convincing myself I just had a virus causing my symptoms. I still did a FMU test this morning though (10 dpo) with FRER and I think I may have actually just got a BFP... :happydance: :wacko:
Even though it's fainter than the test line there's definitely a second pink line!! I'm a little bit shell-shocked and can't quite believe it so am going to head over to pregnancy test forum in a minute to see what people think, but I wanted to let all of you lovely ladies know first - I hope you don't mind me posting it on here!

Sending everybody as much dust as possible and hoping that this is it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"