Due March 09 Pregnancy Buddies

Have a great night tonight Lolly ...
Theres no displays here tonight as they had them last weekend :) .

Sooo glad the scan went well Louise hun :) .
I have everything crossed you have a girl logie hun . xxxxxx .

My scan is on the 14/11 tiggertea, so excited I am almost peeing myself :rofl:

I agree about not paying claire, we are lucky that there is a prviate scan place in Warrington, not far, that do the sexing scan for free if the NHS doesn't work out for you!! How cool is that! So we should find out anyway.

Great names girls, Roman & Noah are lovely, nice & original!! Abbie is lovely too - I have Ruby Victoria, Leila Grace Victoria & Ava Victoria for my little princess....('victoria' is after my Auntie who passed away early in the year, I told my Mam & Uncle if I had a girl she would have Victoria as her middle name).

Can I just ask your opinion on one of the names???

MM I know you little girl is called Layla and I love the name but I wanted to spell mine 'Leila' - My sister and Mam think its pronounced 'leela' because of the way its spelt....If you saw 'Leila' written down - does it read 'Layla' to you guys????

Congrats on blue bump Louiselou!!

Great news on results Logie & Claire :hugs:

I like Laura Rachel Logie - OH wanted Rachel for our LO's middle name (after his Gran - but I'd already said it would be Victoria after my Auntie - for this one anyway- maybe Rachel for the next LO's mid name lol!!)

Enjoy the fireworks tonight girls....

Liz
xx

Noooooooo its spelt the way you did it hun .. I know a friend of a friend kind of thing who has a daughter called leila , And we pronounce hers leela :) ... I think its lovely Ohh just checked your post again ooops , Sorry hun i would think leela not layla . xx .

Can i ask your advice tonight Ladies , I have a real strange tough situation and need some advice .
I have been trying to trace my Dad since we lost touch when i was 12 !! , Tonight out of the blue we noticed a name in the death section in the paper ..
Its my dads Niece my cousin Chelsea (I met her a few times) .. She was only 17 and died in a car crash (Such a sad situation) .

Now it says where her funeral his held etc , Now i would give anything to see my dad and family again But i know deep down this is not the time or place to do it .. I dont know what to do ??? . My mum suggested i send a card , But iam noty sure if it will be seen or if i dare to leave my contact deatils in a car .. Ohhh gosh i dont know what to do .

ooooh not long now logie! just over a week! wooo :happydance:

enjoy bonfire night everyone!

mm - i dunno what to advise you hun - i guess you have to do what you think is right.... good luck :hugs:

wanababy - if i saw Leila I would say "leela" soz if that's not the answer you'd hoped for!!!

everyone else who had news - yay you! (i can't remember all the things i was supposed to have said - baby is seriously eating my brain!!!!)

thanks to everyone for the reassurance with our chosen names! i know my inlaws will hate them but it's not their choice!

Lovely names everyone!! :D

Like Debz, I am having problems keeping up with everyone's scan news etc, I'm sorry! :blush: But congratulations to all those with good news!! :D ...Still can't believe we're having a son!!

MM - That's really tricky... if you're really not comfortable going to the funeral, I think the card does sound like a good option though. And though there is no guarentee it'll be seen, at least you'll know you've tried :hugs:

Goodmorning!!!My 2nd trimester scan is on 26! 20 days to go!

MM that is tricky, is there not someone on that side of family you can speak to about it? i havent seen my dad for years but he can get in touch with me and doesnt bother so he isnt worth my time! and he wont ever see or be grandfather to my baby! i have a step-dad who will be 'pops'. so im probably not the best person to ask lol im bitter about all that sort of thing!!!

i have put on 12lb so far, i dont know if thats good or bad! but i nearly have a viable baby, god forbid it came early, but at least i would know it would have a chance!!

4 weeks until my 4D scan... cant wait!!! see wot my little bubby looks like, see if it has daddys features or mummys!! wow!!!

on a downside to things at the moment, my sister split with her partner of 7 years end of last year/beginning of this year because he cheated on her with one of her best friends, her 'friend' had a baby yesterday (my sister's ex's) and i think its really hurting my sister (she is very soft and shy and hasnt really coped so well with everything, this man was her life and she was waiting for the proposal and kids with him herself then this happened!) this woman has 3 kids by 3 different men, she done it on purpose for money i believe. im sooo angry and worried about my sister :( i lived with her and her ex for 2 years (in the same house but my own flat) so im very close to my sister and actually want to kill this cow for what she has done!

sorry for the rant!! needed to get it out! xx

Katie that is awful for your sis I bet she is hurting inside. What a cow that "friend" is!!

I haven't gained any weight so far. I go up a pound and then lose it again. So far I am 6lb lighter than when I had my booking in app at 9 weeks!! So I'm pleased. Being diabetic I have to watch my weight really carefully too!

Only 8 days to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:happydance::happydance::happydance:

MM- With regards your father, I would leave the funeral well alone but maybe send a small note in a card for your father not relating to the funeral. I mean don't send a sympathy card but a plain one and maybe wait a couple of weeks after the funeral to send it too. It is your choice and I hope you are happy with what ever decision you make hun :hugs:

Wanababy I would say leela too so I would spell it Layla like MM's little girl. I adore that name but my dh doesn't! Huff lol

Thanks for the advice Girls , I wish i could speak to some one on that side of the family but havent seen any of them since i was 12 ...
I think i will stay away from the funeral , Even thwo iam yearning to see all my family again a funeral isnt the place for a reunion . I cannot believe after years of searching thow i find them in such bad circumstances .. I read the story last night Poor chelsea dies in a car crash 3 weeks after she passed her test at only 17 such a tragedy .

After a long conversation with my Mum and OH last night , I have decided to send some flowers to the funeral , Then a few weeks later send a blank card to the address listed in the story with my details for my Dad to find me . xxxxxxxxxxx .

Hope every one is havinga good day . xxx .

thats a very good plan MM, some flowers and then a card in a few weeks, give family time to grieve etc.

Hope it all works out for you xxx

Sounds like you have made the right choice to me MM. I'm happy that you have found them but it is such sad circumstances isn't it :hugs:

Having a crappy day todayas my boys have been really hard work. I never say my boys are naughty they are just so demanding some days and when you are tired anyway it feels so much worse doesn't it? :sleep:

Evening!

Mm,I would say the same as the others, send a card to the address in a couple of weeks time, give them a bit of space....Your Mums' idea was a lovely one. I think you noteced Chelseas' name for a reason..fate and all that!

Katie I hope you sister is ok...what a horrible friend" she has...

Logie, hope your boys are asleep now and you have some peace!!

Wanababy I would pronounce Leila Layla if that makes sense... Leila Williams used to present Blue Peter didn't she and she was spelt Leila and pronounced Layla....

Fireworks were fab!!! Christmas next!!:rofl:

Can I just ask, has anyone else got to have an anti d injection or had one in the past? do they hurt!???!!!

They have changed the policy on anti-d in my hospital this year and in the past I have only had to have it when I have had bleeding in the pregnancy and then after birth if the baby is a positive blood group. Now they recommend the profalactic anti-d at 28 or 34 weeks for all expectant resus neg mums so I am booked for mine on 9th Jan. It does hurt as they do it imn the top of your bum!! Right at the top so in my case there isn't much fat there and it chuffing kills. It only lasts for about 5 mins though but you will be rubbing for it for a while after that too!! If that makes sense. Don't wanna scare you as it is only an injection and there are far worse things to come with child birth :rofl: Just preparing you!!

:(
i have to have the injections too. i don't even want another baby, so I don't have to, I am just too fertile though so I think better safe than sorry.

they do it in your arm now!! doesnt hurt as much as leg/bum!! i have to have my anti d in december and january!! I had to have one after my miscarriage in November and they had changed it to arm as 'a lot of women have fat legs and bums and it needs to go into the muscle' lol

xxx

I had one in May after my m/c and it was my bum, has it changed since then Katie??

oh righters, I still wear nice pants just in case, but be weary of the arm thing because I am left handed and once I had an injection and she launched a surprise attack and injected my left arm and it hurt to do anything that day :(

Thanks guys...I'm glad I'm not the only one who has to have it..it helps to know you are going thru the same thing!!! I'll buy new knickers just in case!!!!:rofl:

Jms895

As asked i am just forwarding what i put in second tri about fellow march buddy Jms895, weird not seeing her posts about for so long....

Sends apologies of her absence lately on the boards but poor love sounds busy busy beee with the dawgs and all the exams going on so we forgive you!!!
Just to show we haven't forgotten about you either missy, hopefully she can get back to us as soon as everythings settled down a bit and when the broadband finally works. Stupid tinterweb getting in the way of our addictions!!!

She said:.................

"just managed to get on here at work whilst no one is looking for 5 mins! Been off here a month......Been shattered, puppies are hard work, exam went ok but broadband is off at home so not been on - am getting withdrawl symptoms.... Please post to all for me in 2nd Tri and March due dates apologies, broadband should be back on next week so hope to be on as usual then!! Missing everyone and hope you are all well and nice and fat like me ) xxxx"

Hope to be reading your posts this time in a week or so hun and can't wait to find out if your lil bumpino is :blue: or :pink: . xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->