Due March 09 Pregnancy Buddies

must have been an emotional day MM.

Hope you're ok logie?

I'm gonna have a little rant now, and it's gonna make me seem like a really horrible person but please don't hold it against me!!!

Ok, so Mathew's cousin announced today that his wife is pregnant..... I really hope all goes well etc and I'd never wish them anything but happiness with the baby, but i know it's just coz we are having our bubs.
How do I know this?
Well, we got engaged on Fri, Nov 25th 2005. The word was spread that night. The next afternoon, news came round that his cousin was now engaged too.....
We had our wedding in October 07, they planned theirs after seeing what we had done and got married in June 08.
Now we announce we're having a baby, and they announce the same a few months later..... everything MAthew has ever done or achieved in his life, this cousin has to muscle in on it and try and steal his thunder! It's just soooo frustrating coz, as a couple, they don't even really "fit" if that makes sense?

I'm sure that makes me seem really horrible, but like i said, now the baby is there, i really hope everything goes well for them.

Hope your OK MM, must have been hard for you :hugs:

Just tell everyone you are emigrating to new zealand tig. That would get rid of the cousin, they'd go off and live somewhere far away just to be like you. Oh dear. Looks like I'm a worse person than you are :p

Just tell everyone you are emigrating to new zealand tig. That would get rid of the cousin, they'd go off and live somewhere far away just to be like you. Oh dear. Looks like I'm a worse person than you are :p

:rofl: what a great idea bean!!!

Hope them 3 sleeps go quick hun :) ...
Hope little one gets better soon , Theese soddin colds doing the round on everyone its awfull . xxxx .

Thank you for your kind thoughts girls . xx .

Very true what a great way to look at it :) .

Iam getting excited for Xmas , Were a bit skint and so OH said he cannot get me a suprise as i would notice money going lol ... Well last week £100 over the space of 3 weeks has gone missing !! . And i did kind of hint i would love a ds lite (I swear iam a big kid lol) ... So i have a funny feeling i will get that xmas day .. I dont know if iam mad OH spent a large amount of money on one thing or super excited to get such a lovely gift lol poor OH cannot win either way . xxxxxxx .

wooo! fingers crossed you get what you're after mm!
i would be happy he 1. listened when you spoke about the ds lite :rofl: and 2. has been sneaking money out on the quiet so as to "surprise" you on xmas morning. soooo sweet.

Oh MM we are the same, we don't have a lot of money and watch the bank account like hawks so I notice everything he spends. I have a DS anyway and it is amazing! I love playing Tetris and Brain Academy! Addictive little games and get's me away from the kids for an hour :rofl:

As for your DH's cousin bean I would feel exactly the same hun. Family rivalries are awful and you just end up feeling bitter. But don't worry, your baby will cuter and far better behaved :rofl:

Debz, sorry Matthew's cousin is a jerk - I agree about the 'we're moving to New Zealand' plan!! Sounds promising...!

Hope we're having good weeks ladies! :D

Feel much better now you all agree that I'm not being a complete b1tch....
DH laughed sooooo much when I told him we were gonna "move to new zealand"!

Hi Girls,

Hope you are all well?
Sounds like an emotional day MM but at least you made you presence felt by sending card and flowers, showed you cared....:hugs: Debz, Sorry Oh's cousin feels he has to steal your thunder all the time thats not nice at all but some ppl are naturally like that and cant deal with others getting on and having a happy life,

We are kinda skint too as Oh lost his job and hasnt got anything else as yet so it will be a lean xmas for us, Not long for your scan now Logie, hope all goes well and bubs plays ball and lets u see what sex is....:)....:hugs:
My littliest one has a rotten cold just now looks like a snot monster its really gross, so its bound to do the rounds of the house as long as its all past by xmas as i dont want it on xmas day.
Taking the kids to see santa and for our xmas lights being put on on Sunday so hope its a nice day for that.

Take care all :hugs::hugs:

Claire xx

Goodmorning!!!! It's a beautiful sunny day here and I'm so happy! I took some blood results today they're veeerrryyy good and I'm sooo pleased. I was very anxious but finally everything went fine!!14 days to go until 2nd trim. scan!!

Afternoon everyone!!!

MM so glad you sent a card and flowers and that you saw the funeral(in the nicest sort of way)...you would have felt like you should have done something if you hadn't. good luck on your DS lite!!! My Ds has got one and I love the My Sims game!!!

Tiggertea I would feel EXACTLY the same as you....Just tell yourselves they must be jealous of you guys cos they are trying to copy everything you do...

Littlebee congrats on your blue bump!!!!Have you been spending yet???!!!!!

Lots of christmassy things going on now!!!! 43 days to go!!!! AAAGGGGHHHH!!! Mind you after christmas we are all on countdown!!:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Have a nice afternoon everyone:hugs:

Dur! I am such a muppet!! Lolly, when you said 'after Christmas we are all on countdown' I thought you meant you were going on the chanel 4 programme!! :blush:

Flying to Mexico 4 weeks today, getting married 5 weeks today! I am soooooooo excited!! :happydance:

wooooo! hadn't realised the big day was so soon lucy! it will fly in - such an exciting time! will you be back before xmas then?

Wow you are getting married in Mexico! How cool hun. Have you checked your flight insurance for how far along you'll be as some airlines can be right arses about it all. Hope everything goes well and your plans are all sorted, that sounds so amazing!

I can't wait until after Christmas this year lol. I have a feeling this will be a Feb baby for me and it won't be a suprise if it is but I don't miss out on the March club :rofl:

I keep thinking "I wonder who will go first" and "I wonder who will go prem" etc etc. It is so exciting don't you think?

Dur! I am such a muppet!! Lolly, when you said 'after Christmas we are all on countdown' I thought you meant you were going on the chanel 4 programme!! :blush:

Flying to Mexico 4 weeks today, getting married 5 weeks today! I am soooooooo excited!! :happydance:

:rofl: Golly I hope not! I doubt I could spell my name without a spell checker :dohh:

Been sunny today so I have been in a better mood, OH has been very nice and looking into what to buy the baby to ease my panicing and I felt all excited again :baby:

Plus, I have a new e shop to set up and I'm excited about that.And my dreamgenii pillow has come. Though amazon don't seem to want to tell me where my last package has got too it's gone awol :( I want my books!!!

Things that cause me heartburn today:All Food. And most drinks.

:wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo:

We has internets!

:wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo:

That was the longest 12 days of my whole life!!! Thank you for the texts of concern, it helped me feel connected to the world during a very dark time!

So we are all moved and getting unpacked and settled in our lovely new home. The work to the house is still not finished though, we are waiting for a few electrical things to be finished and still no one has fitted the hood over the oven. But builder, electrician and joiner are all due to turn up tomorrow to finish off.

We have lost one of our cats. He was never much of an indoor cat and on the fifth night in the new house with him getting more and more distressed with each night we relented and let him go outside, he has not been back since (1 week) :cry: well, we've been leaving food outside and someone has been eating it, but it might not be him.

I also got some devastating family news the night we moved, which I won't go into here, but it has made for a very difficult couple of weeks, emotionally. The future looks very bleak now, certainly financially and it has put a serious downer on what was meant to be a wonderfully positive life change (moving). Rest assured that me, hubby and bubs are all fine.

Hubby felt bubs kicking for the first time last night! :happydance: The kicks have been getting stronger over the weeks but I had been trying not to call hubby and get his hand on every time I felt something as he was getting frustrated at not being able to feel anything. But last night I could tell the kicks were A LOT stronger and hubby was cuddling me anyway and he got a right good whollop in the middle of his hand! He is delighted, so am I :cloud9:

I went to register at the doctor today, saw the practice nurse and ante-natal doctor, am seeing midwife next week. I got to listen to the heart beat again, which I do love and am being booked into my hospital of choice - which is the fifth closest but the best in the region! :happydance:

Will get all caught up on the thread now, hope everyone is well :)

Holly

Welcome back Shifter! Sorry you had some bad news hun - hope things haven't been too stressful for you :hugs:

Don't worry - we are insured up to the eyeballs, as is the baby, just in case! I'm seeing my MW once more before we go, so although I'm 27 weeks when we fly back (most airlines let you fly up to 28 weeks without a letter from your GP) I'm going to get a note from her anyway, again, just in case. We're back on Christmas day, and hopefully will have enough money left over to go for a nice lunch in the restaurant up the road! :D Don't think I'll be in the mood to cook a great big lunch after an 11 hour flight... *shudder*

Bean - what is your dream genie pillow like? - you have to review it for us!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->