Due March 09 Pregnancy Buddies

I am glad you decided to pop over here Dee hun :) .
Was thinking of you lots when you was in hospital , And sooo glad Harley has stayed put for now .

Were allways gassing about things in here lol.

Ohhhhh and Katie hun , Only 8 days untill our 4D scans , Are you getting excited ? . I cannot wait , After my stressfull day its my positive thing to talk and think about :) .

I need some advice today girls too , I have a posh party to go to on the 7th !, Iam petrefied its my OHs Grandma i have only met her once before as my oh isnt close to that side of the family ! .
Iam wondering what light talk do i make when there , Iam a what you see is what you get girl lol ... Iam worried i will say something out of turn ! , Normally i wouldnt give two pennys what any one thought .. But theres lots of snobby family going so want to b e well behaved if i can HaHaHaHa .
So what good light hearted conversations can i strike up girls ! ,Ohhhh and my Ohs dad informed us no one knows we are expectinga again !!! gosh that will be fun lol . xxxx .

I am glad you decided to pop over here Dee hun :) .
Was thinking of you lots when you was in hospital , And sooo glad Harley has stayed put for now .

Were allways gassing about things in here lol.

Ohhhhh and Katie hun , Only 8 days untill our 4D scans , Are you getting excited ? . I cannot wait , After my stressfull day its my positive thing to talk and think about :) .

I need some advice today girls too , I have a posh party to go to on the 7th !, Iam petrefied its my OHs Grandma i have only met her once before as my oh isnt close to that side of the family ! .
Iam wondering what light talk do i make when there , Iam a what you see is what you get girl lol ... Iam worried i will say something out of turn ! , Normally i wouldnt give two pennys what any one thought .. But theres lots of snobby family going so want to b e well behaved if i can HaHaHaHa .
So what good light hearted conversations can i strike up girls ! ,Ohhhh and my Ohs dad informed us no one knows we are expectinga again !!! gosh that will be fun lol . xxxx .

Hmm, tricky one. Baby chat is probably a good idea, as long as you steer clear of any gory details. Keep it to plans for the nursery and so on. Biggest tip I have for polite conversation is to NOT complain! Talk about work, family, whatever, but make it all sound great! :rofl:

If you want to get serious you could always talk about the economy or the recent events in Mumbai, but only if the company you're in seems receptive. Local news (another post office closed, a new wind farm being built, that kind of thing) is usually good, but remember that elderly relatives will always complain about change. You can either take their side for decorum's sake, or gently express a more contemporary view ;-)

I am excited for my scan, not long at all!! wow!!

toughie about the family party!! i normally just keep quiet when i dont know what to say, and never drink (not that we can at the moment) because i get a loose tongue when im drunk lol!! baby is always going to be a positive subject!! just follow their lead... you will be fine!

xx

MM sorry to hear about the crash! :hugs:
Bet you girls cant wait for the 3d scan? :lol: I got to wait until the 23rd Dec but will be a nice thing to watch with the family Xmas day!
MM I normally talk about cooking and recipes to older people and that always works! Oh and politics :lol: xx
Take care all - going Ikea tonight cant wait see if I can find anything for the nursery

Morning. So far as talking to the olds is concerned, I just steer away from religion and politics and try and keep away from health but I'm going to hear the gross details of thier many many illnesses anyway. Basically noone in my family bothers to live that long so it's just jims grandparents. One nan is nice, the others are not interested in me anyway, so rarely bother to talk to me.

They were the ones that smelt funny and that was the only time I felt sick my whole pregnancy, lol, so conversation was not so much an issue as just refraining from hurling on them.

Morning. So far as talking to the olds is concerned, I just steer away from religion and politics and try and keep away from health but I'm going to hear the gross details of thier many many illnesses anyway. Basically noone in my family bothers to live that long so it's just jims grandparents. One nan is nice, the others are not interested in me anyway, so rarely bother to talk to me.

They were the ones that smelt funny and that was the only time I felt sick my whole pregnancy, lol, so conversation was not so much an issue as just refraining from hurling on them.

:rofl:

Lol Bean i giggled so hard i nearly wet myself lol.

Thanks girls lots of suggestions there :) , I am going to repeat to myself over and over in my head on that night "If you have nothing nice to say , Keep your mouth shut" lol . xxxx .

MM They are bound to ask about baby...then let them take the lead!! They are bound to want to tell you about themsleves too!!! If any have kids theres a link there... Like the others said steer clear of politics!!!:rofl: From what I know of you on here you will be fine. :hug:
DippyDee lets hope Harley stays in you a bit longer yet. at least you are ready though if he comes early now..
Is everyone else really tired this week?? I just want my bed all tehe time at the moment!!!:sleep:

My energy levels are a bit better actually Lolly. Hope you pick up soon :hug: although this weekend I expect to get thoroughly drained as we're visiting my MIL.

So there is a) the drive (about four hours each way), b) no alone time (which I cherish), c) sleeping squished in a single bed with hubby :dohh: d) the clutter *shudder*. You know those houses on shows like Cash in the Attic where the people are serious hoarders and you can't move for stacks of junk in every room? Well that's what my MIL's house is like :cry: I hate it, it really stresses me out.

And worst of all... no B&B until Monday :cry:

We're setting off at 5 this evening. So have good weekends everyone *wave*

Glad you popped in Dippy dee. I might turn out to be a feb mum yet as I usually go a month early and that would put me at 26th Feb but I am holding on for 9th March section date
Yesterday I had my diabetic check up and the Dr was really pleased with me and today I had an ante natal! I have scans booked for Christmas Eve, 9th Jan and 27th Jan. So 2 weekly for a while and then we shall see.

I am an expert at Gluconse Tolerance Tests MM. Being Type 2 diabetic I know all about it and sugars etc. If you want to ask anything you can pm me hun xxx

Ugh. Don't want to go to MIL's this weekend :-( just finished packing our bags, but really would rather stay at home. Posted in 2nd tri about trauma of it all. Am a bit weepy about it now, but have to snap out of it. It won't be that bad, we're going to collect our pram tomorrow morning - there's the silver lining!

Awwwwww thanks Lolly :).
Iam hoping it will go well , sure it will .

I had a fright tonight !! , Had my daughter crying and everything . The hamster looked dead :( , It wasnt moving but slightly breathing . We all cried i cradled it in my arms and dressing gown saying bye .... And the cheeky thing jumped up and started running around HAHAHAHAAAA . It was hibernating so my nanna tells me lol .

Glad every one is well .

Glad to see you have some energy Holly :) .Hope weekend at mil goes well . xxxx .

Hi Girls,

Hope you are all ok gz to all who have had scans welcome to all those new and apologies for all ive missed been having serious computer probs so finding it difficult to get on so am way behind and so out of touch with whats going on.
Ive reached 24 weeks and am so pleased about that :happydance:.
if ive missed anything important please fill me in and i hope that my comp problems are over so i dont keep missing out.

:hug::hug::hug:

Hope your weekend goes well Shifter and MM hamsters do hibernate if the temp is right etc. Try feeding it more and keep it in a warmer place and it shouldn't do it again lol.

congrats on reaching 24 weeks Claire xxx

well ladies, hope you're all well.....

i had my consultant appt today and all went well. he explained a little more about the extra fluid in baby's kidneys and it seems there REALLY is nothing to worry about :yipee:

also, he asked if we wanted to know if we are blue or pink.....

you know all i could say? "I DON'T KNOW!!!" so he said he wasn't gonna tell us coz that was enough for him to know that if i was really honest, i didn't want to know! hehehehe

Congrats on becoming VIABLE Claire!! :hugs: xx

Hope you are all well girls - I hope your little visit to MIL's isn't too bad Shifter!

:hugs:

Liz
xx

Hi ladies, just wondering if anyone else hasn't got a text buddy yet? I've made a thread but no-one's responded so thought I'd try in here.

Free to a good home HEARTBURN, one previous owner now not wanted so thought i'd offer it on here. :rofl:

Sorry Dee not taking that from you , Nice thought but chocolate would be more apreciated lol lol lol ....

Again today iam one proud mummy :) , Layla finally got her dance outfit fully today and tried it all in she looked amazing awwwwww .

Loving x factor what i have seen of the catch up , As i missed most at work .

I really like ruth this week . xxxx .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->