Due March 09 Pregnancy Buddies

Yeah, well done Dippy. It's not easy to come back from that.

Am annoyed. When we left Bristol we arranged for a charity to collect our old 3 piece suite. The earliest they could collect was three weeks after we moved. I went ahead and booked the collection, saying that we would have vacated the property and to ring me if there was a problem. I found out yesterday that they didn't take the damn suite! It has now been sat outside our house for a week and a half getting wet and probably pissed on by every passing cat, dog and fox! So I rang to complain.

They're saying I should have had someone check it had been collected right away, that it was my responsibility, but I had specifically told them to ring me if there was a problem! The guy I spoke to just now was completely unapologetic and I got really upset about it. He said they couldn't take it as it was "a bit grubby"! Last I saw it was fine and it was only outside one night prior to the collection, I was advised when I booked it that that wouldn't be a problem! :hissy:

What am I supposed to do about it from here?!

Hubby is going to try and see if anyone he knows has access to a van so they can take it to the tip for us. But I don't think he'll find anyone. I am so cross. We will probably have to pay someone to dispose of it, which is really not what we need right now.

And to top it off, we are trying to let our old house. What a great first impression for viewers! A skanky old sofa etc outside the front door! :hissy:

Katie congrats on being in 3rd tri!!! Scary now!!!!

Mm glad the dentist worked out what was wrong with Layla....mouth ulcers do hurt bless her...hope it goes soon..:hugs: Films under a duvet on a Sunday afternoon sounds like bliss to me!!!

so glad your weekend was good Shifter...Bet it made you really excited to "practice" on your nephew!!!

My xmas do was a nightmare...We took 3 hours to get there on a coach. we had to go via Southampton which was the wrong way to start with... when we got there we thought there would be a meal... they gave a sandwiches and crisps!!! AND what topped it off there were no chairs!!! After 2 hours one of the Regional Managers got me a stool!!! We got home at 2am and I'm knackered...bump is aching too. So I'm on here instead of doing housework today!!! been to Tesco and had a lovely big lunch!!!Rant over!!!
I missed celebrity...did Timmy get knocked out too????Oh please let it be David next...I'm gonna try and stay awake tonight to watch it!:rofl:

Hello All,

Shifter, it sounds as if you had a similar weekend to me, I was also visiting mil, and a new nephew who is 6 weeks old. I had forgotten how small babies are, and so fragile too.
It got me quite excited.

So Katie, if you are in 3rd Tri and congrats for that, then does it mean that I am too!!!!!!! OMG, TIME IS FLYING BY.

:hug:

Hope everyone is feeling well and not working too hard,

Shimmy,
xxx

Yes shimmy you are in thrid tri hun! Wow you didn't even notice pmsl! You must be busy hun xxx

aw shifter, here you can get the council to take away large items for about £25 pounds, maybe they have a scheme like that if you can't find anyone? We booked ours online when we moved. That's really shoddy of them. I would have prolly just freecycled it before they left if they are going to be like that. idiots.

aw shifter, here you can get the council to take away large items for about £25 pounds, maybe they have a scheme like that if you can't find anyone? We booked ours online when we moved. That's really shoddy of them. I would have prolly just freecycled it before they left if they are going to be like that. idiots.

Precisely, if they had actually called me to let me know they weren't able to take it then I could have arranged to give it to someone else, probably via Freecycle. But now it will be ruined from 10 days outside. Grr.

Ironically, the local council do collect bulky waste, up to 3 items (which is how many there are) for £15... but it's through this same charity! Nice of the guy I spoke to earlier to mention it as an alternative. No. He was completely void of suggestions of what I could do with the suite. I had an idea in mind of what he could do with it, but didn't voice it to him.

Ironically, the local council do collect bulky waste, up to 3 items (which is how many there are) for £15... but it's through this same charity! Nice of the guy I spoke to earlier to mention it as an alternative. No. He was completely void of suggestions of what I could do with the suite. I had an idea in mind of what he could do with it, but didn't voice it to him.

I'll add him to my git hit list along with amazon customer services, the tax office and the 5 complete *******s that have bought things off me but won't pay, or even respond to my emails, because they don't cosider me a human with feelings, and they don't give a shit they are wasting my time.

omg i need a rant!

ok so remember how i said my hours had been cut and i was worried about how it would affect my maternity pay? well, had got all that sorted and they had agreed to help me out by letting me do my normal hours for the sake of a couple of weeks....

just had the boss fone me on my day off and practically shout at me down the phone about why i was in extra hours and that this week it wasn't possible and not to be putting pressure on my manager coz she hadn't been well lately. I mean - fair enough, poor her, not well but this is something that will affect me for the next year!!!

He was so rude to me i just said "ok no problem whatever suits you, i'll worry about my own situation, now i have things to do. bye" and hung up. i then sat down and cried :blush: i do that when i'm cross!!!

sorry for yet another rant girlies but hubby is still at work and is likely to throw a complete wobbler if i tell him the latest instalment! xx

Oh no Debz! :hugs: What a rotten git. Another one for Bean's hit list :rofl: I don't know what to suggest really hun, other than talking to him when you're next in and perhaps gently asking why he changed his mind again about your hours. I hope you sort it out.

I started putting up our xmas decorations and found a section of the tree lights that isn't working :-/ Have fiddled with the bulbs to see if one was loose, but they're all fine. It also appears that none of them have "gone" either, so why they would not be working is a mystery to me.

Debz, he is added. He will feel the full force of my pregnant hormonal rage. I'm busy forming small wax dolls as we speak.............

thanks you two!

what's annoying me though is the fact that this is the last week i need to worry with regards to my SMP about how much i'm earning. I'm planning to go off as early as possible anyway so this was the last week it counted. grrrrr. mum even came round there to check i was ok after he called (she only lives half a mile up the road!) she was cross about the pressure put on me.... "pregnant women don't need this sh1t!" :rofl: good old mum!

Good on your mum! She's right too.

This is my qualifying week too, so I am waiting for my temp agency to decide if I'm entitled to SMP or not. I rang them earlier and was told I'd hear by the end of the week. It's complicated because of having two weeks off to move, that may have broken the continuous employment condition.

There is NO temp work around here, I've heard nothing since I moved. That shouldn't interrupt continuous employment though, as agency staff are considered continuously employed as long as they take all work offered, if nothing is offered it doesn't count.

But, seeing as there is no work, I've got no money coming in, so I pretty much decided to start my maternity leave ASAP (1st January!) and start claiming whatever I am entitled to, be it SMP or just the allowance.

hopefully the continuous employment thing won't be affected and you'll get the SMP you're entitled to! :hugs:

have you had anyone telling you how "mad" you are for going off ASAP? Loadsa people have been saying that to me, but i'm just looking forward to having some "me" time, and the opportunity to get things sorted in my own time for bubs. Oh and the "no more crap from the boss" is top of the "pros" list at the mo! :rofl:

i love my hubby!!!

he said he was going to the shop to get some de-icer for morning (very frosty here atm) but i was in a grump about work and stayed at home in front of the fire with doggie.

when he got home he had loads of bags with him... needless to say i was about to go off on a rant about not being made of money :blush: when he sadi "Debz, before you start shouting, look what i got for you..." and it was all the baubles and tinsel I'll need to decorate the tree in the new theme i wanted of red and gold! :happydance: He wanted to cheer me up. Bless.

Aaww Debz that is so sweet of him to do that. Saves you a trip around the shops and youcan just put them up now xxx

So sorry to hear the dogs got a bad eye katie hun .

Lolly you have the right idea , Leave the house work lol .

Ohhh Debz they sound really selfish , and aragont !! . I hope you get your full Maternity pay from them .

Holly hun , I compleatley think its the charitys fault not yours , You left the sofa out in good faith they would take it !! .

Im totally shattered today , My bump is starting to ache and hurt ! , He is sooooooo low down i feel all the weight down wards and its really aching today :( .

Hope every ones having a great night , I have a tv night booked again .Americas next top model and spooks . xxxxx .

Logie - one of your scans is on my birthday - 23rd Jan!!

Dippy - well done you, what an achievement! :happydance:

Aww Debz that is sooo sweet of him - my OH wouldn't have the sense lol! And what a twat your boss is? Your Mam's right, the last thing we need at the minute is more bloody stress...

Shifter - hope you get what you're entitled to - its a nightmare organising things isn't it? - I've yet to get my MATB1 to hand in at work this week (its in the post) Saw my midwife today and she said to go on 'entitled to' .com or something like that, she reckons you can find out everything you're entitled to being pregnant/maternity pay etc. once you put in your personal circumstances. Suppose you could google it, it may be of some help to you.
She also said I'm measuring big, but mentioned in a 'nice way' that it could be half 'me' (in other words I've got a bit of padding!) I'm eating healthier now anyway and starting to excercise...

Lolly - sorry you had such a crap time, fancy them making a pregnant woman stand for 2 hours before thinking of getting you a chair?? Did you have cankles!!! Its a nightmare standing at the best of times, never mind when you're pg!

I've had a day off work today - did half hour in the gym (Cycling/walking) and 10 lengths in swimming baths - I felt much better for it! Did my ante-natal dvd on Saturday and it nearly killed me lol!

Hope all is well with everyone..:hugs:

Liz
xx

hopefully the continuous employment thing won't be affected and you'll get the SMP you're entitled to! :hugs:

have you had anyone telling you how "mad" you are for going off ASAP? Loadsa people have been saying that to me, but i'm just looking forward to having some "me" time, and the opportunity to get things sorted in my own time for bubs. Oh and the "no more crap from the boss" is top of the "pros" list at the mo! :rofl:

No, not had any madness comments, but not exactly been shouting it from the rooftops! I had intended to work until 4-5 weeks before bubs is due, but we need some money coming in from me, so I don't really have a choice. Not that I'm complaining about being able to stay home guilt free and be paid for it!

TBH, even if I qualify for SMP it won't be much more than MA anyway as I was working part time for the last four months and so my average earnings are quite low anyway.

Can I just say.... SNOW!! :happydance:

Am up early to go book in at my new hospital, hoping they make good on the scan offer too!

See you later ladies
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"