Due Sept 2017

Ugh. Val just out of nowhere forgot how to sleep for a few nights. I had to just keep her in bed with me eventually, which means very little sleep for me. She slept well again last night so I hope we're past whatever was bugging her. Maybe we hit the 4 month regression early but 3 nights seems short for that. Or maybe a growth spurt or Leap 4 decided to hit by birth date instead of due date. Guess I'll never really know but I hope my good sleeper is back because I'm freaking exhausted and I did my time with her brother ;)

Ugh. Val just out of nowhere forgot how to sleep for a few nights. I had to just keep her in bed with me eventually, which means very little sleep for me. She slept well again last night so I hope we're past whatever was bugging her. Maybe we hit the 4 month regression early but 3 nights seems short for that. Or maybe a growth spurt or Leap 4 decided to hit by birth date instead of due date. Guess I'll never really know but I hope my good sleeper is back because I'm freaking exhausted and I did my time with her brother ;)

Oh my! Hopefully it was just a very short phase and you are past it now. I have had the exact same thing with Zack the past 2 nights! He’s going down at his usual time of 8pm and then at 3/3.30am he is waking up moaning and will only dose off for 20 minutes at a time before being up and ready for the day by 6am. It’s a real shock to my system as I’m used to him sleeping for 12 hours! Val getting over it so quickly gives me hope so fingers crossed he is just going through a very short phase of it too x

So sorry for the sleep troubles! Us too! My baby has been sleeping awful since last Thursday. He was sick so we were up for fevers, baths, coughing, etc.. he seems to be better now and I finally got two three hour stretches last night! My wife had the flu so couldn't help, she was straight up in bed for days. Thankfully, the boys and I just had bad colds. I pounded the vitamin C and elderberry like crazy. I wasn't going down without a fight, and it worked!

I'm glad I'm not alone but not glad you guys are suffering too. She slept again last night so hopefully she's back to normal now. My poor boobs, though. I pumped a full bottle in 5 minutes this morning after feeding her.

We are heading into week 3 of horrible sleep :-( the little guy was up every 2 hours last night, and I’m at my wits end. Cry it out may be in our future.

Zack is still sleeping terribly. Every 2 hours he’s waking but not for a feed, he just needs soothed back to sleep. I would actually prefer if he was waking for a feed coz that might be easier to settle him but he’s not had a night feed since he was 6 weeks old so I don’t want to go backwards!

I’ve been reading this morning about the 4 month sleep regression and it sounds exactly like what we are going through. It is telling me to get rid of his dummy, stop rocking him to sleep, always put him in his crib to sleep etc. Sounds like we’re in for a tough few weeks 🙈 x

Zack is still sleeping terribly. Every 2 hours he’s waking but not for a feed, he just needs soothed back to sleep. I would actually prefer if he was waking for a feed coz that might be easier to settle him but he’s not had a night feed since he was 6 weeks old so I don’t want to go backwards!

I’ve been reading this morning about the 4 month sleep regression and it sounds exactly like what we are going through. It is telling me to get rid of his dummy, stop rocking him to sleep, always put him in his crib to sleep etc. Sounds like we’re in for a tough few weeks 🙈 x

That sounds rough! V had a few wakes last night after having done better for a few days, I hope it isn't a new pattern. We were up too late again so I'm thinking she's really sensitive to that. My poor boobs don't know what to think. I figure it's a hard time for them and try to keep things as normal as possible as far as sleep routine.

So how we all getting in with sleeping? Zack waking through the night is just about sending me loopy and it’s only been about a week and a half lol 🙈 the most annoying thing is he’s not even waking up for any reason other than to moan! When I make him up a bottle he only takes like an oz then goes back to sleep as he doesn’t really want it. It only takes me 10 seconds to settle him by putting his dummy in but I’m doing that about 10 times a night and I struggle to get back to sleep quickly. I’ve ordered an Ollie the owl sleep aid today as Ive read good reviews and I don’t know what else to do. Anyone tried it? X

We resorted to cry it out starting last Friday night. It was hard, but oh my lord, has it paid off! Our little man is consistently sleeping 6-7 hour chunks now! This was from 1-2 hours all night just a week ago. If you can handle a few nights of stress, it may very well pay off for you guys and Zack too. Plus, our baby is happier now - when he naps and sleeps better, he’s more smiley and engaged during the day. It’s been wonderful!

I'm pretty lucky in that Chloe is actually a great sleeper. I feel like we were due, though, as our older is and always has had a rough time with sleeping. She's JUST starting to sleep through now and she's 15 months old. (and by "sleep through" I mean until 5am)

Chloe usually wakes once a night. I give her a bottle and she goes back to sleep. Obviously this isn't every night, but it's often enough that I would call it her norm. It's so crazy how different kids are. It's so good to remember that next time someone offers you advice. Just because something worked for your kid does not mean it will work for mine. Heck, just because something worked for one of my kids doesn't mean it will work for the other!

We did CIO with Nora as well. It definitely helped, especially with going to sleep, but it never really had much of an impact on the middle of the night wake ups. :/

Val is still mixed up. She was a champion sleeper but now she's waking up a few times a night for milk. She goes right back to sleep at least. She's outgrowing the bassinet quickly and I need to figure out whether to put the Pack N Play or crib in the master or try to get both these little monkeys in the nursery instead of my room. I'm hoping Val will get back to sleeping through once she has more space and a little more control over what she's doing in her sleep, but after Teddy I'm not counting on it.

How exactly have you done the crying it out method? How long do you let him cry before going to him? And when you do eventually go to him, how do you soothe him? My only problem with that is that my husband works really long shifts and is up early in the morning so I jump to soothe Zack as soon as he cries as I don’t want him waking my husband. But hey, a few sleepy days for him for more sleep at night will be worth it I suppose. It’s so frustrating because he is still going to sleep on his own no problem but keeping him sleeping is becoming a nightmare and he’s waking more and more frequently during the night just looking for his dummy. Everything I read only tells me to drop the dummy but it also tells me not to pick him up so I really don’t know what else I would do to calm him down when he’s crying,m. Just look at him n hope he gets the message lol 😕?

Oh Chicago hopefully Val settles more quickly than your first! Have you tried anything else when she wakes to try and calm her down or is she always just looking for milk? I kind of wish Zack was waking for milk because then it would be easier to get him back to sleep but it seems like he’s literally just waking for no reason... x

We talked to our pediatrician, and based on Q’s age and weight, she said that he should be able to go 6 hours without eating. So we scaled that back and decided to not get him (or go into his room, or talk to him... nothing) until at least 4 hours had gone by. The doc recommended cold turkey, which is where you don’t go into the room at all until the designated time. Then, when he woke up around that time, I quietly changed his diaper, fed him, burped him, and put him back in his crib awake. Then we waited another 3 hours before feeding him again. In a week, he’s basically down to one feeding at 4am, then can sleep the rest of the night. It seems really mean, and it’s definitely not for everyone, but we were desperate, and it worked for us. I wish something less drastic would’ve worked, but we tried everything... now, though, we are soooo happy with our decision!

We talked to our pediatrician, and based on Q’s age and weight, she said that he should be able to go 6 hours without eating. So we scaled that back and decided to not get him (or go into his room, or talk to him... nothing) until at least 4 hours had gone by. The doc recommended cold turkey, which is where you don’t go into the room at all until the designated time. Then, when he woke up around that time, I quietly changed his diaper, fed him, burped him, and put him back in his crib awake. Then we waited another 3 hours before feeding him again. In a week, he’s basically down to one feeding at 4am, then can sleep the rest of the night. It seems really mean, and it’s definitely not for everyone, but we were desperate, and it worked for us. I wish something less drastic would’ve worked, but we tried everything... now, though, we are soooo happy with our decision!

I would be happy to give it a try but I’m just not sure how to do it lol... so if he cries you don’t go to him at all? I think Zack would end up making himself sick the way he screams 🙈 does he eventually just stop crying and go to sleep? How long would he usually cry for? See Zack doesn’t take a night feed at all anymore so he’s going down at 8pm and not looking for a feed until 7am so I think it would be a bit cruel of me to leave him that long lol... sorry for all the questions but I’m really ready to try anything!! X

Tess, I mostly just pull out a boob so I can go back to sleep ;). I set up the pack N play yesterday because she's getting too big for the bassinet and she woke up after ninety minutes instead of at least going the usual four hours. She's napped in the mornings in the swing with a pacifier a couple times recently (she wouldn't take one before) so I may get some that are the right size and see if they help. It seems unlikely that she's suddenly starving four times a night after previously sleeping ten hours straight, but she is eating well when she wakes, not just sucking twice and passing out, and she's waking for milk even if I take her into my bed so it's not just loneliness.

Tess, I mostly just pull out a boob so I can go back to sleep ;). I set up the pack N play yesterday because she's getting too big for the bassinet and she woke up after ninety minutes instead of at least going the usual four hours. She's napped in the mornings in the swing with a pacifier a couple times recently (she wouldn't take one before) so I may get some that are the right size and see if they help. It seems unlikely that she's suddenly starving four times a night after previously sleeping ten hours straight, but she is eating well when she wakes, not just sucking twice and passing out, and she's waking for milk even if I take her into my bed so it's not just loneliness.

They r beautiful, frustrating little creatures aren’t they lol? X

Q only cried for 30 minutes max at a time before falling back to sleep. I’ve heard some babies will cry for 3 hours though... depends on the babe! You could always try the longer and longer or fading techniques if Zack isn’t hungry but is still crying - that way you still show him that you haven’t forgotten about him for that long, but you’re slowly weaning him from your constant comforting. Both those methods have descriptions online if you look them up! They are supposed to take longer than cold turkey (2-3 nights), but may be more suited for Zack’s temperament.

They r beautiful, frustrating little creatures aren’t they lol? X

For real. I think I might start offering milk more often during the day and see if that helps, she's been spacing out feedings longer in the daytime so maybe she's making up for it overnight.

Yeh that sounds like she might be Chicago! Fingers crossed that works for u. How often is she getting u up for feeds through the night?

We have just had our second night of undistutbed sleep. Hallelujah! 8pm till 7.30am with him only waking once for his dummy. I can totally live with that lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->