• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ears pierced - girls

i couldnt, its sheer vanity. If you want a piercing, get one yourself, rather than trying it out on a baby.

These posts always bring drama! lol

I had the girls ears done at 9 months, they didnt get infected and they still have them in now. I admit I had them done because I like them and I have my ears done twice, belly and tongue pierced before I took it out and let it close up! I also have 8 tattoos.. Thats my life. I love my children, whether I did it for vanity is no one elses business.

Gonna step out on a limb here.....
Just my opinion of course (and you know what they say about those) Some of you are saying you wouldn't get it done on a baby because they don't have a choice, but a male baby doesn't have a choice for circumcision either, but regardless, "most" mothers have it done. One woman said they aren't born with holes, so they shouldn't have them, well male babies are born with skin, shouldn't they keep it...or get to have a choice?
Ummmm not here they dont :shrug:

I'm so happy to come from an extended family were baby's were dropped on hard floors by young cousins, attempted to be thrown in water tanks, fell of marble verandas NUMEROUS times, sat in cars without car seats in SCARY driver third worlds countries, had uncles dislocate arms by whizzing kids around, willies caught in zippers, shampoo in eyes, wailing, crying, being DRAGGED up any which way possible with SO MUCH love and caring and not a smack EVER doled out or felt because some things aren't that important. They just simply aren't. There is no ideal. If there are adult women who had their ears pierced as babies who go around with any scars or complaining about why it was done or how it took away their rights they have FAR bigger issues than having their ears pierced as babies.
erm im not sure i'd be happy with my baby being put in that kind of danger and if that makes me stiff and rigid and uptight then hey ho, so be it, at least my kid isnt in danger of splitting his head open, drowning, being killed in a car crash, dislocating his arm ... ok the shampoo in the eyes i wont throw a fit about. but seriously? i really dont get why you posted this with pride

And back to the original question, not for me. Its his body. To me its just unfair and pointless. There is NO good reason for it.

Also im a bit confused as to why some people on this thread used the 'their body, their choice' argument and in the same breath said if they had a boy they wouldnt allow them because they dont like it on boys? I dont like piercings on boys but if i was going to allow a daughter to have hers done when she wanted them and could care for them etc, then how could i not let noah? I cant be a hypocrite!

Gonna step out on a limb here.....
Just my opinion of course (and you know what they say about those) Some of you are saying you wouldn't get it done on a baby because they don't have a choice, but a male baby doesn't have a choice for circumcision either, but regardless, "most" mothers have it done. One woman said they aren't born with holes, so they shouldn't have them, well male babies are born with skin, shouldn't they keep it...or get to have a choice?
Ummmm not here they dont :shrug:

I'm so happy to come from an extended family were baby's were dropped on hard floors by young cousins, attempted to be thrown in water tanks, fell of marble verandas NUMEROUS times, sat in cars without car seats in SCARY driver third worlds countries, had uncles dislocate arms by whizzing kids around, willies caught in zippers, shampoo in eyes, wailing, crying, being DRAGGED up any which way possible with SO MUCH love and caring and not a smack EVER doled out or felt because some things aren't that important. They just simply aren't. There is no ideal. If there are adult women who had their ears pierced as babies who go around with any scars or complaining about why it was done or how it took away their rights they have FAR bigger issues than having their ears pierced as babies.
erm im not sure i'd be happy with my baby being put in that kind of danger and if that makes me stiff and rigid and uptight then hey ho, so be it, at least my kid isnt in danger of splitting his head open, drowning, being killed in a car crash, dislocating his arm ... ok the shampoo in the eyes i wont throw a fit about. but seriously? i really dont get why you posted this with pride

Because that's what our life was like and I loved it. And no one died, no one ended up unstable. We're a happy large extended family, all educated to graduate or post grad level and with families and in that environment there's no room for uptight. Also in a third world country you can't ensure certain levels of safety. We love each other and grew up with LOVE. No abuse. No neglect. And if you can't see that was my point about how LOVE is the important thing, and instead you see to try and make it about how I'm proud of the danger then you've either had a tough day or you're the type of person can't see the wood for the trees. That's the politest way I can put it. And trust me I had to reword it a few times.

I wouldn't do it, boy or girl, but TBH I wouldn't care if someone else did. Mine were done at 2 weeks, I guess that was my mom's choice. I chose to take them out at a certain age and never wore them since.

When she comes to me and asks if she can have her ears pierced.

When she wants them and even then it will depend on if I think she is mature enough to take care of them herself and if she really does want them done it's not just because a friend has them done or something. Also when she is old enough to be able to remember getting them done so when she's older she knows it was her choice.

I got mine pierced at 8 At claires accesories, after walked to the indoor
Market with my dad and collapsed on the Meat counter!!! Haha the woman pierced my ears at an angle, they swollen up got infected and had them
taken out, I got them
done again when I was 13 but it was my decision to get them done in the g
first place so when emily asks, and if it's an appropriate age where she vanpool
after them then I will allow it, x

One woman said they aren't born with holes, so they shouldn't have them, well male babies are born with skin, shouldn't they keep it...or get to have a choice?
That was me.

And frankly no, unless there is a medical reason to have it done, I don't believe it should be until they are old enough to make that choice themselves.

I agree with the above, their little ears are growing and it can alter the final positioning of the earing. Babies ears should be left alone imo.

I mean what if they became badly infected, or one got caught and ripped out. All for the sake of a mother thinking it looks 'pretty' or 'cute'. I dont get it.

Agreed! This happened to me actually. I begged my mom to pierce my ears when I was 4. She gave in and let me do it, and my ear ripped out a year later. The doctor said it is much more common than people think and it's not the first time he's seen it. Because our ears continue to grow and the hole can grow to the bottom of the ear. So lots of pain, 14 stitches later, and I had to wait until I was 16 to re-pierce them(doctors orders). It's not worth it. :nope:

I agree with the above, their little ears are growing and it can alter the final positioning of the earing. Babies ears should be left alone imo.

I mean what if they became badly infected, or one got caught and ripped out. All for the sake of a mother thinking it looks 'pretty' or 'cute'. I dont get it.

Agreed! This happened to me actually. I begged my mom to pierce my ears when I was 4. She gave in and let me do it, and my ear ripped out a year later. The doctor said it is much more common than people think and it's not the first time he's seen it. Because our ears continue to grow and the hole can grow to the bottom of the ear. So lots of pain, 14 stitches later, and I had to wait until I was 16 to re-pierce them(doctors orders). It's not worth it. :nope:

I couldn't even imagine risking something like that with my baby for vanity... Nope...
:hugs: to you hun!

One woman said they aren't born with holes, so they shouldn't have them, well male babies are born with skin, shouldn't they keep it...or get to have a choice?
That was me.

And frankly no, unless there is a medical reason to have it done, I don't believe it should be until they are old enough to make that choice themselves.

Im not sure id realy class the two as the same as peircing is having a foreign metal object inserted into the body and left with the intention of keeping a unnatural hole open (when I say un natural I just mean somthing they where not born with not as in its weird or wrong) where as getting a baby boy cut is somthing that heals up and is then completly forgotten about and most lads are never even aware of the operation or the differance even in later life.
Plus curcumsision isnt for the soul purpose of vanity and cuteness so I dont think they realy have anything to do with each other.

I'm not for either, and well... yeah I think both aren't something I would be willing to do, but I do not think they should be compared. Honestly, circ was something believed medically beneficial before.. yet piercing ears weren't... to my knowledge (in my area anyways I don't think) but maybe I'm wrong. Circ is medical, ear piercing isn't. Again, I don't agree with either, but they aren't on the same level. IMO

If I had a daughter I wouldnt have her ears pierced, personally think it looks crap

My mum pierced my ears when I was ....... Wait for it....... Couple months old. :gun: no ear problems at all and holes are still there to this day but WHY!!!!?????? Maybe was the done thing in 1976 :wacko:

:wacko:

I wouldnt want to risk it either :( there are already enough risks in life with baby, why create more?x

I couldn't even imagine risking something like that with my baby for vanity... Nope...
:hugs: to you hun!

I was about seven when I had mine pierced and only then because my brother and uncle had theirs done and I wanted mine done too. So I nagged and nagged my mum to have them done and almost right away I managed to rip one out.

I don't wear them now, I wouldn't want Joseph to have one and don't think I would let him or any other child of mine until they were at least twelve. And then only if they asked.

I still feel sick when I remember how much pain I was in when I ripped that earring out and I would hate Joseph to be hurt that way. I'm hoping he never wants an earring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->