• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ears pierced - girls

My first daughter had her ears pierced when she was 7, and only after I explained about the aftercare and the pain. She looked after them really well.
I'll do exactly the same for Evie too.

I got my 4 year olds ears pierced today. She first asked me about them over a year ago but I told her she was too young, she kept on asking so I explained to her that it would hurt lots and that she would have to take care of them afterwards, clean them everyday and make sure she didn't play with them.
She told me she could be big and brave and look after them herself so today I took her to have them done.
She did cry a little but not nearly as much as I was expecting and once they were done she was really happy about it, she said they didn't hurt anymore.
We have just cleaned them and turned them for the first time and she didn't flinch a bit.

I understand that everyone has a different opinion on this but for me, my daughter was ready, it wasn't a decision she rushed in to it was one that she had been thinking about for a long time and had it all explained to her. She made the decision herself and I really think it was right for her.

My 2 year old asked to have hers done when she saw her sisters but I told her no because I do not believe she is old enough to understand enough to make that sort of decision yet.

Just wondering - why does everyone think that babies don't feel pain? When Scarlett had her first jabs, she screamed so much that at one point she couldn't even make any sound! And that's probably the same sort of pain as having your ears pierced - after all, you're sticking a needle in a baby for NO reason (I'm sorry if you think there is, but there's not) and I can't think of any reason to think it won't hurt them :wacko:

I'm intrigued as to how they would they don't feel pain either
Some babies go into them selves when in pain,especially if it is sudden pain as shock overrides the crying reaction xx

From what I've seen in other threads, people argue that it's not that the don't feel pain in general but that they don't specifically feel pain in their earlobes. I'm a sceptic :shrug:

i am 100% sure my daughters did not cry, they certainly didnt "go into themselves" either. I know its not the same for every baby though i can only comment on my own.

is it because they numb their ears?

*plots to tickle LO's ears tomorrow*

Also, what reasons are there besides vanity? I just don't understand! I personally think that babies are beautiful as they are, and that piercings are unnecessary. And, without wanting to offend anyone, I actually think babies with pierced ears - at least where I'm from - usually just look a bit..."chavvy".

Also, what reasons are there besides vanity? I just don't understand! I personally think that babies are beautiful as they are, and that piercings are unnecessary. And, without wanting to offend anyone, I actually think babies with pierced ears - at least where I'm from - usually just look a bit..."chavvy".

you have offended!! :growlmad:

you have offended!! :growlmad:

Sorry! It's probably just where I live, every child I see with pierced ears seems to be kitted out in a tracksuit that matches their parents! I honestly didn't mean to offend, it's just that that's the only time I see babies with pierced ears, so that's all I know of it, IYKWIM?

No idea what age my girls will be.

When they ask for themselfs not when i say 'now is a good time'

At end of the day its there body, there choice. No parent IMO has the right to go mark there childs body without them wanting it.

Looking back on my previous post, I can see how what I said could be badly read. (One handed typing :dohh:)
What I mean is that I haven't ever seen babies with pierced ears that look nice, and so my view on it is going to be different to someone who HAS seen/has a baby with nicely pierced ears that don't look all scabby and whatnot.
So although I don't agree with baby ear piercing, I daresay my opinion is going to be toward not doing it whether it hurt or not, just because I've not seen it done nicely.
Sorry if I've hurt anyone's feelings, wasn't my intention.
(Thought I'd nip that in the bud before loads of people shout at me!)

Looking back on my previous post, I can see how what I said could be badly read. (One handed typing :dohh:)
What I mean is that I haven't ever seen babies with pierced ears that look nice, and so my view on it is going to be different to someone who HAS seen/has a baby with nicely pierced ears that don't look all scabby and whatnot.
So although I don't agree with baby ear piercing, I daresay my opinion is going to be toward not doing it whether it hurt or not, just because I've not seen it done nicely.
Sorry if I've hurt anyone's feelings, wasn't my intention.
(Thought I'd nip that in the bud before loads of people shout at me!)

i just replied before i saw this, its fine, i understand what you mean :flower:

My mum took me to have mine done when I was 3 because I was intent on trying to force her earrings in my ears so through fear i'd injure myself she took it to be done properly!!

Me personally though will let her have them as everyone else has said when she wants them but i'd like to think 12ish maybe!!

I'm trying to imagine why she would need to wear earrings before then, and maybe make it her big girl birthday present I don't know does that make sense, make it a sense of responsibility for her. Almost a coming of age thing.

I can imagine me saying when you're 12!!

i wouldnt be worrying about ears,

my 15 yr old is begging me to have her belly button pierced :rofl: ears being pierced is nothing compared a to a teen going on and on and on and on lol.

just to add i personally dont like ears pierced on very young children and rosie had her done aged 10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->