Engaged

worrying

Reaction score
I'm 37 weeks on Sunday and this little one has been engaged for about a week. I can feel her.. No delicate way to put this but my vagina hurts! If I stand to long, when I sit, when I roll over in bed.. There is a head in my pelvis and I am so done.

Do you think this means she might come early? I can't do another 3 weeks or more like this :cry::nope:

I've also been having regular BH for a while.

Is this your first? As it's not uncommon for them to pop in and out of engagement after your first. Also it might be a bit of SPD, as that's how my SPD feels, like I have a bowling ball in my vagina! But have felt like that for a couple of months... all in all I don't think it means baby will come any earlier but it's still a good sign that all is going well x

With my first he was engaged very early and stayed that way. Super painful to sit, stand, anything.....I had to be induced a week after my due date. Second baby he engaged a few weeks before and pretty much stayed there. I didn't go into labor with him either early.

My baby keeps going in and out of engagement. Thank god he isn't staying that way because its uncomfortable and he needs to stay in for a few more weeks!

Thanks all. She's my second, and I didn't have it with my first. I feel bruised down there. :(

I'm pretty sure I have mild/moderate SPD this time too. I also feel bruised down there. Feels like a horse kicked me in the minge. Oh, and it hurts worst when I change position after being one way for too long! So possibly it's that? As I know for sure baby is floating (well she was when the midwife saw me the other day and I still had the pains that day). Hope you get some relief either way!

Second babies tend to bob up and down, I wouldn't take it as a sign of her coming early, sorry. :( Those are also things that made my SPD worse but there was an almost constant feeling like my pubic bone had been kicked with a steel toe cap boot, it does sound like it could be SPD! I hope you can feel comfortable soon. :hugs:

Thanks ladies, maybe SPD then.. I'm sat on frozen peas.

I'm 37 weeks on Sunday and this little one has been engaged for about a week. I can feel her.. No delicate way to put this but my vagina hurts! If I stand to long, when I sit, when I roll over in bed.. There is a head in my pelvis and I am so done.

Do you think this means she might come early? I can't do another 3 weeks or more like this :cry::nope:

I've also been having regular BH for a while.

This is me right now. I'm 35 weeks Monday and I've had a feeling he's been getting lower and lower for the last week or 2. Midwife confirmed that earlier in the week.

Unfortunately, second or subsequent pregnancies, it doesn't mean anything. A lot of babies after the first don't actually engage until labour. But I hear you on not being able to do another 3 weeks of it. I'm hoping my little guy hangs in for another week or 2 at the most then decides it's time to meet us. I don't really want to go to 38 weeks like I normally would when I go into labour on my own. I'm over the discomfort, I'm over pregnancy, I'm over the pain.

Thanks all. She's my second, and I didn't have it with my first. I feel bruised down there. :(

Go have a look in the mirror. If you feel bruised, chances are your lady bits will look all purple and swollen. Totally normal (this is the first time in 4 pregnancies I've had it) though it doesn't do anything to help our current levels of discomfort. :cry:

My first never engaged until I was in labour, and I had him at 39+6. On the other hand, my best friends son (also her first baby) was engaged from about 36-37 weeks, she went 10 days overdue and had to be induced (ironically we had our boys on exactly the same day :)).
My sister was the same - baby boy was engaged from around 37ish weeks and she ended up going 9 days over and being induced.

So I never buy into the baby being engaged meaning anything, but at the very same time I say that, DS#2 has def been very low compared to my first son, and I suspect his engaging and then popping out a lot (by the feelings I have had), so I would lovvvee to think this might mean he could come a little earlier than his brother. We can dream right?! Hehe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->