English-English versus American-English

lol at the c*nt thing. that was pretty funny.
so in england and others do they have strippers male&female? well im sure they do but are they called the same thing there?

the food thing confuses me like no other.i kinda figured out the pram and cot thing but the clothes get me too

our mcdonalds playlands got removed when I was about 10 lol. Im not fussed, it just gives me another reason not to take the kids there :p

DH keeps asking for 'chips' when we go to Subway and stuff (instead of crisps)... The woman today was already all over the place, so I quickly translated for him :rofl:

Hahaha I'd totally make that chips/crisps lingo error too! :haha:

i would too!!!!!!!! wow people would be laughing at me like no other if i went there. i better make my self a dictonary from this thread before i ever go over there

Poor DH has been made fun of a lot over here...mostly by me :blush::rofl:

It's just little things, like the way he doesn't pronounce his 't's and says words weird - eg orange - oor-nge... :lol: We were at my dad's this weekend just trying to think of things for him to say!!

x

Poor DH has been made fun of a lot over here...mostly by me :blush::rofl:

It's just little things, like the way he doesn't pronounce his 't's and says words weird - eg orange - oor-nge... :lol: We were at my dad's this weekend just trying to think of things for him to say!!

x

i say oor-nge to and chips and soda. when we say things from here we dont say the whoe word. we kinda make our oun slang

I just love the way DH over-pronounces his 'r's... Eg my name - Charrrrrlotte! Carrr! Hearrrt!! <3 :lol:

xx

yah the funny thing in the states is that so many of the states have there own accent. ex- people in texas say we have a funny accent but to us they have a weird one same thing with OK. we think they have an accent. but i love different accents from other countries. i would be so lost going to another country with some of the names there

because my grandmother, who is English, used to always tell me to "Wash my patties" when I was little lol

My papa always says that too! He's not English but some of his ancestors were, not sure how far back.

I say Doctor's Office as well. I agree, surgery is a medical procedure that has something to do with cutting you open. :rofl:
We also use surgery for meeting with our local politician.

Never heard hands called patties!

I say orange like (or-an-j) never heard hands called patties we have cow patties tho but you wouldnt want your hands near them lol.

I say orange like (or-an-j) never heard hands called patties we have cow patties tho but you wouldnt want your hands near them lol.

:rofl: Love how you worded that!!

I've heard hands called patties before I think...But in the US patties to me are the meaty bits in the burgers.. :)

:rofl: Love how you worded that!!

I've heard hands called patties before I think...But in the US patties to me are the meaty bits in the burgers.. :)

lol we also call burgers before they are cooked hamburger patties.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->