Etiquette Question

H

heyyady

My hubby's best friend has just graduated from law school. We are meeting him for lunch tomorrow and it will be the first time we've seen him since he graduated (Due to circumstances we were unable to attend the graduation itself. ) We bought him a very nice pen as a gift, and plan on giving it to him tomorrow. HIs girlfriend will also be there tomorrow, and she graduated the same class. They have been together for a year and a half, but due to the grueling schedule of law school in it's final year, we have only met her once. He's pretty serious about her, though, so I think she'll be staying around :shrug: Now, here's the question. Do we give her a gift as well? I have no desire (Or $!) to buy her an equal gift as we did the friend (Seriously, nice pens are friggin expensive :wacko: ) And we really don't know her. Flowers seem lame. Is a card sufficient? Gift card to Starbucks? Something law related? I am at a loss.

I personally wouldn't buy her one. A card is a lovely thought and in my opinion is enough for someone you haven't met yet.

I agree a card is enough for someone you don't know :flower:

I agree hun, I think a card is sufficent, shows you gave her some thought, but a gift is unnecessary as she is technically a stranger :hugs:

I'd just get a card too. I'm sure she wouldn't expect a gift from you and will be touched that you thought to get her a card.

honestly I don't think flowers would be lame at all, and it doesn't have to be expensive dozen roses either, I think a nice bouquet of pink or white tulips would be lovely

My hubby's best friend has just graduated from law school. We are meeting him for lunch tomorrow and it will be the first time we've seen him since he graduated (Due to circumstances we were unable to attend the graduation itself. ) We bought him a very nice pen as a gift, and plan on giving it to him tomorrow. HIs girlfriend will also be there tomorrow, and she graduated the same class. They have been together for a year and a half, but due to the grueling schedule of law school in it's final year, we have only met her once. He's pretty serious about her, though, so I think she'll be staying around :shrug: Now, here's the question. Do we give her a gift as well? I have no desire (Or $!) to buy her an equal gift as we did the friend (Seriously, nice pens are friggin expensive :wacko: ) And we really don't know her. Flowers seem lame. Is a card sufficient? Gift card to Starbucks? Something law related? I am at a loss.

I'd just buy her a card:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->