Expecting Twins? Come join!

Love the names!!! Do they have separate sacs or in one sac?

separate sacs, but most likely identical due to the shared placenta.. getting a bit worried.. reading up on TTTS online :(

Don't read things online!!! It's nothing but bad news!! Did your doctor say anything was wrong with it? I was told a shared sac is more high risk because of the chances of them getting tangled in the umbilical cords. Were they both the same size so far?

This was a private scan, so she didn't say anything about it.. I have another U/S in two weeks at my OB's office so I will ask then. At my last appt they were both the same exact size, 4 oz. And today, Colton's heart rate was 137bpm and Landon's was 138. Just paranoid now :(

Cool names! My babies were both 136 beats per minute at the 19 week scan. They sound happy as! And they are the same size which is good, are they bang on for dates or smaller or larger?
Are they sure there is just one placenta or two joined together, which can happen often.

Also welcome to team double :blue:!!!

As arj said - welcome to team double blue!!!! On my fone so
Can't do smiles!!!!! Xxxxxxxx

Hmm, they didnt say anything about the placenta fusing. Ill ask. And at the last appt they were each measuring a few days ahead.

Hello everyone. I'm not sure if I will join you all??
But I have a scan to find out if it is twins in 2 weeks!
I have extremely high betas! At 5w1d it was 13,443, and 5 days later 5w6d it was 83910.
I am off the charts, and am certain on my dates. Even looking at betabase.comy levels are higher than the average twin pregnancy!!

Did any of you get a beta done that late? If so what was it?

My beta levels were normal to low even for a single pregnancy! So I was blown away at the 13 week scan!

Can't remb mine at those dates, but they were taking 3 days to double compared to usual
2 days!! So also very shocked to see twins at ultrascan!!!!

Xxxxxxxx

I only had my HCG level done once, and it was completely average for the gestation for a single pregnancy.

Mine was 265 at 16 dpo if I remember right.

So how is everyone? I'm still hanging in there. Had an awful cold the past few days but am over that now. OH is fetching me chocolate from the supermarket hehe

Hey everybody! I'm in the two-week countdown for our first attempt at finding out the sexes (I'm so far behind you other ladies). But congrats on all the boys!! :) Yesterday I hit 14-weeks, so I'm "officially" in second trimester and I'm really waiting for that "honeymoon" phase to begin! lol, I'm still having some MS, but it's mostly just at night. Anyways, I just wanted to add in my bump picture... I feel like it's just starting to look more babyish that fat. :)

How is everyone else doing?

Attachments

• IMG_4729.jpg
    IMG_4729.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 9
My clinic didn't do betas so I can't help on the levels question.

Lovely bump pic HLanders, you look fab :) Hope you manage to find out the sexes when you go for your scan.

We have our 12 week scan on the 10th for the NT.

Congrats FG on twin boys :dance: Step away from google and ttts. You are doing great!

HLanders, lovely bump hun!

Traskey, bet you're excited to see those babies again :D

Here's my 17w1d bump pic, morning of the gender scan

17w1d bump.jpg

FG, you look amazing!

Loving the bump pics :D

FloridaGirl21 - any update on the genders?

We had our 11 1/2 week scan on Friday. I'll have to upload the pictures when I get home tonight. Both babies were doing great - all moving around. One kind of waved at us :) The other was kicking and moving constantly! It was really neat to see on the screen.

I have another scan at 14 weeks, and they said there maybe be a chance of figuring out the sexes then. I can't wait!

They saw that ours both have their own placentas. The top twin has the placenta above it, and the bottom twin has the placenta below it - so completely different sides of my uterus - which apparently is good. Between that and the fact that they are di-di (not sure what that means but something about they each have their own house and their own room in the house) the tech and doctor are guessing that they are fraternal.

Congratulations Loreleigh, so pleased that your scan went well. Must be so exciting to see them moving around like that.

One more week to wait for ours!

I just found out that my babies COULD be identical! They told me fraternal and they probably are as they have their own placentas and thier own sacs, but I read that if an egg splits in the 1st 3 days then this also happens with identicals! I am having two boys, I guess we'll see!

I just found out that my babies COULD be identical! They told me fraternal and they probably are as they have their own placentas and thier own sacs, but I read that if an egg splits in the 1st 3 days then this also happens with identicals! I am having two boys, I guess we'll see!

yeah i have heard that too! i always still belive mine are fraternal, but i guess we wouldnt know until they are born!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->