Expecting Twins? Come join!

Yea I believe mine are too, but then again only got ovulation pain on one side that month.... hmmmm

I just found out that my babies COULD be identical! They told me fraternal and they probably are as they have their own placentas and thier own sacs, but I read that if an egg splits in the 1st 3 days then this also happens with identicals! I am having two boys, I guess we'll see!

arj We have been told that our twin girls have a 30% chance of been identical if the egg had split in the first 3 days, i hadn't realised this either i assumed they would be non identical.

how exciting though!!! do you think they will know when they seem them straight away, do they do any particular test??

xxxxxxxxx

I don't think there is any way of knowing for sure until after they are born, unless they are boy/girl. But I believe there is something about the placentas that they can look at after they are born and know for sure. I read it in my book somewhere, so I will have to go back and check again to see what it says.

I'm hoping mine are fraternal just b/c I'm terrified I won't be albe to tell them apart!

Yea Im really hoping mine are fraternal too, just for shallow reasons like wanting to know what two of my kids would look like rather than one look in two different people!! LOL but what ever really, I would do what my friend did with her two identical boys and give them different hair cuts!!!
My other friend had identical girls that look anything but! One is bigger and has dark hair and a round face, the other is tiny and bald!

I reckon Ill be able to tell when theyre born. But in my friends case, her identicals look so different so maybe I wont. hmmmm

I'm so excited to be 12 weeks today! My first trimester was so easy, I really shouldn't complain, but it feels good not to feel so nervous all the time.

That's great news Lorileigh :)

As for the fraternal question my twins book said that if they are both the same sex the only definitive way to tell is with a blood test after birth. It also suggested that if you couldn't tell them apart (apparently this is quite common in the first few days) to leave the hospital tags on them for a while :D

Just found out we have a Boy and a Girl on the way!!! ahh so excited!!
It feels so real now!

congrats Goody!!

Just came from the DR's, my boys are still boys! Uterus is measuring 26 weeks though!! :shock:

they found a break in the placenta's so there are actually 2sacs/2placentas

19w1d bump.jpg

How exciting Goody! Now you can start planning!!!

We had our 20 week u/s yesterday and follow up appointment today. Everything is looking great. The doctor said they can survive any time after 24 weeks, which is only 4 weeks away. Needless to say, I am extremely nervous now! She said she thinks I will be able to make it to June without bed rest, so I'm hoping she is right. My belly is measuring 25 weeks, and both babies are breech. So I'm hoping Baby A will turn soon so we can attempt a normal delivery.

I hope everyone else is doing well!!!

Congratulations Goody, on one girl and a boy :wohoo:

FG, that is fantastic news that they have 2 sacs and 2 placentas! Both still boys too :happydance:

KC, so pleased that your 20 week scan went well and both babies are doing well :dance:

AFM, we had our 12 weeks scan yesterday and both babies are well and growing on schedule. They each have a sac and a placenta :)

Great news everyone, lots of healthy bubs :)

Florida does this mean that yours could be fraternal? And you too AFM?

Yes, this means they are most likely fraternal, very small chance they are identical. Won't be 100% until they are born and DNA tested

Will you DNA them???
Mine were told fraternal, two placentas and a divider in sacs, but there is still a 30 percent chance they split in the 1st 3 days and are identical. Im kinda hoping for fraternal since that is what I was told from the start, plus I wanna see what two seperate kids would look like! (just hope one isnt ugly and the other cute haha)! >.<

that's exactly what I was told. Most likely fraternal but if they split early on then they are probably identical. I would actually like to get DNA tests after birth just to confirm.

Congrats Goody!!! Oh that's exactly what I'm hoping for!!

Congrats everyone on all the news, healthy happy twins all around!

My next appointment is tomorrow and I just hope the babies will cooperate and we can find out the genders! :)

Congrats everyone :D I have not posted much in this thread lately but have been reading everyones posts when I see it pop up!

My twins should be here in a couple of weeks, I had an appointment on Tuesday at the hospital and they said I can now just wait for labour and that I stay at home until I get 3 contractions every 10 minutes.......to only go in if I have my waters break, so that's great news :D and quite exciting knowing I dont have to worry about pre term labour an them trying to stop it now if it does happen.

Got a scan on Tuesday to check on my boys growth cos he slowed down a little, will update after then no doubt!

Anyone have fun ideas to share about how you announced what the babies genders were? We're *hoping* to find out this Friday and I'm trying to decide if I want to have a big reveal or just call/text people to let everyone know...

A friend of ours said "in the pink corner we have..."
I just text and said GIRL! with my 1st as I was so hoping for a girl, but second pregnancy and this time Im keeping it a secret till birth from everyone :)

Hope everyone's ok!!!!

Just wanted to say I've got my c section booked for the 26th April! I'll be 37weeks!!

I'm soo excited yet a bit nervous!!!!!! Xxxxxxxx

10 days till I see my boys!!! Xxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"