**EXTREMELY! LUCKY** Perving Thread

I should be back in the 2ww by the end of the week, hopefully!

HSG on Thursday morning and no BDing until it's been done :(

How did the HSG go?? I'm due for one but putting it off until June I think. I have an ultrasound scheduled May 25th. I really hope everything is clear for you. :hugs:

Ask me tomorrow lol

Not sure if i'll get my results tomorrow but hopefully they'll give me some idea of what's happening

What are you having the US for?

I should be back in the 2ww by the end of the week, hopefully!

HSG on Thursday morning and no BDing until it's been done :(

How did the HSG go?? I'm due for one but putting it off until June I think. I have an ultrasound scheduled May 25th. I really hope everything is clear for you. :hugs:

Ask me tomorrow lol

Not sure if i'll get my results tomorrow but hopefully they'll give me some idea of what's happening

What are you having the US for?

:dohh: I keep thinking it's thursday night! Wishing away the month already, not a good sign. :haha:

The last ultrasound I had was the first year we were TTC so they are repeating it. Just standard practice, as i've just started at the fertility clinic finally rather than my GP or endocrinology clinic. Need to call to arrange a smear as they asked for cervical tissue to test other things as well! And Rubella. All of which have to be done before the HSG can be scheduled.

cheeky - I got my results immediately....luckily my dh was there b/c teh pain killer my dr gave me before the procedure made me loopy...I didnt remember half of what he said so my dh had to fill me later. G/L luv will be thinking of you tomorrow.

ttcbaby117, your temps are looking very promising. Is this the first time you have charted them?

Hey all :)

HSG done!

My right tube is blocked, but my left is open :D

I'm happy with that, I expected to find them both blocked!

That sounds good then cheeky :D

x x x

Fallopian tubes: Is pregnancy possible with only one?I have only one fallopian tube. Is it possible for me to get pregnant?
Answer
from Sandhya Pruthi, M.D.
Pregnancy is possible with only one fallopian tube — as long as you have one or both ovaries, you still ovulate, and the remaining fallopian tube is healthy.

Normally, a single egg is released each month by one of the ovaries. The egg travels to one of the fallopian tubes — typically the adjacent tube — where a sperm may fertilize it. The fertilized egg then travels to the uterus.

Ovulation tends to alternate between the ovaries. If you have only one fallopian tube, you're most likely to conceive on a month in which the egg is released from the ovary nearest your fallopian tube. Although it may be possible for an egg released from one ovary to travel to the fallopian tube on the opposite side, this is rare. Instead, any eggs released from the ovary on the opposite side typically won't have a chance to be fertilized. The egg will simply break down, and you'll have your next period as usual.

Keep in mind that fertility may be affected by other factors as well. You're less likely to conceive if one of your fallopian tubes was removed due to a tubal pregnancy or infection. In such cases, the remaining fallopian tube may not be normal. Conception is also less likely if you have only one ovary and it's on the opposite side of your only fallopian tube.

I guess it's pretty rare, but possible! Shame there wasn't an easy way to lasso the ovary and bring it near the good tube. ;-)

Thanks Moxie :)

I'm still feeling positive about it all, I know I'm one tube down but considering I was sterlised 11 years ago I'm lucky to have one functioning tube now!

Hopefully the SI will encourage 2 ovulations again this month. I've 2 cycles to try before I see my FS again, so if I have no luck before then I'm going to speak to him about fertility drugs, I'm sure there must be something that will help

On the good side, I've read alot about there being an increased chance of getting pregnant after a HSG, the nurse also mentioned it today. So fingers crossed!

Thanks Moxie :)

I'm still feeling positive about it all, I know I'm one tube down but considering I was sterlised 11 years ago I'm lucky to have one functioning tube now!

Hopefully the SI will encourage 2 ovulations again this month. I've 2 cycles to try before I see my FS again, so if I have no luck before then I'm going to speak to him about fertility drugs, I'm sure there must be something that will help

On the good side, I've read alot about there being an increased chance of getting pregnant after a HSG, the nurse also mentioned it today. So fingers crossed!

Keep up that PMA lady! :happydance:

I've also heard of the increase chance afterwards so fingers crossed!!

ttcbaby117, your temps are looking very promising. Is this the first time you have charted them?

thanks moxie - I started temping around October last year and then stopped this year up until this cycle. This is my second month on clomid. My temps usually stay aruond 97.9 and I will have a random temp around 98.3 but it has never been this flat....do you think that is good? Is this considered triphasic. Also, I have heard that there is an increased chance of having a triphasic chart while on clomid without pregnancy...do you know if that is true? I am trying to keep from testing until 14 dpo..let see if I can make it

Thanks for taking a look at my chart, I like to hear what others think as I am still learning.

Its looking good as far as I can tell although im afraid i dont know anything about having a triphasic chart while on clomid. Hope u get your BFP! let us know!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm noticing more and more that the successful pregnant charts seem to have BD 1-2 days past FF's ovulation line. So I'm making a special effort to continue to BD past when I "think" I've ovulated. I am especially suspicious that the soy somehow makes the egg take longer to leave the gate based on when and how it lengthens the luteal phase.

And then I see the charts where people BD only ONCE the entire cycle and get pregnant and I go :dohh:

I am working on a theory for interpreting charts that so far seems quite plausible (on ovulatory cycles). But I need more people who have charted a while to really examine it further. I could flush out my ideas here but I think you will all yawn. :haha: It has to do with the peaks and valleys. There seem to be critical points and temperatures that you can map cycles to that are much more reliable than just mapping by days alone -- as time between those critical points can and DOES vary.

So far I can predict ovulation temp dip at day 18 for me. Who knows what 2 more days of soy might do! My face/neck is breaking out in spots like crazy, which is so bizarre, but apparently is indicative of low estrogen. I already had low estrogen before soy, it must be rock bottom now!!! Fingers crossed once I stop it will boomerang and I'll ovulate ever so slightly earlier. I've noticed that some women with charts like mine tend to get pregnant on the 'crazy' chart -- aka higher temps, more extreme ping-pongs, etc., probably because hormones are stronger. That means you, too, Maaybe!

Not to get our hopes up for no reason. All sorts of charts become pregnant. But subfertile people who have been trying a while tend to need something to change in order to get their :bfp: ...

thanks moxie - I started temping around October last year and then stopped this year up until this cycle. This is my second month on clomid. My temps usually stay aruond 97.9 and I will have a random temp around 98.3 but it has never been this flat....do you think that is good? Is this considered triphasic. Also, I have heard that there is an increased chance of having a triphasic chart while on clomid without pregnancy...do you know if that is true? I am trying to keep from testing until 14 dpo..let see if I can make it

Thanks for taking a look at my chart, I like to hear what others think as I am still learning.

I take it you didn't chart the last cycle on clomid then? If it's anything like soy, it probably is why your temps are so flat. Mine were shockingly flat on soy -- even the rises and drops were so clean and gradual. It's hard having a 'perfect' chart like this as the temp could drop rapidly for AF. It's great that you aren't testing until 14 dpo. Maybe plan some fun things to do those days to distract you just in case you don't get a positive yet, as I think clomid can also lengthen your luteal phase sometimes?

I really hope you get good news when you test and that temp stays up!

I'm noticing more and more that the successful pregnant charts seem to have BD 1-2 days past FF's ovulation line. So I'm making a special effort to continue to BD past when I "think" I've ovulated. I am especially suspicious that the soy somehow makes the egg take longer to leave the gate based on when and how it lengthens the luteal phase.

And then I see the charts where people BD only ONCE the entire cycle and get pregnant and I go :dohh:

I am working on a theory for interpreting charts that so far seems quite plausible (on ovulatory cycles). But I need more people who have charted a while to really examine it further. I could flush out my ideas here but I think you will all yawn. :haha: It has to do with the peaks and valleys. There seem to be critical points and temperatures that you can map cycles to that are much more reliable than just mapping by days alone -- as time between those critical points can and DOES vary.

So far I can predict ovulation temp dip at day 18 for me. Who knows what 2 more days of soy might do! My face/neck is breaking out in spots like crazy, which is so bizarre, but apparently is indicative of low estrogen. I already had low estrogen before soy, it must be rock bottom now!!! Fingers crossed once I stop it will boomerang and I'll ovulate ever so slightly earlier. I've noticed that some women with charts like mine tend to get pregnant on the 'crazy' chart -- aka higher temps, more extreme ping-pongs, etc., probably because hormones are stronger. That means you, too, Maaybe!

Not to get our hopes up for no reason. All sorts of charts become pregnant. But subfertile people who have been trying a while tend to need something to change in order to get their :bfp: ...

Eeeee!
I hope so :)

I'm worried about the DTD after ovulation. . .
We've hardly done it at all this month! :dohh:

xx

With a dive and jump like yours, it's hard to imagine the follicle taking its time kicking that egg out. I think you'll be okay. The biggest thing is getting BD in when the fertile signs are there (open cervix, good CM etc.). For some people that might not be well-timed with when the egg comes out.

thanks leanne

thanks moxie...I really hope it will work....I did chart last cycle but I didnt write it down...if that makes sense....i charted for 5 days after suspected O just to confirm it and then I charted from 12dpo to 17dpo which is when af showed. My temps were really high but they did not stay flat like this.....who knows...I know I am overanalyzing everything right now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->